Topic: How to do a zombie?

I know there are lots of ways to do a zombie with the easiest one being a normal actor/extra with some makeup to pale the skin. What I want to know how to create bite and battle wounds. How to have a zombie with his eye hanging out of it's socket and other stuff like that. My ideal zombie would be like the one on the cover in Fulci's Zombi but I know that's out of my range (for this moment). So, any tips? In advance, thanks.

Re: How to do a zombie?

Latex!  There are different types of fake skin stuff you can use and also websites that you can get different wounds already made.  I've tried a number of different things over the years.  I haven't tried bites yet though... Maybe I'll use that for this halloween.  I've done peeling skin, burns, bruses, cuts and gunshots.  And once I had a fake worm comimg out of my arm.

So you pose the question "How to do a zombie" and get the answer Latex.......if you dont read any further this turns into a lot different question than one would think.....

lol! lol

BTW, thanks for the tip but I'm looking for a "recipe" to do my own wounds. I think buying them would be too expensive for me.

Last edited by Kruz (2007-06-25 14:26:33)

A trick I've used on the cheep is unflavored gelatin.  Try using various amounts of water to gelatin mix.  To help stiffen it up and give it some texture I've used tissues or cotton depending on what effect I've wanted.  It takes longer to set up than liquid latex but you can really do some cool things with it.  I apply it in thinner layers and let each layer set before applying the next.  Once fully dry you can apply grease paint to it.

Mmmm... interesting. I'm gonna try that this weekend and I'll try to post some samples to see what you guys think.

What cha up to Kruz?? Making a movie or just experimenting? sounds like fun!!!

Experimenting. I'm trying to find out what I can do and what I can't do in order to write a small script.

Best suggestion I can come up with would be to watch a bunch of zombie flicks and see what they do.  Get ideas.  And like you said, experiment.

hey man.. I saw this fantastic video on Youtube awhile back.. check it out..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dW0A4rnnYk[/youtube]

^ Wicked fucking video!  Great find, Goon!

Wow! That video is amazing! I'm also gonna try that one this weekend. I'm also checking that indymogul site to see what else can I find. Thanks for the tips.

I just checked that website and there's a video to make a brain. Great stuff!