Re: The next concert you are going to see where and why!!

Tried to get tickets to Mumford and Sons in Atlanta.. but sold out.

-deadmanwalkin

I think my next concert is The Trews acoustic at The Venue in Peterborough! yeah i love concerts in my own town smile

Bad religion in two weeks at the Electric Factory in Philly, i'm pretty psyched about it

U2 this summer in Utah. Why? Seen them 3 times already and they rocked the house every time. The Edge is my fav guitarist! Love Bono's voice. They're my fav band!!

MistressOf Horror wrote:

Im going to see Sammy Hagar tonight.. got free tickets. normally I wouldnt pay to see him . Although he's pretty cool dude. I talked to him a Cabo Wabo once..

what the hell ?  Free concert- right ?

I'm green with envy for the fact that you get to see concerts in my old stomping grounds of San Diego. I've seen many a concerts there,  in O. C, and L.A. The most memorable being, AC/DC, Aerosmith, And Van Halen 3X. Saw Hagar about 6 mos before he joined Van Halen in San Fran. Have fun!!

Underdog wrote:

U2 this summer in Utah. Why? Seen them 3 times already and they rocked the house every time. The Edge is my fav guitarist! Love Bono's voice. They're my fav band!!

Saw them back in 1983 at the US Festival on day three which was considered "Rock Day."  The band that played that day was:

David Bowie
Stevie Nicks
Joe Walsh
The Pretenders
Missing Persons
U2
Quarterflash
Berlin (band)
Lttle Steven & The Disciples of Soul
Los Lobos (on a side stage only)

For me U2 was the best that day.. but David Bowie was a close 2nd.

-deadmanwalkin

Poppascotch wrote:

Bad religion in two weeks at the Electric Factory in Philly, i'm pretty psyched about it

They're playing here on Halloween, but don't know if I'm going to be able to make it.  Make sure you check out the opening band Off with Their Heads if you get a chance, they're awesome.

`

Underdog wrote:
MistressOf Horror wrote:

Im going to see Sammy Hagar tonight.. got free tickets. normally I wouldnt pay to see him . Although he's pretty cool dude. I talked to him a Cabo Wabo once..

what the hell ?  Free concert- right ?

I'm green with envy for the fact that you get to see concerts in my old stomping grounds of San Diego. I've seen many a concerts there,  in O. C, and L.A. The most memorable being, AC/DC, Aerosmith, And Van Halen 3X. Saw Hagar about 6 mos before he joined Van Halen in San Fran. Have fun!!

It started to raining during the outdoor concert. But he played on !!  dude is an old school rocker. didnt let the rain shut him down. gotta give him props. I had a soaking wet GREAT time !!!

Sounds like you and your girlfriend had a good time, MoH. Where was the concert at? Sounds like it was in O. C at the Ampatheater, next to raging water? If so? What a cool place to see a concert, because it's outdoor and makes the acoustics sound great. When I saw Rush's Presto tour there,  they sounded awesome outdoor. Unlike when I saw Aerosmith in the S. D sports arena. It was difficult to hear because of the echos of being indoor.

Horace Flamingo and his band the Panty droppers. The best polka, mariachi, and soul music you ever heard.

I had a soaking wet GREAT time !!!

Mistress all wet.
I'm letting THAT soak in for a moment.

(sure hope the stains come out later LOL)

Going to see the Swingin' Utters and the Krum Bums next week.

I've been dying to see Here Come The Mummies and just missed them play in Austin recently.

Yup.  I got nothin'.

Saw a Taste of Lilith (how appropriate) on Wednesday night and currently have tickets for Adam Lambert in a few weeks then Linkin Park in December smile Hope I can get my hands on some U2 tickets too

No i was mistaken my next concert is Gary Numan in just over 2 weeks and maybe i'll even try and get some tickets for the Jimmy Eat World concert big_smile

deadmanwalkin wrote:

Tried to get tickets to Mumford and Sons in Atlanta.. but sold out.

-deadmanwalkin

I saw them on the 1st Oct and they were amazing!  The crowd was mad and it was in quite a small venue so the sweat was running down the walls - great stuff!! big_smile

I'm going to see My Chemical Romance on the 25th and Avenged Sevenfold on the 26th.  It's like buses, nothing for ages and then 3 arrive at once LOL

Concerts like a motherfucker this weekend. cool

Usually we get the same old east coast punk bands that I've seen half a dozen times already playing here all the time but come October there's a giant punk fest in Florida every year around Halloween so more awesome punk bands than I can shake a stick at stop by Atlanta on their way there.

So Thursday I get to see Noise By Numbers with Smoke Or Fire
Friday I get to see Me First & the Gimme Gimmes along with Teenage Bottlerocket and the Cobra Skulls.
And Monday I get to see two off my favorite new bands that I've never seen before, The Dopamines and Banner Pilot.
I can hear my ear drums ringing already.
Bring on the $2 Pabst Blue Ribbon, I'm fucking stoked.

Oh yeah, and Bad Religion is playing with Off With Their Heads on Halloween night but I'll be skipping that one because I've seen them both already and there's only so much awesomness me and my wallet can take in a weekend.

Last edited by mdc666 (2010-10-27 03:51:19)

Lilith wrote:

Saw a Taste of Lilith (how appropriate) on Wednesday night and currently have tickets for Adam Lambert in a few weeks then Linkin Park in December smile Hope I can get my hands on some U2 tickets too

God I am so jealous! Adam isn't playing perth sad.

I got tickets to Usher! but not til March.

I saw The Misfits on Nov. 11th, the original horror punk band and they killed! Plus they have Dez Cadena from Black Flag on guitar now, so they do Black Flag songs too. They played for an hour almost non-stop, so for a punk band that's a lot of songs! Probably about 20, then they did 5 or 6 as an encore. Awesome!!

Just saw Grinderman at First Ave in Minneapolis last Tuesday; Nick Cave is still an amazing, dirty, greasy, freak of a showman! Next up is quite possibly Gwar next Monday, I've seen them before and would love to endure the filthy, excrement spewing, bloodbath of wanton disgustitude!

Just saw the Arkells for the 4th time last night they were awesome just a great concert

Not a concert, just some cute babes.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pcpKTz-zGok/SeySUqPFW4I/AAAAAAAAEFw/DbW1O0RyNJo/s400/DSCF0044.jpg

Saw Linkin Park on Monday and they were awesome. Am trying to decide whether I should get tickets to The Script or not....

Lady Gaga in March! I looooove her!

Finger Eleven January 14 then arent amazing but its close to my house so what do i care haha