Topic: Mike Mendez's Ov3rkill Teaser Trailer

Mike Mendez has been underground for quite some time. His last film was Gravedancers which in my opinion is the best film that the After Dark Horrorfest ever had. So what has he been working on lately? Ov3kill and it looks pretty bad ass if it sticks...

Read More : Mike Mendez's Ov3rkill Teaser Trailer

Re: Mike Mendez's Ov3rkill Teaser Trailer

it looks like a rip off of a movie called slashers  where abunch of people go on a game show in toyko n fight some craze killers and they actually get killed on the show n whoever is left win money n didn't i see stone cold in the trailer

The "numbers for letters" thing is getting old.

thecrow26 wrote:

it looks like a rip off of a movie called slashers  where abunch of people go on a game show in toyko n fight some craze killers and they actually get killed on the show n whoever is left win money n didn't i see stone cold in the trailer

"The trailer reminds me a lot of Maurice Devereaux's $la$her$. The basic premise is that a bunch of people off the street get in on a reality show where they must kill, serial killers." Goon, quoted in his article.

just sayin'

Great premise (rip-off or not), but looks cheesy and cheap.

thefinalsolution wrote:

Great premise (rip-off or not), but looks cheesy and cheap.

That would probably be because this was just thrown together to help sell the idea.. Thats why you see a shot of Steve Austin and some other stock footage.. It's a teaser in every sense of the word..

What? Gravedancers the best ADHF entry? It was pretty decent up until the end.  But the CGI was horrible, especially that goofy looking giant ghost head!  That pretty much ruined the rest.:P
As for this one, if it ends up having Ray Wise in it, then it could end up being some good cheesy fun!

alien25 wrote:

What? Gravedancers the best ADHF entry? It was pretty decent up until the end.  But the CGI was horrible, especially that goofy looking giant ghost head!  That pretty much ruined the rest.:P
As for this one, if it ends up having Ray Wise in it, then it could end up being some good cheesy fun!

Well look at all the shit that movie is up against.. I mean I cant even recall any other After Dark films that I have actually liked.

I thought this was awesome until the last little mashup of clips. It looks like slashers with more atmosphere and a bigger budget. Either way I hope it gets made id liek to see it

Goon wrote:
alien25 wrote:

Well look at all the shit that movie is up against.. I mean I cant even recall any other After Dark films that I have actually liked.

There have been much better ones, Frontier(s) and Borderland to name a couple.  Not to mention several others that were just more original and well executed.  Had it not been for the ending, then Gravedancers would have been up there as well.