Re: "The Walking Dead" new TV Series on AMC

i watched it online last night and loved it. i was soooo shocked on the horse thing. i am not being specific so not to spoil

^Yeah, that suprised the heck outta me too lol. Can't wait to see the new episode tomorrow night!!!

The under the vehicle thing was beautiful filming;)
I squirmed the whole time.

^Absolutely! And the opening scene, Darabont and the actors did a great job showing the emotion in such a situation, which made it that much more enjoyable! cool

wolfman1959 wrote:

saw the first episode last night. nothing that hasn't been done before but it was good, especially for a t.v movie but Darabont is an intelligent film maker so that wasn't a surprise. some great memorable moments. my favourite scene was when he rode round the corner on the horse and met a zombie horde. will stick with this series.

that was my favorite part as well! big_smile

can't wait for the next episode!

twistedsista wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:

saw the first episode last night. nothing that hasn't been done before but it was good, especially for a t.v movie but Darabont is an intelligent film maker so that wasn't a surprise. some great memorable moments. my favourite scene was when he rode round the corner on the horse and met a zombie horde. will stick with this series.

that was my favorite part as well! big_smile

can't wait for the next episode!

great ( or twisted) minds think alike aye Kirsty? xx

we sure do wolfie! wink  i knew the proverbial was gonna hit the the fan when he went into the city.....and boy did it!! big_smile

did anyone else think that ricks wife didn't waste much time!!

^yeah, I didn't follow the comics, and it didn't seem real clear what is going on in that situation but it almost seems as if maybe she was messing with her husbands partner before the infection broke out.

ChainSaW80 wrote:

^yeah, I didn't follow the comics, and it didn't seem real clear what is going on in that situation but it almost seems as if maybe she was messing with her husbands partner before the infection broke out.

The Drama will unfold, they won't spare any details;)

ChainSaW80 wrote:

^Yeah, that suprised the heck outta me too lol. Can't wait to see the new episode tomorrow night!!!

its so hard not to post spoilers on this all i want to do is shout out loud!  LOL

I so loved it and I am still mad about the horse thing... gave me nightmares. Zombie dreams are the best are they not?

Absolutely! Zombie dreams rock!!! big_smile

The scene i liked is when he tracked down the zombie girl that was crawling around missing its lower half of her body and saying how sorry he was this happened to her and then put her down. The zombie effects were outstanding. Better than any zombie makeup/CGI ever seen to date in my opinion. And before someone says I spoiled, this was shown in one of the trailers.

Lots of great bits in that show but my favorite was when you find out who that woman at the camp really is.  When I realized who she was I was like, "ooooooooooooh..."

LoudLon wrote:

Lots of great bits in that show but my favorite was when you find out who that woman at the camp really is.  When I realized who she was I was like, "ooooooooooooh..."

same here. i was like....that fucking slut bitch. lol

ChainSaW80 wrote:

i did wonder if that was the case.......i'm gonna watch it again before next week! smile

I LOVED IT. big_smile
The premier was fantastic. Great looking zombies, some nice gore, and then ending of this first episode was pretty cool too. I loved the horse/zombie scene. NICE!
I watched episode 2 this morning, and that was all good fun. Love that gore.

The second episode wasn't quite as gripping as the premire but still flowed well. There there was still some good action and some new characters introduced. Overall still pretty stoked to see the next episode.

I did find it a little odd that the little Asian dude was driving that challenger like a pro lol but still just a miner flaw.

Yeah, not as crisp and exciting as the pilot but still miles above what passes as zombie movies these days. 

I too questioned how the little Asian dude was able to speed in reverse then whip it around and drive off without missing a beat, but, I let it go.  It's too early into the series to start nit-picking over trival stuff like that.

And how about that Michael Rooker, huh?  Was he a bad ass or what! 

A good, solid second episode.

I loved episode 2 ..  hee hee I too has to stop myself from nitpicking one point : when they were in the Department store.  Why parade around and let the zombies see you ?  it only eggs them on.  I would have at least crouched behind the clothes rack..

but overall an outstanding show !!

I loved both the episodes, I was holding my breath the entire time! Well... not really but you know what I mean. Can't wait for the next episode, it looks pretty intense!

Funny how like minded some of us here are. I too was thinking how the Asian guy drove like a pro, and something else I didn't like was when the zombies were about to break into the dept store. One of the zombies was SMART enuf to use a brick on the window. All in all I still give episode #2 a 9/10.

I think it's a pretty good show.

I did cringe a bit at how agile and joggy the zombies got in ep #2.  They are strictly shamblers so they shouldn't go that fast but if it stays like that I'll deal. 
The guts scene...yikes.  LOL  Blecch!!!

I was pleasently suprised to see Rooker also Lon. His character provided the perfect cliffhanger and I can't wait to see what happens to him next week!

Really enjoyed the 2nd show, wasn't as intense as the first one, but they usually never are, but so far so good, Have a good feeling this is going to be good right til the end of the series.

Not really sure why people are questioning  the car driving scene, we have no idea what this guy did for a living before all hell broke lose.