Topic: Laid To Rest Sequel?

I loved the first Laid To Rest i found it quite entertaining and i read somewhere that they were planning 2 sequels to it but i havent heard anything else since, does anyone know if there is actually going to be a sequel? thanks big_smile

Re: Laid To Rest Sequel?

I also love the first. I'm pretty sure there is going to be a sequel, and a prequel. Not sure when there coming though.

Do a news search on this site, there have been some articles regarding the sequels, but nothing recently.  In the meantime, if you have not seen it, check out Robert Hall's first film Lightning Bug.  Not really horror per say, but a good little film, especially considering it was his directorial debute.

I could see a prequel, it'll be interesting how they pull of a sequel. But Hall is making a movie called Old Scratch right now it looks pretty interesting

I Looooooovvvvvveeeee Laid To Rest, I hope they make a sequel or a prequel and use the same special effects group tongue

the effects were good indeed

as long as they dont run with the whole "retarded main female character who cant remember shit or act"

it was annoying - because the other actors pretty good and she was just dumb

I thought it was a pretty shallow film, but damned if that wasn't some of the best OTT FX work I'd seen in some time.  They hinted at some back story which intrigued me but never fleshed it out - maybe they would in a sequel.  If so I'm on board.

^That is probably due to the fact that Robert Hall was an FX guy before he began directing.

I have yet to see the first movie

I agree with deadhorse, other than the effects i thought this movie was not great but not terrible either i guess.