Re: Snakes on a Plane a Bunch of Hype?

secretly they didn't want the bad reviews.....publicly they want everyone to go see it just to see why they kept it under wraps

Snakes on a Plane turns out DID get #1 spot in the box office this weekend. Not to see if it plummets as I predicted as well http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_9714.html

All I can say is, I didnt predict that...

closedcaptioning wrote:

secretly they didn't want the bad reviews.....publicly they want everyone to go see it just to see why they kept it under wraps

Actually its been getting mostly positive reviews.. I mean even Joel Siegel liked the film. I think it just came down to over exposure. Thats never really happened to a movie before. But I think Snakes On A Plane is the first to really suffer from it..

I've seen it and it is far less cheesy than I expected. Really a good movie that will be missed out by people because they refuse to see it for some stupid reason like the title is just stupid or they think its too overhyped.. Those aren't good reasons to miss a good movie..

TiM you gotta see this movie man.

yeah the reviews have been pretty good so far but lets see if the 2nd part of my prediciton comes true now smile

I'm tryin', I'm tryin', schedules pretty packed right at this moment.  I will see it before it hits DVD dont you worry bout that.

Any reviews on this site for it?  I mean I could go check, but laziness got the better of me.

golden simatar did a truly fantastic review of snakes on a plane I jsut had to share with you all http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_2159.htm seriously one of the best reviews I have read all week.

Actually Mike thats the Snakes On A TRAIN review.. The movie Asylum made to coincide with Snakes On A Plane.. Horrible movie. I fell asleep during it and didn't bother to watch the part I slept through..

oh my dear lord am i a bad reader... well anyways fantastic review.

Thanks Meh smile

But, look on the brightside.  You have proven that people can be easily confused by Asylum's movies.

haha have i ever smile

Indeed you have.  If you could fall victim...anyone can.  *lightening, dramatic music*

I thought Snakes On A Plain was a fun movie to watch on the big screen, Super CGI snakes! can't get enouigh of em!, I thought that it was so much better than that heap of crap we got two years back Anaconda 2 AKA Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid god i hated that movie.

I liked the first Anaconda film.  The second one, like you said Norrock, was a pice of crap IMO as well.  I dont know why they tried to add a sequel onto snake film.  For some reason, it just doesnt seem to fit well.

Still havent seen Snakes on a Plane and still ashamed...

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-21 22:34:06)

You should be TiM tongue

The first Anaconda..cheesy fun imo nothing more nothing less and the second was crap.

Yes it was overhyped.  What's interesting though is that it's the first film to gain a cult following before anyone saw it thanks to the internet.  Internet fans even helped to change the content of the film before it's release.

And hearing the words, "Bitch, get off my dick!"  was enough for me.

I went into Snakes on a Plane and got exactly what I expected. The movie was overhyped, cliched, cheesy, but overall an enjoyable film. If you went to see Snakes on a Plane in hopes of seeing a masterpiece, then you were no doubt dissapointed.