Topic: The Colony (TV)

Anyone watching Season 2 of The Colony on The History Channel?  I watched all of season one, it was pretty interesting even if some of it was staged.  Any thoughts on season 2 if anyones seen it?

Re: The Colony (TV)

what is it about?

colony of ants?

It's a "Reality" tv show with a group of strangers, all with different real life jobs/backgrounds, forced to survive together in a warehouse after the "apocalypse"

sounds cool - is it a metaphrocal type thing? or is it entertainment fiction pretending to be reality tv like that Dead Set??

Its more towards reality than fiction.  But the people they pick are a little too smart and build solar panels out of garbage and stuff.  Dont know if you would get this show down under but its interesting, worth checking out.

so it would be perfect for learning some survival skills in case of one of the many apocalyptic scenarios

ZOMBlE wrote:

so it would be perfect for learning some survival skills in case of one of the many apocalyptic scenarios

Yeah exactly.  They get dropped off in a "safe zone" which is like 4 city blocks and there are supplies left scattered so they have to scavenge for supplies and things and find their own ways to use those supplies the right way.  During the show, the have someone from I believe FEMA or Homeland Security doing some narrating and talking about survival techniques and the important things that are needed to ensure safe survival and stuff.  It's interesting.

thats sounds rad - sort of like the Day By Day - beyond exile - though it goes into more military equipment n supplies

i has to hunt a copy of The Colony

i want to be prepared when the zombi virus is unleashed

Awesome, season one was cool. I lost interest a bit with all the engineering stuff, enjoyed most of the show. Will have to check out some se2 eps

I find it a bit too manufactured , i mean , all the "volunteers" seemed to be macguyver trained , super geniuses.