Topic: Playing "Dead Rising 2".

I bought it last week and I'm loving every minute of it. The only thing that kind of sucks is the online servers. I've only managed to find game matches twice when trying to connect to multiplayer. Still, the game is awesome! If you played and loved the first "Dead Rising", then am sure you'll find this often-delayed sequel to be worth the wait. I have it on the XBOX 360 and got a head start by importing my saved character from the prequel "Case Zero". I've played over ten hours and have enjoyed every aspect of the game so far.

For starters, the game plays almost exactly like the first, but it's been improved in every way. There are more save slots (three to be exact), better survivor A.I. and smoother controls. As a result, the game is alot more enjoyable than the first. Additionally, there are more zombies on-screen, more weapons (which can now be combined for humorous, but deadly results) and more gore. Lots of it. In fact, as you slash away at zombies, Chuck will get splashed by the red stuff. The game is also funny. Just wait until you see what Chuck can use as a wardrobe! The psychotic boss characters are creepy as they are silly. Oh, yea and if you've ever wanted to see a machine gun-mounted wheelchair, well, it's here too!

"Dead Rising 2" is a great comic horror game. And just because you can finish it in less than 12 hours, don't think it's a short game. Like the original, it's meant to be mastered more than once. I would say it's definitely a game you'll want to beat at least three times!

Re: Playing "Dead Rising 2".

i really want this game........i was gutted when i couldn't enter the comp for it! sad

ahhh well............just have to save my pocket money lol  i might have it by next year..... sometime....maybe hmm

Are their no/less time limit missions here?

What annoyed me in the first game was having to basically rush past zombies and do nothing to them because you had a stupidly tight time limit in which to save someone.  Often meaning you had to lose one mission/leave one character to save another as well

I don't like being pushed forward against my will and made to do things.  I want to take as much time, and have as much fun as I want while doing so, to do a mission in my own way.

Hey Frank. Yes, it's still a game in which every second counts. However, it won't end if you miss a "Case File" (the story missions), instead you'll just go forward with the next one. Of course, you'll end up with a bad ending. I didn't like having such close calls in the first game, but it doesn't seem like such a disturbance in this one. Mainly because it doesn't reset if you're unable to master the story missions on time. As far as the surviviors dying, yes that will happen. However, it's MEANT to happen. You can always rescue the ones that "got away" in succeding playthroughs.

Oh, yes and there is plenty of "down time" in between story missions. So, you can use that time to just mess around. It's plenty of fun. Also, the weapon combos are crazy. Flaming boxing gloves anyone? Oh, and freezing zombies with a fire extinguisher and then breaking them into bits of pieces is a real hoot.

And just because you can finish it in less than 12 hours, don't think it's a short game. Like the original, it's meant to be mastered more than once. I would say it's definitely a game you'll want to beat at least three times!

forget games.  I've said this about girlfriends.   HA!

and alex...SanAnto!!

bites, dunnit? lol

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2010-10-08 00:16:00)

I'm glad to hear there's more than one save spot.  That was my biggest complaint about the first one; I picked it up a year ago, thought, cool, this should be fun -- but after the fourth time having to restart from the very beginning, I got so frustrated that I finally said fuck it, stuck the game back in its case and put it on the shelf, and it's sat there ever since. 

I'll be picking this one up.

alex1176 wrote:

Hey Frank. Yes, it's still a game in which every second counts. However, it won't end if you miss a "Case File" (the story missions), instead you'll just go forward with the next one.

Not true, I'm sorry to say.  I bought it last week, have been playing it the last couple days.  Missed a case file mission -- got a message screen saying something like "the truth will never be known" and had to start over again.

I wasn't able to enjoy the first one as much as most others apparently did because I got fed up having to start all the way over at the very, very beginning any time I got killed (who the hell makes a video game with ONE SAVE SPOT???), so I never bothered playing it again after the first day I got it.  Still have it, sitting right down there on the shelf by the Xbox, but I'm in no hurry to give it another try.

I'm more into this one, but am still finding it quite frustrating.  Fuckin' guy runs so slow that by the time you get to one mission location you've already received more messages and have two or three more missions backing up on you -- and the damn time limit doesn't help -- all this while having to find your daughter some medicine to stave off the zombie infection.  I've cussed more at this game in the last two days than I ever did at all the Resident Evil games combined.  Controls are better than the first but still not fluid, and while the combo weapons make it a bit more fun, the psychopaths are a lot harder to kill (I cinched the motrocycle guy, but the crazy in the restroom who jumps around and attacks you with a knife is a total pain in the ass).

I'll keep playing it until I beat it -- if the frustration doesn't stress me into a fuckin' stroke first.