Topic: "The Walking Dead" new TV Series on AMC

Hell now i wish I never Downgraded my cable.

Great trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXJth-iq8Wk

Re: "The Walking Dead" new TV Series on AMC

We just got direct TV, or I wouldn't get to watch it either. And now I can watch My Steelers kicks the asses and win the Superbowl hee hee hee.

I'll get to watch it tomorrow night. Cannot wait! big_smile

I haven't been this excited for a t.v series since I don't know when. I've watched many a commercial/previews, and all have looked awesome!

Just finished watching the first episode and WOW! 

This is what the zombie sub-genre has been missing since the Romero days.  Characters.  Emotion.  Drama.  And, refreshingly, the one thing most zombie flicks tend to either ignore of plain aren't aware of -- zombies are victims.  They're "monsters," yes, but first and foremost they are human beings who've been handed a cruel fate.  That at one point the lead character in the show stops and tells a zombie "I'm sorry this happened to you" is the kind of humanity zombie movies have been lacking for a long, long time.

At first I was a bit nervous about watching the show, because judging by the TV spots it displayed the same low-key, character-first, zombies-as-a-backdrop-to-the-drama vibe that the zombie script I posted some pages from on HM.CA a while back has.  But I can now rest comfortably because while The Walking Dead deals with different storylines relating to the same set of characters, mine involves unconnected people in various locations around the world in their own self-contained stories, but which feed off one another's themes.  But enough about my zombie stuff, and back to the show.

I think this is exactly what the zombie film has been direly in need of since the first Resident Evil flick brought zombies back into the spotlight.  Real people, the effect the phenomenon has on them and their struggles to survive from day to day.  This was a fantastic first episode.  I hope the rest of the series lives up to it.

I'm on my honeymoon, tied the knot saturday. I plan on catching a rerun jut if not I recorded it just incase! Can't wait to see the premire but right now I'm in Tennesse havin a good ole time! big_smile

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2010-11-01 08:41:40)

Dude, you're on your honeymoon and you're posting here?  The hell's wrong with you???  You should be too busy body rockin' knockin' them boots!  Go away!  Do your thing!

I also watched this. I was blown away by how GOOD it was.   Lon hit the nail on the head. This show has depth and emotion.  I felt it was far superior to most zombie flicks being released today.  I was pleased to see a good storyline, (which kept me interested the whole time )  actors who play their roles well and good bloody effects ( which surprised me for television )  I was very pleased with this and I plan on watching every week !!

I dvr'd the damned thing to watch today on a bad cable box.  I got to watch about the first half hour before the cable guy came to change out the box.  Luckily for me, and those of you who have not yet seen it.  It will replay on AMC Friday evening - check your local guide for times!

What I did get to see has me pretty stoked to see the rest!

Ski, it just gets better.  I can't say enough how thoroughly impressed I am with this show.

I thought it was a good start, and it was a bit boring in the middle. But it picked up towards the end. Shame about the horse though.

LoudLon wrote:

Just finished watching the first episode and WOW! 

This is what the zombie sub-genre has been missing since the Romero days.  Characters.  Emotion.  Drama.  And, refreshingly, the one thing most zombie flicks tend to either ignore of plain aren't aware of -- zombies are victims.  They're "monsters," yes, but first and foremost they are human beings who've been handed a cruel fate.  That at one point the lead character in the show stops and tells a zombie "I'm sorry this happened to you" is the kind of humanity zombie movies have been lacking for a long, long time.

At first I was a bit nervous about watching the show, because judging by the TV spots it displayed the same low-key, character-first, zombies-as-a-backdrop-to-the-drama vibe that the zombie script I posted some pages from on HM.CA a while back has.  But I can now rest comfortably because while The Walking Dead deals with different storylines relating to the same set of characters, mine involves unconnected people in various locations around the world in their own self-contained stories, but which feed off one another's themes.  But enough about my zombie stuff, and back to the show.

I think this is exactly what the zombie film has been direly in need of since the first Resident Evil flick brought zombies back into the spotlight.  Real people, the effect the phenomenon has on them and their struggles to survive from day to day.  This was a fantastic first episode.  I hope the rest of the series lives up to it.

I agree 100 percent
The show was amazing, well worth the wait and build up.
I also enjoyed how they showed the zombies as victims, it was really refreshing to see this side of the zombies, sadly this is lacking in most zombie movies, they are portrayed as mindless killing machines with no past, that part really did add more dimension to the show.

Lokking forward to the next show and series, should be a fun ride.

This show was amazing! I took a break from grading exams just to watch it! I knew after the first couple minutes that I would be a regular viewer!

I'll hop upon the love train for TWD as well.  Just finished viewing the premiere.  Now granted directorial-wise it doesn't get much better than Darabont, but I think this show holds a lot of promise to keep up the momentum and interest of the pilot if it can stay as character-rich as it seems to want to be.  And yes, surprisingly unrestrained when it came to the grue.  Hella psyched!!

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2010-11-01 21:46:21)

After reading the graphic novels and enjoying every page. I had high hopes for the series. I was not in the least disappointed! Knowing that Darabont would be directing the premier. I knew it was in good hands, and that I was in for one hell of a ride. Like a roller coaster though, after the first big drop, the rest of the ride is not quite as thrilling, but still fun. I don't see this happening with TWD. For one it's done by AMC. AMC hasn't did anything half ass for as long as I can remember. Another reason is the scripting. All the characters are well developed and interesting with good plotting and excellent story telling. Now to the zombies! Talk about top notch FX/makeup. The zombie( sorry this happened to you) crawling on the ground with the bottom half of it's body gone pretty much summed it up. I haven't seen anything that gruesome and realistic since? Well never! Hooweee you guys TWD is smart, suspenseful, gory, dramatic and fun. What more could I ask for? How about at least a 3 year run. I can hardly wait for the next episode!! And the next , and the next.....

Can we get a better TV show? The Walking Dead is hands down the BEST horror TV show. I'm not a fan of TV shows but this is just awesome!

An absolutely outstanding first episode! That all-too-rare zombie production which treats an undead apocalypse like the serious, horrifying, and tragic event it would be, rather than going for broad satire or live-action videogame nonsense. It was more than just scary; it was moving. How often can you say that about a zombie story in this era of ZOMBIELAND and PRIDE, PREJUDICE & ZOMBIES?

I can't even put into words how gratifying it is to see someone finally approach this subject matter without indulging in a lot of self-conscious winking and nudging me in the ribs. If the film & television industries would just take this same mature, intelligent, straightforward approach with other horror subgenres, we might actually leave this era of soulless, brain-dead remakes, nauseating teen soap operas, and ham-fisted spoofs behind and get back to genuinely frightening vampires, werewolves, slashers, etc.

Last edited by FutureSlash (2010-11-02 21:12:07)

Im anxious for the next episode !!!  cant wait to own the whole season on DVD !!!!

i watched it last night on my xbox on VOD. had no idea it was even on it till i found it by accident. great first episode.

Def looking forward to what the rest of this season holds in store...As I have been reading the comic since it came out...I wonder how closely they will follow it...so far not so close, but it was still a decent first episode.  If anything it will hopefully make the comic more popular...

I finally got to watch this last night and it was brilliant! Well done in every aspect! And i was pleasently surprised at how much gore they showed on tv! Can't wait for the next episode!

Hey guys! Is there a way I can watch a full episode online. Ughhhhh I wish I upgraded my cable

I loved it!!! Just the right Character touch, ON ALL THE CHARACTERS, so far, they really did well with casting:) (cuz I am so engrossed in the graphic novels)
and the last scene were the camera pulled back and up? *ahhhhhh

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

Hey guys! Is there a way I can watch a full episode online. Ughhhhh I wish I upgraded my cable

AMC has the first episode up at their website for free.  I doubt they'll continue to offer further episodes that way though.

saw the first episode last night. nothing that hasn't been done before but it was good, especially for a t.v movie but Darabont is an intelligent film maker so that wasn't a surprise. some great memorable moments. my favourite scene was when he rode round the corner on the horse and met a zombie horde. will stick with this series.