Topic: Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch First Trailer!!!

This looks so KEWL! Can't wait!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asSV8tazSw8[/youtube]

Re: Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch First Trailer!!!

i cannot see the trailer - but i get a boner thinking about this whole idea - and has a sexy aussie girl in it - when i see she is 2 yrs younger than me - i think "fuck, why didnt i find drama cool as a kid?" I could be acting with her - and pleasuring her before and after shooting

dammit!

no one else looking forward to this bad bwoy? (or naughty gerl)

That looks wicked!

Im looking forward to it, I liked 300 and Watchmen. But did zack snyder do the Spirit?

i dunno - he did the stylish dawn of the dead remake - which is what i love him for

Last edited by ZOMBlE (2010-08-05 22:23:50)

Oh ya I forgot that he did the remake.

The Spirit was Frank Millers (300, Sin City) directorial debut. A bit of a love letter to his very good friend and Spirit creator, Will Eisner.

haha wtf!?

i havent seen spirit - why wouldnt miller do sincity?

or did he get hell excited for directing when working with snyder on SinCity?

Frank Miller and Robert Rodrugiez directed sin city.

If the movie has more coherent filming that the trialer- it could be great.  Reminds me of Elektra, hopefully a better plot.  (I'm soooooooooooooooooo sick of the suprer-quick cuts in action scenes.) If you're people can't pull off more than 1/2 second of moving- get a stunt double or a better actor (wair, did I just say better actor?  Are there more than 4 actors that can actually act?)

Looks like another loud, flashy, fatuous action movie to me.  Pass.

andrewg14ak wrote:

true that - i dunno what drugs i was inhailing that morning

ZOMBlE wrote:
andrewg14ak wrote:

true that - i dunno what drugs i was inhailing that morning

lol way to many. big_smile

I'm with LoudLon.  When my wife and I saw the trailer for this one before LET ME IN, I turned to her and said, "Few things in life are certain.  But I can guarantee you that's one movie I will *never* see."

Looks awful, IMO.

I was interested in seeing this, but then I found out it was PG-13. Pass.

Ha! when I saw the trailer this weekend that was my exact thought.  PG13?? Boo.

I wish it was 18a... gore, tits and swearing would make the movie beyond amazing lol. Even so im still really psyched for it. Its also heavily directed towards gamers it seems the pg-13 is understandable for me.

looks like fun. liked 300 and watchman.

Does more and more feel like we live in the age of the trailer spawning the movie.

Like guys sit in a room at a studio and pull random shit out of a hat:
1st guy “ I got WW2 bomber, what’d you get?”
2nd guy “I got hot blonde, how bout you dude?”
3rd guy “I got big f’ing dragon, fu@k it, sounds good lets go make a movie trailer.”

Gotta agree with LoudLon... and the PG thing. It's a teen boy "whank" film all the way. The best thing is the ad campaign. Predict a big opening, decent business internationally, and then the used and ignored DVD in the $2.99 bin 12 months later.... just like all those other abusive CGI, soulless, no-brainer, forgettable comic-gimmick-fantasy super-person movies trying to create an "alternate world" for fanboys to escape in for 90 minutes. Think I'll stick with The Wizard of Oz.

This movie doesn't seem to appeal to me. It's loaded with ridiculous effects, hot chicks and cartoony action so, personally, it seems like it's made specifically to fanboy culture.

I dig Snyder's work -- especially Watchmen, which I absolutely loved despite it taking many liberties with the source comic.  But as I said above, this looks like just so much fluff.

That said, I am looking forward to his Superman flick.  He's promising a Superman who's a brawler, not just a godlike guy who floats around looking all stoic.

I'm kinda getting sick of Snyder. I love his work (though not a big fan of Watchmen) but I didn't know he was doing the new Superman movie. I'd be interesting to see what does.

Yeah, he signed on as the director not long ago.  Warner Bros has Christopher Nolan overseeing the project but he's put his full faith in Snyder.  Check out www.comicbookmovie.com for news & info.