Topic: House

No, not the 1980's films.....this is the film version of Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti's 2006 novel.  A Haunted House psychological thriller that really dives into the fears of the inner body. I personally can't wait, the book was amazing, the characters were genuine...and the sick twisted bastard known as the Tin Man is a very memorable villian. From the still images and the cast (Bill Moseley, Michael Madsen), it excites me even more.  Has anyone else read the book or followed this film?  I found all this info on the Internet Movie Database, I searched the news section here but found nothing....here's the link in case you're interested. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0837796/

Re: House

Well interesting, it's got Bill Moseley in it at least.

Deathbyhighkick WOW what awesome information!!!! House made into a movie:) with Bill Moseley...somebody....somewhere....knows what they are doing!! House was one creepy book.
I have been a very very long time Frank Peretti fan, This Present Darkness is a book that I Have conversations about all the time, its follow up book Piercing The Darkness is great to discuss also.
The movie The Visitation really surprised me, I love the level it hits you and makes you think, besides being creepy.
Everyone should read MONSTER, I was reading it the same time as a freind and wow was it fun to discuss, plus the book has a map to follow the monster's "path" This book starts out from the get go and has you, your not going to put it down till you "devour"
it.
I gotta go dig out my "House" book and read it again:)
They can bring to life the tin man??? bolting my door...oh wait...that won't work!!!
thanks for the link!!

I wish that a novel by Bentley Little would be made into a movie someday cause that guy can write some creepy stuff.

Both, the book and the film, sound interesting.  Especially, with Bill Moseley.

They just made another movie based on his book Thr3e. I'm pretty sure it just came out on DVD I didn't check it out thought since I'm not a huge fan of Christian fiction hmm

thedeadshallrule wrote:

Deathbyhighkick WOW what awesome information!!!! House made into a movie:) with Bill Moseley...somebody....somewhere....knows what they are doing!! House was one creepy book.
I have been a very very long time Frank Peretti fan, This Present Darkness is a book that I Have conversations about all the time, its follow up book Piercing The Darkness is great to discuss also.
The movie The Visitation really surprised me, I love the level it hits you and makes you think, besides being creepy.
Everyone should read MONSTER, I was reading it the same time as a freind and wow was it fun to discuss, plus the book has a map to follow the monster's "path" This book starts out from the get go and has you, your not going to put it down till you "devour"
it.
I gotta go dig out my "House" book and read it again:)
They can bring to life the tin man??? bolting my door...oh wait...that won't work!!!
thanks for the link!!

I haven't met too many others that have read House, but it's nice to see someone has.  The book rocked people, I flew through it, completely interesting...never a dull chapter.  Pick this book up, I don't think you'll regret it.

RIP wrote:

I wish that a novel by Bentley Little would be made into a movie someday cause that guy can write some creepy stuff.

I'm not a big fan of his stuff, but I believe that one of his short stories was the basis of a MoH episode.  The Washingtonians if I recall correctly.

I'm personally waiting for something that Robert R. McCammon wrote to be made into a movie.

Last edited by DrChannard (2007-04-30 00:10:34)

DrChannard wrote:
RIP wrote:

I'm not a big fan of his stuff, but I believe that one of his short stories was the basis of a MoH episode.  The Washingtonians if I recall correctly.

I'm personally waiting for something that Robert R. McCammon wrote to be made into a movie.

Mystery Walk /Robert R. Mcammon would make a great movie
I wish Twilight Eyes by Koontz would get the star treatment.

skfan wrote:

They just made another movie based on his book Thr3e. I'm pretty sure it just came out on DVD I didn't check it out thought since I'm not a huge fan of Christian fiction hmm

Likewise.

I most definatly will check out the book.

I'll be checking this book out sounds very interesting I haven't read a good book in a long time..

RaVeN71806 wrote:

I'll be checking this book out sounds very interesting I haven't read a good book in a long time..

You can find it at Barnes and Noble for $15.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
RaVeN71806 wrote:

ok kool I also found it at my local library but I have to wait for it to be brought back...

RaVeN71806 wrote:
DeathbyHighKick wrote:
RaVeN71806 wrote:

ok kool I also found it at my local library but I have to wait for it to be brought back...

Enjoy reading it, let us know what you think.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
RaVeN71806 wrote:
DeathbyHighKick wrote:

Enjoy reading it, let us know what you think.

I will deffently wink

I read the book and see the trailer of the movie I can't wait to see that movie:D

im gonna have to check out this book as well, sounds really interesting. im gonna want to read the book before i watch the movie.