Re: Introduce Yourself

I'm a horror-geek from Norway and stumbled on this site to my great interest. I saw Jaws as a kid, and it's been my favourite movie ever since. But I guess after I saw Dawn of the Dead I really knew what type of movies I liked the best!
Now I watch almost anything that has to do with horror and anything else too!

Cheers smile

Norway?  Well, you definatly threw me a curve ball.

Twas also Dawn of the Dead that got me into horror.  smile

welcome Texas-pit, let us know allllllll about Norway's horror:)

welcome texas pit smile Represent Norway proudly!

I remember reading about a lot of the Norwegian death metal bands in an article a while back.  I forget the name, but the singer of one band would take deep breaths from a bag with a dead bird in it before every show.  That stuck with me ever since, so I guess it worked.  Go Norway!  smile

Haha, its also funny that you mention that.  I know a lot of death metal and Grindcore bands from Norway as well.  However, I did not know that they take deep breaths from bags with dead birds in them before every show.  That is just wierd.  I guess ya' learn something new everyday.

Thanks a lot guys!
Yes thats true, Black Metal is a big export article here in Norway. Bands like Dimmu Borgir, Satyricon, Mayhem, Enslaved and Gorgoroth are all big over seas and in Europe, but not that big at home. More of an underground-culture here.

I can say I have never heard of them.  Outside of British bands like Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Led Zepplin, Clapton, the Stones, and Queen the only Euro bands I really listen to Nightwish, Lordi, and Apocalyptica.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-09-22 06:02:08)

LORDI ROCKS:)

hey guys just registered on this board, im from Toronto, Canada and love asian horror films! american horror films just dont scare me anymore tongue

We really do need to step it up down here in W-land (retch). 

What would you consider the scariest film you've seen?

Welcome to the site DFX you and I are in the same neck of the woods smile

Welcome to the site DFX.Now go have yourself a blast.

Hey dfx.

Welcome dfx and ya tell us a good scary movie

Im from NY registered yesterday or the day before. anything horror filled i find interesting. that being the reason i joined this site. ive also been on MO for 2 years and been pretty active there lately.

Hey.  Welcome

Yea welcome to the Dark Side Vander!

I am a huge fan of horror movies and I also watch Godzilla movies.  I love video games as I have a GameCube, N64, Sega Genesis, and my brother has a Game Boy Advance.  I enjoy country music, but I am a Foreigner fan.  I enjoy reading and I like to write my own stories.  I am currently a freshman in college.  That is all I can think of for now.

I've been on this board for a few days now but just officially...

I've been a horror fan since about 13 when I saw the original Dawn of the Dead. I'm currently in Vancouver Canada but hopefully relocating soon...
Love Horror movies and books, video games-PC and Xbox, music, BIG DENVER BRONCOS FAN, The Ramones are favorites of mine as well....

Thanks to all the folks on here for introducing me to some new stuff as well, such as F. Paul Wilson..(just picked up a copy of Soft and others...

Love the board and looking forward to chatting with everyone....

Thanks

Welcome vorwald2006 and killjoy.. I hope you guys keep coming back and enjoy the boards!

As you probably can guess big horror fan lol, not much to say about myself except I'm a secratary for one of the school district in PA, I have a 2 month old daughter named Raven, two dogs that our pugs named zeus and colby...and with my free time whenever that really happeneds which is never lol I draw..I just found this site today and thrilled I did...

Last edited by RaVeN71806 (2006-09-25 14:13:05)

welcome to the site raven, tell a friend or 40 smile And win some free stuff on me.... its hard all you gotta do is be a member...  i know.. rough smile

lol..I'm already on it boss..;)

*cue evil theme music* smile