Topic: 60GB PS3 now only $499

and I'm still not gonna get one......I just thought I'd inform those big time gamers.

Re: 60GB PS3 now only $499

The xbox 360 120 gb is only 479 aroudn my way. but i dont need that much space on my xbox im fine my own plain white 20gb xbox. Sony coudl go suck a dick cuz my PS@ broke 2 times and soo far i dotn have any problems with my 360

as soon as I sell these magic beans....

i wish i could afford an expensive console. here is complete details on hte price slash for those interested http://www.game-reviews.ca/1668-PlaySta … y-100.html

They are also going to release a 80GB PS3 later this year. They didn't say what the price is for that is yet but i can probably tell you it's going to be more than $600. But it really doesn't matter on the price cut at all on PS3 at all. I'm still not going to pick it up. I'm happy enough with my XBOX 360 and plus i just got it this past Christmas too. Now i was pissed off about with the XBOX 360 Elite that came out b/c i want that so damn bad. With everything black. But what i am going to do is buy the black controller that came out for the Elite, which you can pick up that same controller seperately and it will work with the regular 360.

i no hwo u can get a free XB elite jsut spray paint it black and get a 120 GB hardrive easy as that big_smile

Yeah and if you do that you screw up the whole system and it doesn't work anymore. But since i already have XBOX 360 20GB, i'm not going to get it but i am definitely going to buy the black controller. That's for damn sure.

haha i no it woudl fuck everything up thats jsut wat my mom told me to do but its pretty kick ass black

Oh i know. I actually knew about XBOX 360 Black edition sometime last year and didn't know when it was going to come out and when i was about to pick up my 360 i was hoping the Elite was going to be released. But oh well.

im probably not gonna buy a ps3 anytime soon. too expensive, and im still haooy with my ps2

Speaking of which they are going to be releasing a much lighter and slimmer PS2 and  cheap too. Along with a newer version to PSP.

And for everyone here: This entire week starting tonight on G4TV, they will be having coverage to this years E3 and going to talk about all the new games. Tonight will be on Microsoft. Tomorrow will be Sony and Nintendo. Here's the link for everything you want to know about E3 and which segments are going to be shown on G4TV:

http://www.g4tv.com/e32007/index.html

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Speaking of which they are going to be releasing a much lighter and slimmer PS2 and  cheap too. Along with a newer version to PSP.

they allready have the SP slim... y do they need a slimmer one. and i didnt like the slim because i play for long hours at a time and it dosnt have a cooling fan so i overheated it.

deathgate666 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

they allready have the SP slim... y do they need a slimmer one. and i didnt like the slim because i play for long hours at a time and it dosnt have a cooling fan so i overheated it.

Yeah i know. No kidding. But i guess they're putting more into it. I'm not to sure exactly what it's all going to contain. They'll talk about it at E3 but they really don't need it b/c of PS3.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-07-10 13:27:10)

yea i hated that fuckign slim piece of shit every 2 seconds with that cord it would fall off my tv and i got sick of it its enough to drive u nuts man mad the game would freeze when ur almsot done a level its bullshit fuckign SOny piece of shit

The cords are going to be better and the system is going to weigh a little less. Here's the details on it:

Despite the reported failure of the PS3, Sony continues to push PS2 units at an impressive rate.

That's why Sony went to work on cutting down the cost and weight of PS2 production to make them even more profitable. The new PS2 is a whopping one-third the weight of the old PS2. The console has been trimmed from 900 grams to 600 grams and the power adapter has been slashed from 350 grams to just 250 grams.

While the external frame remains unchanged, the lighter console makes for easier portability and awesomeness.

SO I have a friend who works for a large video game store and gets lot of direct info from bosses at E3.  Rumor has it Sony is going to make a big announcement that they are going to Revamp the PS3.  The rumors include that the system will be smaller as it is seen as way too bulky.  Also there are rumors of them taking out the Blu-Ray software to make a generic bottom of the line model that will be more affordable.  From the sounds of things this may be a big revamp for them so they can try and compete.  The 360 has been successful, and you still cant keep the Wii on shelves so they need to get their act together and catch up. 

Also, I've heard that Sony is going to announce that the PS3 is their last system and will get out of the console war when the next Nex-Gen console ideas begin to start up because of the failure and money loss caused by the PS3.

I think the PS3 could be a success but 3 things are dragging it down:
1) The huge ass price
2) The lack of a good game library
3) Most their exclusive games are no longer exclusive: Guitar Hero, Devil May Cry, GTA are all being put out simultaneously on other systems.  If they ever lose their contract with Square Enix and lose Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, or if they lose Metal Gear, they will be sunk forever.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-10 16:17:04)

There are now talking about XBox 360 price cut too:

Fresh from the confirmation of a price-cut for the PlayStation 3, comes some advanced rumblings about the possibility of a similar cost-slashing coming to the 360.

The Mercury News is reporting on Microsoft's codename "Falcon" the latest internal electronics in the Xbox 360. Falcon will have an IBM microprocessor and an AMD/ATI graphics chip that are "manufactured in a 65-nanometer production process. These are cost-reduced chips that do the same thing as their 90-nanometer predecessors, but they’re smaller." And cheaper. Reducing 360 production costs could result in a price break for consumers.

The improvment may allow 360s to be physically smaller and less likely to have heat issues than the current crop.

Of course there's no official word from Microsoft about the chip-change--it's way too early for that--but Peter Moore told The Mercury News: “We have a bunch of different projects that cost reduce and improve quality as you find issues, as does our competition. Once you get millions in the field, you learn about the box under all kinds of different circumstances, you can adjust and tweak what you do accordingly.â€

When a new PS3 is $299 I'll buy one smile