Topic: Silent Hill 2.

The last info I could find on this movie was released May 5th of this year.
It's listed as being in Pre-production.
To be released sometime next year.

Re: Silent Hill 2.

I really want to know if it will be a movie about Heather and if so, who will play her!

I would like to see this film come around.  I love the game and liked the 1st movie.

I feel as though I will be in my own camp by saying that I have no idea why people like Silent Hill. Someone explain it to me... because to me, the whole of the games felt like I was just playing the boring parts of a Resident Evil game.

I literally had to try four times before I could finish watching the first movie. It just seemed so bland and boring to me...

Am I missing something about Silent Hill?

For me, the games were eerie and atmospheric especially S.H 2. Not knowing what was gonna come skuttling out of the mist to try and gnaw your leg off or vomit acid all over you lol
One minute the wordls seems quite normal and the next everything has changed.......even the texture of the walls seemed more organic and you knew...........pyramidhead was on the prowl!

As for the first Silent Hill movie.........i didn't really care for it when it first came out, but after a few more views it grew on me.

I'd be interested to know what route they're going to take the plot down in the sequel.

Never played the game and I don't intend to. But the movie was good.

Silent Hill does grow on you after a few views ^^^ I saw it in the theatre and liked it. TOTALLY LOVE the games. I just made a Silent Hill nurse doll with a scalpel and huge syringe for my BFF who just got pinned as a medical assistant .
Thanks Helly I want to see another Silent Hill they can go even more mind tripping and freaky, those amusement park rabbits were creepy..

thedeadshallrule wrote:

Silent Hill does grow on you after a few views ^^^ I saw it in the theatre and liked it. TOTALLY LOVE the games. I just made a Silent Hill nurse doll with a scalpel and huge syringe for my BFF who just got pinned as a medical assistant .
Thanks Helly I want to see another Silent Hill they can go even more mind tripping and freaky, those amusement park rabbits were creepy..

have you got any pics of your nurse doll?? i'd love to see her wink

damn.....i'd forgotten all about those scary bunnies!! the amusement park was creepy as hell lol

http://a.imageshack.us/img268/2177/silenthill3shot.jpg

^^^^^crrreeeppppyyyyy

Robbie the rabbit!!

The games are wicked cause Pyramid Head gets his rape on ha ha ha

Silent Hill 2? Well that should be awesome.

The latest news,about two weeks ago is that the movie is in limbo due to Roger Avary's legal troubles.

Great neutral

I'm totally down for a Silent Hill 2.  I've played the first two games and saw the movie, which I thought was hugely underrated.  Roger Avary pulled all the best things from the game and put them in his script. 

Alice Krige made an effective lead villain, I love Radha Mitchell unconditionally, Sean Bean's part may have been a throwaway but if not for his sub-plot, there would have been no Kim Coates, who I've always been a fan of (check him out as Tig on Sons of Anarchy -- very good actor, deserves more attention).  Plus Red Pyramid -- a great, intimidating presence, loved the bit where he rips a woman's skin off in one deft move.

Plus the visuals were very well done.  The vibrant color pallet, the atmospheric city of ash and rot.  The only thing I'll complain about is the ending, the ambiguity of which wasn't totally satisfying.  But I found very little else to complain about.

I'm a big silent hill fan but i didn't like the movie i wish they would just stick with making games then making movies.

SO STOKED for SH2.  I may be one of the few that truly enjoyed the first film. I thought Radha Mitchell did a fantastic job. I just hope they don't try to max out the 3-D aspect at the cost of a decent plot/storyline....that seems to be the way with most 3d horror flicks these days....with the exception of My Bloody Valentine.

From UHM.com 1day 7hrs ago.
    RELEASE DATE

CURRENT STATUS
    Pre-Production

LANGUAGE
    English

PRODUCED BY
    Davis-Films
    Sony Pictures
    KONAMI
    DIRECTED BY
    Michael J. Bassett

WRITTEN BY
    Michael J. Bassett
# Filming is aimed to begin in the Toronto area sometime winter 2010.
# Writer/director Michael J. Bassett also worked on Deathwatch, Wilderness, and Solomon Kane.
# It's said that this will be in 3D.
# The sequel to the successful game-to-film adaptation

There is a synopsis on the site but I left it off so as not to spoil it for anyone.

So maybe we'll find out what was up at the end of the first one?

The way the first one ended it definitely smelled of a sequel.

Red Sonja Movie Photos

http://blog.80millionmoviesfree.com/in- … vie-photos

LoudLon wrote:

I'm totally down for a Silent Hill 2.  I've played the first two games and saw the movie, which I thought was hugely underrated.  Roger Avary pulled all the best things from the game and put them in his script. 

Alice Krige made an effective lead villain, I love Radha Mitchell unconditionally, Sean Bean's part may have been a throwaway but if not for his sub-plot, there would have been no Kim Coates, who I've always been a fan of (check him out as Tig on Sons of Anarchy -- very good actor, deserves more attention).  Plus Red Pyramid -- a great, intimidating presence, loved the bit where he rips a woman's skin off in one deft move.

Plus the visuals were very well done.  The vibrant color pallet, the atmospheric city of ash and rot.  The only thing I'll complain about is the ending, the ambiguity of which wasn't totally satisfying.  But I found very little else to complain about.

You didn't mention Laurie Holden as Cybil Bennett (blonde cop). She also did a great work in The Mist & The Walking Dead!

Yes, it's true, I forgot to mention Holden and her work here. 

But I did mention her, this flick and The Mist in the Walking Dead thread in the Horror on TV forum to make up for it. smile

I agree with Lon on his views of the movie..

Im hoping that the sequel will take place in the abandoned amusement park. That was a very creepy setting for the game and Im sure it would be equally creepy in a movie.  I love the game in how you feel you are using a flashlight-walking through a very rotted and haunted place, A place where its not ghostsm but strange, surreal, almost Lovercraftian beings lie in wait.    you just never know what will pop out next

MistressOf Horror wrote:

Im hoping that the sequel will take place in the abandoned amusement park. That was a very creepy setting for the game and Im sure it would be equally creepy in a movie.  I love the game in how you feel you are using a flashlight-walking through a very rotted and haunted place, A place where its not ghostsm but strange, surreal, almost Lovercraftian beings lie in wait.    you just never know what will pop out next

Hope you're right! Why don't Konami produce the sequel,
maybe then we wiil see something really scary?

MistressOf Horror wrote:

Id like to see something like this :

http://ruinsds.sakura.ne.jp/t_rando/t_rando06.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/silent/images/1/1a/AmusementPark.jpg

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100511100005/silent/images/thumb/0/01/LakesideReal.PNG/320px-LakesideReal.PNG

http://journalofanotaku.com/sh3/09.jpg

http://attachments.conceptart.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=405956&d=1215217273