Topic: Room 401- New MTV horror series????

I was dozing off while watchin a Viva la Bam marathon last night and I woke up and caught part of a promo for the new MTV series Room 401.  This appears to be one of their new horror series as it looks like it has a lot to do with death, horror and the supernatural(from what I remember cause I has half asleep).  It premeires on July 17th.

The only thing I could find about this show is this:
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx … 70710mtv01

Based on that press release in the article, it sounds kind of interesting.  How do I sign up to be involved in this?  lol Reminds me of the show Scare Tactics a little from the sound of things.

Anyone actually seen the promo I am talking about or have any additional info on this new show?

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-11 16:46:58)

Re: Room 401- New MTV horror series????

Since it's on MTV I'm not interested. I hate that channel.

I despise MTV, but this show looks like the new "Scare Tactics".  In which case, I'm all ears.

There was only 2 things that i actually loved watching on MTV which doesn't appear on there anymore: Viva La Bam! and Bams Unholy Union. Oh yeah Jackass and Celebrity Death Match.

I dont think you can dismiss something just because of what channel its on.  Yeah MTV puts out a lot of crap, but they find some gems from time to time.  As a horror fan I think it's worth checking out.

Hey i remember when they had that one reality show on there where a group of people went through a haunted prison. I thought that was actually pretty cool. I enjoyed it alot. And i know i'm definitely going to check this one out.

I remember that show, BDD!  What was it called again?  I actually enjoyed it.

I really wish i remembered the name of that show.

I believe you are thinking of MTV's show Fear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV%27s_Fear
http://www.mtv.com/onair/fear/

An identical show ran on VH1 recently but with celebrities and was called Celebrity Paranormal Project

This new show, Room 401, does look similar but uses more actors and events than trying to scare people with fake "paranormal" occurrences.  I think I am going to give Room 401 a shot as it seems like it could be fun.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-11 23:44:50)

Yeah JMH it is Fear. That show was so damn awesome. It's a shame that they took it off the air.

I was a fan of Fear also, it was the only show on MTV I liked.  I'll give this new show a chance.

I thought the celebtrity version on VH1 was pretty good too.  Nothing like watching celebs like Gary Busey, Gilbert Gottfried, David Carradine and Ernie Hudson (yeah thats right, Winston from Ghostbusters) so the same types of stuff as on Fear.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-12 12:12:54)

This show apparently screwed up one of its stunts and really hurt one of the stunt guys that got pulled through a set up jet engine.  It was on Defamer.

http://defamer.com/hollywood/slow-news- … 277913.php

I am gonna give it a watch.  I saw the previews and it peeked my intrest.

Caught most of Room 401 tonight... the bit with a guy who slips and falls in the deep fryer and gets his hand melted off.....good stuff! And with the preview for the season, it definately looks like a new Scare Tactics....

MTV already has the first episode posted on their site for viewing.  I recommend giving it a chance, MTV fan or not, so try it.
http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1564588&vid=163220

The trailer for the season is pretty cool too.
http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1564527&vid=162090

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-18 03:36:26)

I gotta peeksky at last night's episode.  It is indeed similar to Scare Tactics!  It's a bit more polished and gruesome than other programs of it's ilk.  My fav segment in last night's episode was the dead man's ghost.

I missed it!  I'll watch this episode online and start watching the show regularly.  Thanks for the heads up, guys.

i love it ~~

miss it ... ...

go for it, i will

Fear was so brilliant.  It had a lot of atmosphere, and even if not much happened, you felt like it did.  You had to laugh at the poor saps who got the pants scared off them for a couple hundred bucks.

I liked Fear on Mtv where people would go into haunted places in rooms by themselves.

The best tv show was World's Scariest Places on Earth hosted by Linda Blair but it went off the air.:(

Last edited by RIP (2007-08-11 15:23:01)

^ YES!  Totally agree with both those statements.  But, don't they do new Scariest Places at Halloween time?  It's coming soon - yay!  More vampire documentaries, Mad Mad House reruns, etc. etc.

I used to watch Most Haunted, but then I read in Rue Morgue that the haunting "events" are scripted.

Watched Room 401 - was able to pause the beginning sequence and read the flashes of text, describing room 401 as the hospital room where a famous magician (Houdini, presumably) died, leaving his secrets untold.

I liked this show a lot!  It makes me feel so twisted to laugh at these horrified folks.

It's cool, but why don't they reveal that it's a TV show towards the end of each prank?  Made "Scare Tactics" so much more enjoyable.

Well, you guys got me interested, will have to check this one out.

It's entertaining.  smile