Topic: Paranormal Activity 2 Trailer Thoughts?

Here it is guys, bin out for awhile but just wanted to give my thoughts on it. I myself really enjoyed paranormal activity 1, if u yourself have ever had a paranormal experience its going to creep u the fuck out way more then someone who doesnt believe in other entities.
Which I myself have had a paranormal experience so im very attracted to this concept. and the blair witch style camera makes it feel more realistic aswell. I can understand why alot of people hated the first and thats cool if your not into it but ever since i saw blair witch ive bin obsessed with this home video style ghost stories. If i was to give a rating on the first PA id probably give it a 7.5/10. SO my thoughts on the PA 2 trailer. Well didnt show much but the new area and seeing a kid involved made it pretty chilling. I really cant wait to see how they expanded the story and how many people will die. Im for sure seeing this in theatres and hoping for the best. I just hope that we see some new paranormal things in this flick that wasnt shown in pa 1. Well watch the trailer make up your own mind on it and leave a comment with your thoughts if you want to. Hope everyones doing well.

MJK

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07XbSk7Rjt4[/youtube]

Last edited by Michael_Jason_Krueger (2010-07-07 20:23:35)

Re: Paranormal Activity 2 Trailer Thoughts?

My thoughts are the first movie was nothing more then an over hyped, mediocre indie horror and I could care less about the sequel that a studio rushed together in attempts to cash in on the first films mega-popularity.

I agree paranormal activity was overhyped nothing special give me House of the devil any day over P.A. and the sequel from what i seen seems to be just tryin to cash in on hype and i think it will be horrible and i think Saw 7 is gonna destroy it in theatre and i dont even like Saw well the first one was good

I hated the first one so a second just seems silly

Me likey. Me support sequel.

house of the devil and PA both boring time waster films - got nothin on the back to the future films

I thought the first was amazing and by the looks of the trailer this one will be too.

jmh314 wrote:

My thoughts are the first movie was nothing more then an over hyped, mediocre indie horror and I could care less about the sequel that a studio rushed together in attempts to cash in on the first films mega-popularity.

aint all sequels cash grabs? look at friday the 13th part 2. that was made to get money off the success of the first and part 2 happens to be one of the best in the series. ill admit pa 2 is a cash grab but i like paranormal movies so ill waste a few bucks to go see it.

Last edited by Michael_Jason_Krueger (2010-07-08 21:31:51)

I wish the trailer showed more and that girl figure in the doorway, I have a feeling that's not a ghost, just whoever is in the house possessed by the ghost.  If it is a ghost I'll be very mad that the first movie, it was a shadow on the wall and now it has human form, we'll see.  I enjoyed the first one very much and will probably have the same feeling towards thsi one

It might do good. The trailer doesn't show much, but it is just a teaser.

I enjoyed the first one, one of my fav movies. Does any one knows when PA 2 is coming out?

According to IMDB, October 22 of this year.

Same day as Saw 7

I don't think this one looks too great but I'll probably end up watching it.
I hate how everyone uses the handycam or the stupid shaky cam shit. I get it you're artsy and inventive but you're making me sick. Eff! Rant over. smile

SBones wrote:

I don't think this one looks too great but I'll probably end up watching it.
I hate how everyone uses the handycam or the stupid shaky cam shit. I get it you're artsy and inventive but you're making me sick. Eff! Rant over. smile

Nah, I'm with you.The hand-held cam technique is fine if you don't go all "Cloverfield" with it.  A little shake goes a long way.  A lot of shake goes straight into the toilet.  A true example of "less is more."

The two main characters in the first PA,in my opinion were completey annoying.
The male was beyond irritating,and the female acted more whiney than scarred.
As for the alleged scary parts,I've seen more frightening things getting undressed for the shower.

So I don't hold out any high hopes for the second,it will probably succeed on hype alone like the first.

Last edited by hellrat (2010-08-22 02:55:20)

Went onto the may site the trailer ls a bit diffrent
http://www.paranormalmovie.com/

i wasn't a huge fan of the first one,but i'll still give this one a go when it comes out.

the trailer makes it look really good...........but we've all been tricked by trailers before so i'm slightly wary hmm

BASSI wrote:

Went onto the may site the trailer ls a bit diffrent
http://www.paranormalmovie.com/

YOU NEED TO SEE THIS

When the tailer is playing before the trailer ends,

YOU NEED PLAY THE TRAILER BACKWARDS!