Topic: On The Lot

Starts tonight!  big_smile

Re: On The Lot

Never heard of it. What  is it a series?

Yea its kind of like American Idol only with directors making short films.. I just missed the show.. It aired at 9pm on FOX..

I can't wait...

Shit... I forgot about time zones.  Oh well, I still got 2 hours before it airs over here.  Can't wait.

bottom line is that it airs after American Idol...

Thanks Goon, it sounds interesting. yeah Tim, you told us living in the east after it ended.  tongue I'll try to catch the next episode.

My bad, guys.  It was an honest mistake.  big_smile

I know, I was just kiddin with ya

I just watched the first episode.  Great show.  The contestents had to pitch a feature length film idea, which eliminated about 15 people out of the large batch of 50.  Then, with 3 other people of their choice, they were to write, direct, and edit a 2 minute short film in 24 hours.  Wow.  I can't wait for the next episode.

Yes, it's much better than "American Idol".

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I just watched the first episode.  Great show.  The contestents had to pitch a feature length film idea, which eliminated about 15 people out of the large batch of 50.  Then, with 3 other people of their choice, they were to write, direct, and edit a 2 minute short film in 24 hours.  Wow.  I can't wait for the next episode.

Yes, it's much better than "American Idol".

I agree Tim, great show...I really like some of the directors, and I've already learned to dislike a few of them.  Seeing this really motivates me to continue to write my screenplays, hopefully I can be in H-Wood someday.....I can't wait for next week.

Do you have any idea what the scheduling is gonna be?  Like, when it airs?

Yeah, this show really motivated me, too.  One day...

I think it's gonna be every tuesday....it'll probably start at 8pm, taking over for American Idol.

Just watched the second episode and thought I should clue everyone in as to what happened.  Basically, everyone completed their two minute films, in groups of three.  Some were good, others were bad.  Then, the elimination came and a good amount of directors were eliminated.  Lastly, and this is where it starts to get good, each director is to direct a one page script, with a professional cast and crew, sound stage, and advanced equipment.  Unfortunately, we don't get to see how that turns out until next tuesday.  Can't wait.

Did anyone catch the episode last night?  They had Wes Craven as a special guest judge, which was a great call, imo.  He actually knows how to critique film as oppossed to Michael Bay (last week's special guest judge) or DJ Caruso (2 week's ago special guest judge).  Next week they're working on horror shorts, so be sure to catch the next episode, next Tuesday night at 8:00 SPT.

anyone catch this todays episode?? it was horror week and i missed it Im sooo depressed im waiting for them to pop up on theie site but its not happening yet

sickf**k wrote:

anyone catch this todays episode?? it was horror week and i missed it Im sooo depressed im waiting for them to pop up on theie site but its not happening yet

I actually watched it tonight and it was awesome and interesting as hell. Some of it was eh and some were pretty decent. Overall it was entertaining as hell.

sickf**k wrote:

SHIT!  I missed it.  sad