Topic: Leslie Neilsen Has Passed Away

Sad news today. Leslie Neilsen is reported to have died at a hospital in Florida aged 84.

http://newsflash.ws/2688/report-canadia … ead-at-84/

Re: Leslie Neilsen Has Passed Away

Oh man, that is such sad news.  Rest in peace Leslie, we will miss you.

Truly sad. sad
Forbidden planet is one of my favorite movies of all time.
A comedic genius.

That sucks sad

That really sucks.

I was just watching Naked Gun on cable for the first time in ages the other day.

That sooo sucks!! Loved all his movies and zany comedic style. R.I.P, Leslie & God bless.

lame news - Leslie was the man - he'll be missed
RIP

RIP mate

Very sad news

One of my favorite comedians. He was a master of being deadpan. He will definitely be missed. RIP Leslie Neilsen

I remember the first time I watched Creepshow (waaaay back in '83) and during the Something to Tide You Over" segment I remember thinking, "Hey, it's that Shirley guy from Airplane!"  It would be his last serious, dramatic role.

But the funniest memory I have of Nielsen is seeing him on a late night talk show (David Letterman, Carson, one of the two) and the host made mention of Nielsen's tendency to pull practical jokes on his movie sets.  Nielsen then produced some little gizmo that made fart noises, said he'd had it for years, and had embarrassed more than a couple people with it.  For the duration of the show (I haven't watched a late show in forever, but at the time guests tended to stay for the whole show rather than just do their segment and leave) each new guest was given the fart noise treatment.  I remember there was some author pimping his book and at the most serious parts of his interview you'd hear "fffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrt." 

That's all it took.  I became a lifelong fan on the spot.

He'll be missed.

this makes me sad

Sadly we're seeing many great actors passing away these days. sad

The day William Shatner goes, will be a massively sad day for me. I grew up with Star Trek and 'The Shat' was one of my boyhood heroes.  I hope he has at least another 20 years left in him.

*  Leslie Neilsen was a brilliant actor who could do straight as well as comedic roles; horror and action. His performance in  Creepshow ((segment "Something To Tide You Over") is of my favs.  But don't forget his appearance in Columbo.

RIP. sad

i am very saddened by this news. nielsen toiled for 30 years in films never really making it big then in his later career becomes a big star because of his brilliant deadpan performances in " Airplane" and "Naked Gun". absolutely love Frank Drebin. thanks for giving me hours of laughter leslie Nielsen. r.i.p mr Nielsen sad

Sad news, he was in so many great films but i loved his dad dancing in Prom Night. smile

Grew up watching this guy in Naked Gun and Airplane...RIP Leslie! sad

i loved him he was sooo funny and he was so serious at it. I loved airplane and the naked gun movies. I will miss him. Honestly I had no idea he was in his 80's

Rest In Peace Leslie Neilsen

Brillant timing comedically, seriously underrated dramatic actor, and the constant professional he definitely worked hard and earned his spot in the entertainment history since his career spanned decades, appeared in every movie genre, and his T.V. work.

Outstanding  body of work, you sir will be greatly missed