Topic: Nightmare on Elm Street Remake DVD Date / Specs

Today from DVDActive comes word that Warner Brothers will release the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street on DVD on October 5th. The extras will include 'Freddy Krueger Reborn featurette' on the DVD. The Bluray release will also include dleted scenes a...

Read More : Nightmare on Elm Street Remake DVD Date / Specs

Re: Nightmare on Elm Street Remake DVD Date / Specs

Day 1 Blu-ray buy for me big_smile

I thought the movie sucked but i'll buy it cause i need to keep the collection complete

I'll def. be buying this one.

The movie was great and I will be buying it the first day. It just sucks that they are screwing over us DVD buyers. Very few even buy Blu Ray so why give them all the special features?

I cannot WAIT to buy this one.  Come out the day I get back from my honeymoon, welcome back home!!!

This film bored the hell outta me, definitely not on my buy list.

Loved it, cant wait.

AWESOME!!! I can hardly wait to buy the movie!! big_smile

Still haven't seen it! Been unsure about the remake since the first trailer hit. Pretty much plan on renting it and then depending on how much I like it, picking it up on bluray.

by far one of the worst remakes around, i wouldnt accept this dvd even if it was a gift

I wouldnt say it was the worst horror remakes.

Huge disappointment for me.  I'm not typically one to get excited about a remake but with the talent involved (Clancy Brown, Jackie Early Hailey) I couldn't wait.  Took my niece to see it opening weekend and walked out feeling like I'd been slapped in the face.  There's more than burn make up and a razor glove to a good NOES flick, and this half-balled "relaunch" didn't strive for anything more than a good opening weekend based on title recognition. 

It looked and felt just like TCM '03 or F13 '09 -- each of which were in my opinion the worst theatrical horror releases of their respective release years -- and now here comes this NOES remake to stake that same claim on 2010.

I was going to buy the DVD, but since they are playing favorites with Blu-Ray once again (are they THAT desperate for sales), I think that I'll just download the fucker and not give the studio one penny!  -_-

I thought it was terrible but I will probably netflix it and give it another shot.

It was too mediocre for me to be dropping $15-20 on it.  Maybe one day when it's in the $5 bin I'll give it another try.

I liked it a lot. Thought it was really good. Will be adding this to my collection.

Thought the TCM remake was awesome and the Friday remake was probably the 5th best movie in the Friday franchise. I couldn't disagree with you more, LoudLon.

Did all you guys who say you loved it see the original first or not? Just curious as I thought this was a horrible bastardization of a true horror classic. I admit I did like the back story a little but why did the one kid see that? Why did Freddy show him that as opposed to trying to kill him? Didn't make sense. I also didn't care for the way Freddy looked nor acted. Robert Englund had such an evil campy charm to him that can't be beat! (I met him in person if full makeup and even during the day was creepy as hell!) But I digress...some of the dream sequences were good but again, this new one lacked. Where was the gushing blood from the bed? The kind in jail getting strangled was much more effective in the original and so forth. Even Nancy was so week as a character at least in the original she got some balls and kicked a bit of ass. Oh, well, I'm rambling, sorry. Oh, the very end was pretty good though. heh heh.

To each his own but I'm glad I didn't waste my money.

Last edited by JoeTerror (2010-10-04 19:38:37)