Topic: Games Into Movies

Games are been turned into movies:
Silent Hill
Resident Evil
Street Fighter

So, what do u think about it, what do u thing about the results and what kind of games would you like to see in the big screen...

Ive heard that the suffering is gonna be one of the them...very cool ! ! !

I would like to the see the following movies: Shenmue (the all Saga); Gabriel Knight 3; Broken Sword (the All Saga); Obscure; Indigo Girl (AKA Farenheit)....

Re: Games Into Movies

the suffering would make a great movie I think.... we got HALO coming to the bigscreen i know that one for sure and a ton of other flicks.. like POSTAL which Uwe Boll is doing lol.

I've always thought that Fatal Frame and Clock Tower would make kick ass movies.. I would also like to see The Suffering turned into a film.. Never actually played the full game but I have played the demo and some of the demons are kick ass..

Fear Effect, Fear Effect, FEAR EFFECT!

But Uwe Boll has it, he's ruined the EASIEST game to transfer to film. It oculd have been manga, it oculd have been anime, it could have been cel shaded, it could be live action they were all in the game...but now it's going to go the way of HOTD and AITD.

DAMN YOU BOLL!

Well Dean you must have missed the most recent news about Fear Effect.. I guess Bolls option ran out because he no longer has the film under his wing.. Check it out..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_5870.html

*stares blankly*

THANK YOU BOLL!

Goon wrote:

I've always thought that Fatal Frame and Clock Tower would make kick ass movies.. I would also like to see The Suffering turned into a film.. Never actually played the full game but I have played the demo and some of the demons are kick ass..

Damn I'm good.. Check out the good news..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6045.html

Yeah thats really cool to see clock tower at the big sreen!!

ive never played it but the game art looks cool. Welcome to the site cryptikone.

Thanks alot Meh!!

Well actualy I'm pleased to see all the game movies that will be made and those that are already is, I really appreciate Silent Hill, for me it was awesome!
Fatal frame would be cool, and the Suffering, would kill on big screen!
I'm trilled to see what Clock tower will be! This game was pretty cool!
Id like to see, Siren (http://www.siren-movie.com/index.html)
And I would like to see
-Parasite Eve (There's one made in '97 but I never see it) Don't look that great
-Haunting Ground

That's about it heheh

This is a sore subject for me. I have loved a lot of different franchises for games throughout my time as a gamer. But with all of the currently made game movies I have been mostly disappointed.

There are a couple ok films... but nothing that has been translated correctly. It is like watching a comic movie. Explain to me how someone who writes scripts can screw up something so simple... Comics and Video Games are already laid out for you to fill in the small blanks. But instead the writer thinks it is better to take some parts of a successful franchise and make changes to the ideas you have known and loved for years. They claim they are making it for the fans, but then they friendly it up for the masses. Well... hate to say it but the masses are not usually the fans.

I could be wrong, but if you told the story like the fans know it... you would not only be making a movie for the fans you would also still find the masses loving it also. The only reasons the masses didn't follow it like the fans is because they felt like reading a comic or playing a game was a waste of time. But if you make a movie out of it... then they have time and become fans of the series also. Now not all the movies based on comics and video games are horrible, but lets face it... do we really want Hollywood screwing up anymore of our favorite series? Why can't the writers come up with their own ideas anymore? Have we just gone through a vortex that has stripped originality out of all the writers?

Anyway... sorry about the rant...

I liked the first Resident Evil (not like the game at all... but I liked it), I was ok with Silent Hill, I pray that Halo will be good, and I hope they make a Metal Gear movie... correctly.

The way I see it is that every movie being made today based on a game should be a no brainer though... all the games made today are movie quality already with one exception Hollywood doesn't have its hands in it already.

For me, I really can't think of anything right now.

Though, the fact does remain making a video game movie is a tough job.  If it is a series, you gotta try to make a fresh story that would appease fans and let people who have never played the game know what it is going on.

Another problem is that sometimes gamers devlop thier own storylines if it should be a movie and they may not like the writer's idea.

Good point... but let me ask you this. We will use the Resident Evil series. Is it really that hard to take the basic idea of this game and do it from the beginning if they intended on making it a trilogy?

The basic idea to me and I am guessing most fans is this... There is an elite group of military/police known as S.T.A.R.S., there have been a rash of unexplained murders moving through Racoon City and they are sent to investigate it. As they are deployed in the chopper they have a malfunction and are sent crashing into the woods. Wounded and unsure of their surroundings the team looks for shelter to call for back up. As they make their way through the woods they realize they are not alone and split up running away from whatever it is that is chasing them. Add in all the creepiness of the mansion and the twists and turns as they try to survive, throw in a little bit of the second game showing the city in ruins and some new faces arriving on the scene and you have part one of the trilogy complete and it didn't stray too far from the game. Get rid of some of the lame bosses in the game like the big plant creature, tone down the size of the giant spiders and just make them faster and more agile but regular size for the creep factor but make sure to keep the theme of the game.

If you want a survival horror movie or your looking for something with some horror and action it would solve all the issues, even if you never played the series before. You would have the zombies and everything else like the hunters and the lickers.

Don't get me wrong though, the first movie was good, just not anywhere near the story line of the game. They had that great mansion and did nothing with it. Instead they made the Hive... which I guess is like the hidden lab in the first game, but way different.

As for people who don't play these games understanding the series or not... You make the movie where the game started not somewhere else. The fans want it from the beginning just like the people who don't follow a series.

Man, Solstic you just reminded me how much I hate the RE series.. I really don't like the movies.. Its not so much that they didn't follow the video games its just that I thought the movies were weak. Plus why didn't they make the main character Jill or Chris? Why this weird Umbrella controlled Alice?

Yeah... when you remember the game itself. The first one everyone played on the Playstation it is hard to even like the movies. But I try hard to forget that when I see a movie based on a game.

For example, The game Doom and the movie Doom. I can only watch the movie Doom if I call it The Arc. Since that movie went way off the game script. If you call the movie The Arc and not associate the game Doom with it, the movie can be an ok Sci-Fi/ Horror flick.

ahahah... I agree with the Doom thing.... had nothing to do with the game itself

I never got a chance to watch Doom.. I saw some kick ass clips and whatnot for it but I never bothered to watch it.. For one I was really mad when they decided to change it from Hell to Outerspace.. That kind of deflated my interest in the very beginning..

Best and probably only really good part in DOOM is the FPS sequence.  It is done very well and aparently from what I can see from the featurettee about it, the gun is CGI, had me fooled there.

come on man,the only good part in doom is the end of the movie when the credits are rolling,i can't believe i paid money to go and see it in the theatre(rock fan).there has been a lot of game to movies crap...here are some of my thoughts(not all horror)..

-mario brothers
-resident evil 2
-double dragon(only good thing was allysa milano)
-doom
-mortal kombat 2 ( i hear they might make a third part )
-alone in the dark

Last edited by mikester (2006-07-04 12:26:49)

Oh man Mortal Kombat 2 is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.. Baraka looks like a guy in a Halloween mask and that giant CGI monster is terrible..

how good would it be if they did a freddy and jason game for the ps3 and xbox 360. With various missions and free roam, and loads of different weapons for jason and special dream powers and shit for freddy. I'm sure if wes craven and a game company like rockstar got together they could come up with a good story line with good missions. They could make it ultra gory too. Has anyone else got any ideas for this kind of game?

Damn man.. why did you have to come up with such a kick ass idea for a game? Now I'm gonna have to dream of that game for the rest of my life because the chances of it happening are slim to none.. I like that though.. A GTA style slasher game.. Its so perfect and so obvious..

well at least its still good to think of for now. You never know , they could do it. I've bin wantin it to happen for years

adamroddis wrote:

how good would it be if they did a freddy and jason game for the ps3 and xbox 360. With various missions and free roam, and loads of different weapons for jason and special dream powers and shit for freddy. I'm sure if wes craven and a game company like rockstar got together they could come up with a good story line with good missions. They could make it ultra gory too. Has anyone else got any ideas for this kind of game?

WOW.. What a kick ass game....   Why cant some game creators read ur post and just make it happen ?!?!?!?! I would definitly buy this game... playing with freddy with the special dream powers would be the best of it.. ! !
Very creative ideas Adamroddis...  ! ! Feel free to tell us more about ur ideas...