Topic: House

No, not the 1980's films.....this is the film version of Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti's 2006 novel.  A Haunted House psychological thriller that really dives into the fears of the inner body. I personally can't wait, the book was amazing, the characters were genuine...and the sick twisted bastard known as the Tin Man is a very memorable villian. From the still images and the cast (Bill Moseley, Michael Madsen), it excites me even more.  Has anyone else read the book or followed this film?  I found all this info on the Internet Movie Database, I searched the news section here but found nothing....here's the link in case you're interested. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0837796/

Re: House

Well interesting, it's got Bill Moseley in it at least.

Re: House

Deathbyhighkick WOW what awesome information!!!! House made into a movie:) with Bill Moseley...somebody....somewhere....knows what they are doing!! House was one creepy book.
I have been a very very long time Frank Peretti fan, This Present Darkness is a book that I Have conversations about all the time, its follow up book Piercing The Darkness is great to discuss also.
The movie The Visitation really surprised me, I love the level it hits you and makes you think, besides being creepy.
Everyone should read MONSTER, I was reading it the same time as a freind and wow was it fun to discuss, plus the book has a map to follow the monster's "path" This book starts out from the get go and has you, your not going to put it down till you "devour"
it.
I gotta go dig out my "House" book and read it again:)
They can bring to life the tin man??? bolting my door...oh wait...that won't work!!!
thanks for the link!!

Re: House

I wish that a novel by Bentley Little would be made into a movie someday cause that guy can write some creepy stuff.

Re: House

Both, the book and the film, sound interesting.  Especially, with Bill Moseley.

Re: House

They just made another movie based on his book Thr3e. I'm pretty sure it just came out on DVD I didn't check it out thought since I'm not a huge fan of Christian fiction hmm

Re: House

thedeadshallrule wrote:

Deathbyhighkick WOW what awesome information!!!! House made into a movie:) with Bill Moseley...somebody....somewhere....knows what they are doing!! House was one creepy book.
I have been a very very long time Frank Peretti fan, This Present Darkness is a book that I Have conversations about all the time, its follow up book Piercing The Darkness is great to discuss also.
The movie The Visitation really surprised me, I love the level it hits you and makes you think, besides being creepy.
Everyone should read MONSTER, I was reading it the same time as a freind and wow was it fun to discuss, plus the book has a map to follow the monster's "path" This book starts out from the get go and has you, your not going to put it down till you "devour"
it.
I gotta go dig out my "House" book and read it again:)
They can bring to life the tin man??? bolting my door...oh wait...that won't work!!!
thanks for the link!!

I haven't met too many others that have read House, but it's nice to see someone has.  The book rocked people, I flew through it, completely interesting...never a dull chapter.  Pick this book up, I don't think you'll regret it.

Re: House

RIP wrote:

I wish that a novel by Bentley Little would be made into a movie someday cause that guy can write some creepy stuff.

I'm not a big fan of his stuff, but I believe that one of his short stories was the basis of a MoH episode.  The Washingtonians if I recall correctly.

I'm personally waiting for something that Robert R. McCammon wrote to be made into a movie.

Last edited by DrChannard (2007-04-30 00:10:34)

Re: House

DrChannard wrote:
RIP wrote:

I wish that a novel by Bentley Little would be made into a movie someday cause that guy can write some creepy stuff.

I'm not a big fan of his stuff, but I believe that one of his short stories was the basis of a MoH episode.  The Washingtonians if I recall correctly.

I'm personally waiting for something that Robert R. McCammon wrote to be made into a movie.

Mystery Walk /Robert R. Mcammon would make a great movie
I wish Twilight Eyes by Koontz would get the star treatment.

Re: House

skfan wrote:

They just made another movie based on his book Thr3e. I'm pretty sure it just came out on DVD I didn't check it out thought since I'm not a huge fan of Christian fiction hmm

Likewise.

Re: House

I most definatly will check out the book.

Re: House

I'll be checking this book out sounds very interesting I haven't read a good book in a long time..

Re: House

RaVeN71806 wrote:

I'll be checking this book out sounds very interesting I haven't read a good book in a long time..

You can find it at Barnes and Noble for $15.

Re: House

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
RaVeN71806 wrote:

I'll be checking this book out sounds very interesting I haven't read a good book in a long time..

You can find it at Barnes and Noble for $15.

ok kool I also found it at my local library but I have to wait for it to be brought back...

Re: House

RaVeN71806 wrote:
DeathbyHighKick wrote:
RaVeN71806 wrote:

I'll be checking this book out sounds very interesting I haven't read a good book in a long time..

You can find it at Barnes and Noble for $15.

ok kool I also found it at my local library but I have to wait for it to be brought back...

Enjoy reading it, let us know what you think.

Re: House

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
RaVeN71806 wrote:
DeathbyHighKick wrote:

You can find it at Barnes and Noble for $15.

ok kool I also found it at my local library but I have to wait for it to be brought back...

Enjoy reading it, let us know what you think.

I will deffently wink

17

Re: House

I read the book and see the trailer of the movie I can't wait to see that movie:D

Re: House

im gonna have to check out this book as well, sounds really interesting. im gonna want to read the book before i watch the movie.