Topic: Wes Craven's My Soul To Take Trailer

Wes Craven's new film My Soul to Take, formerly called 25/8, is set to hit theaters this October.  With that date right around the corner, it's about time they popped a trailer out for this film and they have done just that.  The trailer pr...

Read More : Wes Craven's My Soul To Take Trailer

Re: Wes Craven's My Soul To Take Trailer

looks like another promising teen flick - i could watch it with my non horror loving girlfriend

nice n dark with lots of atmosphere, looks good

Looks very average to me. I still want to see it of course because I love slashers, but to me even the camera movement and angles just look a bit amateurish...maybe just in the trailer.
I am disappointed though because at least the average slashers like MBV 3D, that have come out recently had cool trailers and I did really like MBV, but this one has an average trailer and I fear the movie might come out a little less than average. I guess I will have to see.
However, unfrotunately (for this film) if I Spit on Your Gave gets a release here on that day then I am going to chose that over this.
Still planning to see this however, can't pass on a slasher, especailly R rated.

Last edited by Vamp_Slayer (2010-08-18 06:59:47)

**sigh*  Wes, Wes, Wes (still stuck in the 80's) Craven,  for Godssake man, haven't you seen enough movies in your lifetime to know by now that the quickest way to kill a movie is by sacrificing an beautifully composed score in lieu of a cheesy loud obnoxious metal soundtrack....... "Dream Warriors" anyone? I grew up in the late 70's and 80's on metal, but I kinda grew out of that (if it doesn't have metal in it, it sucks) thing years ago.
Unless your trying to suck in the pre-teen tween crowd and don't care that most adults that were into it grew out of it too...

Wes, your gonna wind up like George Romero where he's been making the same damn movie for like 35 years... at least he leaves the heavy music out for the most part...

And what the fuck is with every scene being lit like a bad made for TV movie, really clean with no film grit...another cheesy 80's staple... you can create a very scary sinister mood with nothing more than some great lighting and a great orchestrated score.... it's 2010 Wes.... and believe it or not there are some great horror Directors out there that do "get it" many of them European. You should really check out the competition more often and attempt to bring you shit up into the 21 century... For the last time, ... new metal is not scary, not even remotely scary, leave the music end of your movies up to someone that is up to the task.... I'd love to watch one of your movies again with the sound up and the subtitles off.

wow, that was harsh, but I couldn't help myself.

its a total popcorn film

I believe I have already seen this movie. When I seen it it was called Nightmare on Elm Street. That is all this movie really is. It is not exactly the same but from the trailer it has a lot of the same elements. I think its about time Wes just stops making movies all together. He hasn't made a good movie in more than a decade. Just give up already.

What I got from the trailer: I would want to see this film in the theater yes, It "Looks" like it might be the start of a new slasher set of movies, Love the tunage and YES I trust Wes Craven, all in all I am not crawling the walls to see it, but look forward to it and will review it.

I'm a sucker for anything Wes does, and this is his first movie he has written and directed since New Nightmare, so I am excited. Although I am majorly pissed off that it has been post converted to 3-D, in which I do not see the point at all. I just want a straight up Craven movie!

Anyway if you wanna see more info pictures and stuff head on over here http://www.iamrogue.com/mysoultotake

Thanks deth big_smile

No worries dude! Just sharing the love big_smile

Wes is back!
I'm so fucking excited, I love Wes Craven.
I was a bit leery of My Soul To Take at first, but since it's rated R and it looks at least half way decent I'm fucking stocked.

I'm surprised that he got a R rating, seeing as it is a teen slasher.
But seeing as he did it fucking rocks!

I'll be counting down the days.

Looks alright, but it does borrow a few similar elements from A Nightmare on Elm Street which sort of has me worried. But I'll probably see it anyway.

That dose look really good smile
I forgot this was in 3D

Can't wait to see this one. Love Wes Craven and I love slashers.

what happen to creating somthing new. starting to think he's got no more tricks in his bag.

with this film - i dont think he gives a shit about adults or horror fan geeks - he just see's $ to be made of another generation of young punks - have a cry to your mum :'(