Topic: I'm ALIVE and well!!!

Well I haven't been on board 2 weeks on or for anything on the net cause I had an accident.

On Saturday June 23rd around 10:30pm that night I just woke up from a nap on my couch and I had my new .45 caliber pistol beside me. Well I didn't know that I had left a round in the chamber in it and the gun has a (hair line) trigger. Well you guessed it........as I was getting off my couch I accidentally shot my self in the chest.....OUCH!!!!

Yes, I am stupid and should have known better. I had to big air flighted to Grady Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia where they performed a 4 hour surgery on me and thankfully they found nothing to be wrong with any of  my insides. I have no broken ribs, my liver and stomach or great, and they only thing the bullet did was go into my chest and exited near my spine in the back but I'm alive and walking great now.

Everyone in my town has been great and been praying for me and even the doctors at the hospital said it's an amazing that I survived the gunshot and am talking to even you all now.

I have 40 staples in my chest cause the doctors opened me up to look for any damage but found none and I will have the staples removed tomorrow at the hopsital. I was in ICU for 4 days and spent the next 3 days in a regular hospital room. I got to come home last Saturday which was July 1.

I am staying with my parents now til I can start to do things better on my own. My healing process will take 6 weeks the doctors say but everyone says I am a miracle. My buddies who are cops here in town made me a small necklace to put around my neck with the bullet attached to it for good luck.

I feel great now and yes I amwalking and everything. I can't wait to have my staples taken out tomorrow.

I just wanna say that I got rid of that gun and only have my 9mm pistol now but I will be more gun safety aware for sure now and I haven't drank any alcohol of course in 2 weeks and I will stay sober from now on. I might drank a couple of beers later on in the football season but this accident has changed me greatly.

I'm more thankful now of the little things in life. I will still be a horror movie fan though and will post more on here within the next 2 days especially on all the threads I have missed.

I'm a christian and everyone says that the bullet missed every vital organ in me including missing my spinal cord when it exited me cause God guided it and I believe them.

I miss posting on here and I will be back on here soon like I said and can't wait to talk horror films with you guys/gals......yes even I miss talking about the shit flicks by Roth too, lol.

Well thanks all and the Ripmeister will see you back on here this week!:D

Last edited by RIP (2007-07-08 15:55:22)

Re: I'm ALIVE and well!!!

Holy Shit Rip! Damn i'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you. I'm so glad that you survived. I hope you're taking it easy and recupirating well. And don't worry everyone does stupid shit. It's alright. But hey i am definitely happy that you are going to stay sober for now on b/c i don't like anyone get worse and worse b/c of it. I know first hand with my parents man. The shit that i have gone through my entire life with my parents and their drinking. But we all have been missing you here.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-07-08 16:11:57)

dam, dude, glad u didnt get hurt hella bad, at least it didnt hit any vital organs. been missin u dude, im sure we all have, and i hope u get better soon.

Heh you lucky bastard.. I was feeling sorry for you till you got to the Roth comment.. Glad that your alive and kickin my friend. "Train, eat your vitamins and say your prayers!" as Hulk Hogan would say.. big_smile

Glad to hear that you are still amongst the living and that you have a new lease on life!! Awesome!! Here's to your healing, mend well my freind:) Don't push things.

Wow man.... glad your OK. Shit thats a freaky accident. Sounds like it scared you sober. Get well buddy!

good to hear your ok.. make a note not to sleep with firearms.

holy shit!!  glad to hear you're ok, Rippy

Glad to hear you are OK Ripper!  Definately one of the luckiest SOB's I know as that could have been really terrible.  I tried to tell  you those power naps of yours werent good for ya!  I hope everything continues to go well with your recovery, and enjoy staying with your folks

holy shit! Im so glad your ok. my thoughts and prayers go out to you pal.

Wow... Glad you're alright, dude.  Welcome back.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2007-07-08 21:40:53)

I was wondering what happened to you Ripper you have been gone a while.  I am glad to here that you are okay and I will pray for you.  I hope that you continue to do well.  Love ya big bro!

Last edited by The Epitome of Fear (2007-07-09 10:11:47)

damn man hat sucks sorry to hear but glad ur ok.

unbelievable.  glad you're okay. 

I have a question for you... everyone I've talked to who's been in ICU remembers it as dimly lit.  do you?  apparently it's not, but we remember it that way.

Constantce wrote:

unbelievable.  glad you're okay. 

I have a question for you... everyone I've talked to who's been in ICU remembers it as dimly lit.  do you?  apparently it's not, but we remember it that way.

i was in an icu once, but i dont remember it at all.

Hey dog long time no talk man Glad ur alive man hopefully youll be ok for now and Dont sleep with LOADED gun man. The good thing is ur back and probably drinkign it off=D

deathgate666 wrote:

better that way.  i guess.  as long as you're alive.

Missed your posts...  Welcome to the ranks of the sober!  Glad your back with us man!

Constantce wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:

better that way.  i guess.  as long as you're alive.

Patients in ICU can get their days and nights confused very easily.  This often causes confusion commonly known as ICU psychosis. Patients can hallucinate and even become combative.  If they are in ICU for long periods of time they can also suffer from severe depression.  Often they are treated with sedatives and antidepressants.  After a lengthy stay in ICU some patients have to be reintroduced to a normal schedule.

Wow...I'm so happy your ok..get better soon Rip wink

Well all I stopped by my office this morning just to do a little bit of work on the pc this morning but now I am tired and gonna go home now and rest.

I had all the staples taken outta my chest yesterday and the foot long tube that hurt like hell taken outta my chest. It drained the blood outta my chest area where they operated but it felt like they were pulling my guts out yesterday when they pulled out the tube. It was worse feeling than them pulling out the cathiter outta my pecker a week ago.

Thanks all for your warm wishes and now I am going home to rest and watch a horror film.

Bottles of water are on me now since I am off the booze, lol.:lol:

See ya all on here soon!

oh god, RIP, that sucks so bad.  My nurse stood on my bed, wrapped the chest tube around his wrist and yanked like he was starting a lawn mower.  those bastards told me it wouldn't hurt.  I really really feel for you sad   I was a little sad to not have to tote around my suitcase o' blood anymore.  It was so disgusting and cool.

Dee, it's nice to have an expert on board xoxo - I remember hearing other patients talk crazy... like one insisting there was a baby carriage in the room.  It was very sad.

By the way, RIP, you'll like this... veterans of chest tubes call the scars "Bullet Holes."
You're just riddled with them!

I just saw this post, RIP.  I'm so glad you're okay, that had to be scary.  You take care of yourself and get better real soon.

I think I figured it out RIP......you're a zombie.  Since you took the shot to the chest, you obviously werent affected.  You havent had a strange craving for human flesh lately have you?

When I had my breast reduction I had drainage tubes on both sides under my arms.  When the doc pulled them out I promise they were like 2 foot long and looked like a tapeworm.  It was so freaking nasty and cool.

Thanks Constantce.  I have worked in the medical field for years.  Also I am just a big nerd.