Topic: The Jason series

i know there's supposed to be 13 movies in the series. are there gonna be 2 more or will they leave it at 11?

Re: The Jason series

i hope they leave it at 11, because after 4 (with the exception of 7) they all sucked major ass.

I don't think they ever set out to make 13 movies.. They are working on a remake though.. By of course once again our friends over at Platinum Dunes.. As much as people hate on part 8 I really like it.. Just because its so campy and fun.. All the Jason movies are fun.. I mean even if they are bad. You can still watch them with a load of friends..

i really liked part 8, though. and Freddy vs Jason kept me and my friends in stitches

i love the kills in 8, but the story is stupid.

Well if you thought the story in 8 was stupid then how the hell do you like 7? I mean a chick with telepathic powers who raises her dad up from the bottom of the lake to kill Jason in the end? That sounds kind of lame.. I'm just saying that pretty much all the stories in Jason films are lame.. I don't think anybody watches FD13th films to see how the story will develop..

ya thats true, the story in the first 4 was good though, the rest pretty much sucked major ass. and ya, i watch em for the kills. but the telekenitic powers thing was pretty cool in my opinion.

I think they should be 2 more Friday the 13th films none of this new line jason series but make two more of them and then I hate to say it but remake them the way Zombie is doign it with Halloween, Restarting it I rather have them do it that way

The original "Friday the 13th" series is done.  Who knows, though.  If the remake does well it could possibly spawn a new generation of "FT13" films, much like "Halloween".

Yea you know this is a series that honestly I wouldn't care if they remade it. As long as its still Jason Voorhees and not something dumb like Jason Conner.. That pissed me off when Bay renamed the chainsaw family.

I enjoyed Freddy vs Jason.

The original F13 film is my fave of the series and parts 2, 3, and 4 were good too. I didn't like Jason Takes Manhattan or Jason Goes to Hell.

I lvoe jason hes my favorite slasher the only only that sucked major balls was jason x but still even jason x is watchable

sickf**k wrote:

I lvoe jason hes my favorite slasher the only only that sucked major balls was jason x but still even jason x is watchable

gotta love that ice face kill

i cant see anything after jason x ..fvj2 will prolly be the last we see of jason, and nobody knows for sure when that will come out.

I think thats probably why they are remaking the film.. Jason X kind of puts them in an odd position. I would like to see them revive this franchise.. Jason films are always fun.. I'd like to see some more "80s" style horror flicks in theaters..

I haven't seen Jason Takes Manhattan yet but I have seen the others and I like them all.  I wish they would remake them but keep the original 80's feel.  I mean Friday 13th is one of the ultimate classic slashers.

i personally hate number 5, it was just retarted, and it wasnt even Jason. i am glad that i bought my Friday the 13th collection, From Crystal Lake to Manhattan, even if 5 and 8 arnt very good. i havet seen any of the others. but i with Goon, reviving both jason in a good film and the whole 80's slasher genera would be pretty cool.

yah jason is a legend, a huge orge with more kill counts then freddy or michael. would be sweet if they could do summin with a remake, but its like goon said, jason x really challanges things..so we'll see a FT13 remake most likely..i just wish fvj2 would get rollin..last i heard they were having problems getting rights to michael myers..anyone know anything of fvj2 progress?

I hope they do make three more. I say "three" because I don't class Freddy vs Jason as a proper Friday the 13th movie. It's more of a crossover movie.

I like the first seven Friday the 13th movies. I'm undecided on parts 8 to 10. I saw Freddy vs Jason at the cinema when it came out three years ago, and thought it was ok but nothing great. Saw most of it again on Sunday night when it got it's network TV premiere on Channel 4. Parts of it are good but I still don't like it overall.

I would love to see another Friday the 13th with Jason as the killer but only if they cast Kane Hodder as Jason.  He has been the man behind the mask since Friday the 13th part 7 and has done the best job with the character.  Freddy vs. Jason was good because of Robert Englund's performance as Freddy Krueger.  Ken Kurzinger was not a very believable Jason.  Where was Jason's rage?  Kane was able to create a character that had a certain rhythm to what he did.  Ken was just the Frankenstein monster.  If they do another FvJ movie I hope Michael Myers is in it and that they cast Kane Hodder in the role of Jason.
Viva La Kane Hodder!!!!

"He was just a big old pussy anyway."  - KANE HODDER as the cop in Jason Goes to Hell.