Re: Child's Play Remake

They should put Kane Hodder under the make up of Chucky!!...And Warwick Davis as Jason for Friday the 13th sequel. I mean, that the way they see horror these days.

I see remakes as upgrades. And if they can upgrade this movie with the same CHUCKY voice! (Brad Douriff) than I am all for it!! The original movie was scary as hell for me, I hate dolls! So I can only imagine with today's technology and that kick ass original storyline, It can only be good!

Keep an open mind and treat it as its own movie, that is what I did with F13, TCM, Amityville, etc. And I havent been dissapointed.

Except Last House on the Left! (SPOILER)

WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!!! the redemption in that movie and the girl not dying was completely bull!! and wes craven producing it was just unbelievable to watch his first masterpiece be destroyed to pieces.

all these remakes of 80's horror is starting to make me feel old

Hahaha!  I couldn't agree more, EvilElivs.  Growing up watching horror movies during the 80's, I can totally relate with you.  It's strange to see all my favorite horror movies being remade from the 80's.  It's as if I've crossed over into a different dimension like that one Twilight Zone episode.  Why they think they have to remake Chucky is beyond me?  I mean, how many Chucky movies do you really need to get the point across?  I guess we will get more Chuck for the buck!

- Cryptbreath

I am not sure how I feel about a remake why cant they just leave it alone why must they remake these great old movies?

why not
least it has the voice of chucky as its an awesome voice

EvilElvis wrote:

all these remakes of 80's horror is starting to make me feel old

----------
Yeah i guess it should feel like that! But at least you can proudly say you went to the premiere of the ORIGINAL films!!!!

-I would loved having the chance to bring my girl in my NEW dad's SS 454 and leaving for the theatre to see something like NOES part 2 or 3.

Last edited by D@vid (2010-05-06 10:02:58)

taking away the comedy from chucky is taking chucky all they need to do is  reboot the series with chucky just a little more pissed off maybe with a deep hatred at the police officer responcible for making him be placed in a dolls body, i think they plan to change the doll as well like more creepy only thing creepy about a good guy doll is chucky, lets face it had it not been for chucky kids wouldnt be afraid of dolls like they are, anyways remember the first time you watched NOES or Childs play or friday the 13th and couldnt sleep for months without the light on, im hoping somehow they make it so adults cant sleep after chucky returns to he big screen pissed off with vengence like freddy did

bad guy puts his soul in a doll and goes on a killing spree, not exactly scary, also everyone knows the story, same reason why as much as I love freddy, jason, ect  i don't find remakes scary.  I have seen it, we have all seen it, im pretty sure its been referenced in the simpsons and therefor everyone knows it.  Time for some new horror movies.

remakes are a marketing scam tongue

Rogue wrote:

bad guy puts his soul in a doll and goes on a killing spree, not exactly scary, also everyone knows the story, same reason why as much as I love freddy, jason, ect  i don't find remakes scary.  I have seen it, we have all seen it, im pretty sure its been referenced in the simpsons and therefor everyone knows it.  Time for some new horror movies.

remakes are a marketing scam tongue

easy money for cheezy directors

I love the Chucky movies but i didn't like the first one as much as the other one i hope that this one is going to be alot more scary than the first one was, and i hope to god its not in 3-D.

that would be too much
chucky should be left as it is:(

All I gotta say is when the hell is this remake happening it's been awhile since i've heard anything. How hard can it be to secure the rights Don has worked on all the films I need a fucking update.

I think a sequel made with a genuine respect would have been better. I'm not opposed to remakes but the trouble is that they completely erase the franchise.

brianvideas they have no choice but to start over the franchise. The ending for SOC was so bad they went with a remake. Even if they did decide to make another sequel,the only way to make the fans happy. Is to ignore most of the sequels they could continue after Child's Play 2. But Child's Play 3 was the last decent sequel so rather than confuse everyone. A remake sounds better Don Mancini said he'll go with his original vision.That he had for the film,make it scarier, and none of the original kills will be repeated.

Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, same old crap over and over again. roll

I think it won't too far when they'll make a Evil Barbie movie ...In this Halloween..Child's Play meets with Jennifer's Bodytongue