Re: Speghetti Westerns

I'm a spaghetti western fan as well. I think Sergio Leone made the best ones out there, but there are a bunch of others that are pretty cool. Here's a few good ones that haven't been mentioned yet.

A Bullet For The General
Companeros
Four Of The Apocalypse
Keoma
Death Rides A Horse

fistful of dollars..my  all time favorite

I heart all Speghtti Westerns and I mentioned my favs already.

Thanks for all the suggestions people! I won't be buying all these DVD's for awhile. I still have to build more on my horror collection. Once I get finished with that, I'll immediately start on spaghetti western collecting.

I've made a list of all the spaghetti westerns I need to buy thanks to you guys. smile

MistressOf Horror wrote:

fistful of dollars..my  all time favorite

Ya MOH, you know where it's at. Good old Clint Eastwood. For A Few Dollars More, the Good Bad and The Ugly and Hang'em High were good flicks as well!!!

Love spag westerns, just something about that genre of films that I find unique, I recommend the following:

Once Upon A Time In The West
A Fistful Of Dynamite
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
For A Few Dollars More
Django

The Cryptkeeper wrote:

Love spag westerns, just something about that genre of films that I find unique, I recommend the following:

Once Upon A Time In The West
A Fistful Of Dynamite
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
For A Few Dollars More
Django

solid list there Cryptkeeper. you have 2 of my top 5 in your list and 4 of my top 10. my top five are

1. ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
2. THE GOOD, THE BAD  & THE UGLY
3. THE RETURN OF RINGO
4. BLINDMAN
5.A PISTOL FOR RINGO

run out of new spaghetti westerns to watch at the moment, which is a bit of a downer, but still got loads of dvd's and films to watch most of which are horror smile

i recieved 3 spaghetti westerns that i won on E-bay today, they are

ONE SILVER DOLLAR
RINGO, FACE OF REVENGE
THE LONGEST HUNT
it'll be good to be back in the saddle again smile

It's not a spaghetti western, but on the subject of Westerns anyone else seen The Proposition?  Absolutely love that flick.

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly is easily my favorite of the genre. I also enjoy, For a Few Dollars More & A Fistful of Dollars, too.

jmh314 wrote:

It's not a spaghetti western, but on the subject of Westerns anyone else seen The Proposition?  Absolutely love that flick.

sorry jmh i saw this a while ago when everybody raved about it. was extremly disappointed, didn't do a thing for me. just my opinion, and i respect yours.

i am delirously happy " Savage Guns " is the first spaghetti western ever made in 1961 and i have been trying to see it with absolutely no luck at all! now a forum member on the spaghetti western data website has got a copy and is going to send me a dvd- r of it so i'll be able to see it! big_smile wooo hooooo ! yipppeeeeee ki  oooooooooh  motherfuckers!! sad git ain't i? wink

at last managed to watch the first spaghetti western that was made in 1961 called " Savage Guns". surprisingly not bad.

I love the Leone Dollars Trilogy with Clint Eastwood, and I'm also a big fan of Franco Nero in Django -- but my absolute favorite is Once Upon a Time in the West as far as spaghetti westerns go.

Kinda/sorta on topic, there's a fantastic Chow Yun Fat movie called Peace Hotel that plays a lot like a spaghetti western, but with the indigenous Hong Kong flair.  Reminded me a lot of Unforgiven, though not really anything like it aside from Chow as a former maniac gone straight.  Check it out.

Last edited by LoudLon (2010-09-09 15:12:05)

LoudLon wrote:

I love the Leone Dollars Trilogy with Clint Eastwood, and I'm also a big fan of Franco Nero in Django -- but my absolute favorite is Once Upon a Time in the West as far as spaghetti westerns go.

Kinda/sorta on topic, there's a fantastic Chow Yun Fat movie called Peace Hotel that plays a lot like a spaghetti western, but with the indigenous Hong Kong flair.  Reminded me a lot of Unforgiven, though not really anything like it aside from Chow as a former maniac gone straight.  Check it out.

Once Upon  A Time I n The West is my favourite spaghetti western to, Lon. It also has in "Jill's Theme" the best film music ever. absolutely beautiful.

easily my fave as well - and Claudia Cardinale?  rarr!

speaking of spg westerns,
anybody here seen Takashi Miike's 'Sukiyaki Western Django'?

it's a stylish and inspired homage and has Tarantino in a small role.  Very cool.

deadhorse13 wrote:

easily my fave as well - and Claudia Cardinale?  rarr!

speaking of spg westerns,

it's a stylish and inspired homage and has Tarantino in a small role.  Very cool.

blimey we agree yet again Bill! yeah there is certainly something sexy about Claudia. recently seen some great pictures of her from the 196O's.she looks great in cowboy gear! tongue

^ Agree with both of you about Once Upon a Time in the West.  Love that movie.  I still need to see Duck, You Sucker.

And Sukiyaki Western Django was great.  All my friends hated it, but what the fuck do they know?

I thought it was cool as hell - I'm a big fan of the Django films anyway (which helps) and I dug Miike's over-saturation of colors and some of the digital FX work - very comic booky, but in a good way.

deadhorse13 wrote:

I caught the first five minutes or so of it several months ago until a storm took out the cable.  Never got around to checking it out again but it seemed interesting enough.

Hey Dead!  I thought Django was excellent!

LoudLon wrote:

Just a quick comment...I agree with you and tis my absolute fav too Once Upon a Time in the West....Charles Bronson at his best.....Henry Fonda at his bone chillingly realistic.....the finale between those two legends is priceless and sheer movie magic...also where two actors truly earn their money...

i agree " Once Upon A Time In The West" is the best SW ever!

It's not Italian but "High Plains Drifter" is a really good Clint Western..

Only Spaghetti westerns i've seen are the Dollars Trilogy (Many times) and once upon a time in the west...

Clint Eastwood is great
Sergio Leone is great and
Ennio Morricone is great.

I just got Django.. looks really entertaining.

Another good american western from this era is "The Wild Bunch".