Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

Lilith wrote:

It's not too thick but kinda chunky. I love all things Merlin! big_smile

I hope your talking about a book. lol

the way the crow flies - anne marie macdonald

Clifford's First Halloween by Norman Bridwell--It was okay.

Labrinth (collection of poetry by some unknown poets)

Suicide Notes not sure who wrote it really good though for what the content was suppose to be it was good

Some Kind of Hero by James Kirkwood

currently reading some old issues of Midnight Marquee my all time favourite horror movie magazine! anybody got any back issues they don't want? i'll pay!

There was a bunch of books for 5 bucks at the mall when I went today, so I got two, which happen to one I've wanted to read for awhile, The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton as well as Cabal by Clive Barker. I've only read volume one of his Books of Blood and I've always wanted to read more of his stuff, since I enjoyed that book as well as the Hellraiser movies.

I just bought:

http://rjdent.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/books-of-blood-1-3.jpg?w=190&h=300

and as a Halloween present I was given:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7HqO4e1M-Aw/S1t1pNEjyiI/AAAAAAAAC5k/8YXiwmIg7xg/s400/vampire-archive-9781847249821_300.jpg

In god we trust all others pay cash-Jean Shepard.
The movie A Christmas Story is loosely based on this book.

Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, by Robert Louis Stevenson -- no synopsis needed

Gods of Death, by Yaron Svoray -- a supposedly non-fictional account of the author's (a former Israeli journalist) attempts to track down and infiltrate a ring of snuff filmmakers.  Sensationalistic and not always believable, the author found himself compelled to investigate snuff films after having allegedly seen a real one while infiltrating a Neo-Nazi party for his previous book. 

And while the author insists he once showed an actual snuff film to Robert Deniro as research for a movie, he very suspiciously cannot provide any form of genuine proof the films, or the "ring" he was supposedly investigating, even exist.  True or not, plausible or not, the book nevertheless contains a number of riveting, nerve-wracking, terrifying moments which, if the story were true, the author was luck as fuck he lived to write about.

Summer of night, per MOH's post

Bob Dylan by Anthony Scaduto

^^ That was a great biography by the way. Lot's of new stuff learned. Good interviews as well.

Am now reading:

1984 by George Orwell

http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/tq/38/146067638.jpg

I just finished Stephen Kings 'salems Lot. I haven't been a biog reader ever since I was a  kid at school but I got bored on holiday and picked this up for a couple of quid in a Charity shop and read it in four days. So I started reading The Shining which took a little getting into but now I am about half way through it's starting to pick up and I find I am reading more and more rather than sat in front of the computer all day... which can only be a good thing.

Welcome to the Monkey House, by Kurt Vonnegut; Good reading. Reads like something between the Twilight Zone and Mark Twain.                                                                                                                                                              Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley; A must read for sci fi fans. A utopian futuristic society where humans are genetically bred.

Decided to reread The Elfstones Of Shannara.
Haven't read it in a while.

stumpfinger wrote:

I just finished Stephen Kings 'salems Lot. I haven't been a biog reader ever since I was a  kid at school but I got bored on holiday and picked this up for a couple of quid in a Charity shop and read it in four days. So I started reading The Shining which took a little getting into but now I am about half way through it's starting to pick up and I find I am reading more and more rather than sat in front of the computer all day... which can only be a good thing.

The Shining - good book. Read that one a couple years ago.
Pet Semetary is my favorite Stephen King novel though.
However, I have heard that King's IT is even better.

The Creature wrote:
stumpfinger wrote:

The Shining - good book. Read that one a couple years ago.
Pet Semetary is my favorite Stephen King novel though.
However, I have heard that King's IT is even better.

Have you read the Bachman Books? Good stuff by S King who wrote under a pseudo name. "The Long Walk." is my fav story in the compilation, also includes Rage, Road Work, Running Man.                                                                      I'm still reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

Since I am back to using library computers, been reading a lot more of late and currently going through a Richard Laymon/ Stephen King fix.

Just finished reading Laymon's The Funhouse and now onto King's Thinner.

Astral Projection for Beginners.

Last edited by hellrat (2010-12-14 00:29:44)

runaway devil.

Got a few Richard Laymon Books for Christmas.

Blood Games
Cuts
No Sanctuary

Reading Elf stones of Shanara.