Topic: Final Destination 4?

According to IMDB and a few other sites (i have to find them so you have sources) Final Destination 4 is "greenlit".  There is no word yet as to whether it will actually go anywhere seeing as they have beaten the series to death and very few new ideas are going to arise (a few of the books have some interesting twists).  Some discussion amongst the Final Destination fans (including myself) is that 4, if ever made, would be based more around a Ship accident seeing as that is the last of the OBVIOUS choices.  If this is so, it might be plotted around the "last" book to be fully published entitled If Looks Could Kill.  there was another book released in limited quantity called Death of the Senses, but getting your hands on a copy is like cutting off your own hand with a rubber spatula...it can be done, but it isn't easy...If Looks Could Kill sends a hapless ego-maniacal supermodel on a killing spree...Death statest hat she can regain her looks that were mutilated during the ship accident if she goes around to each of her friends and makes sure they die (basically attempting to stop anyone from saving them...though the book is a bit shaky on why she has to be around...death seems to do fine on his own)...but she is there and for every friend she kills off, she regains some of her looks.  I think putting character against character is the only viable idea they have.  Now they just have to get the license for the plot and beat it to death by creating the 4th movie.  I love the series, but seriously...just write it in books, STOP FILMING THEM PLEASE!!!  anyway, got any groans, moans or ideas on this?  Post em here!!!

Re: Final Destination 4?

I love FD movies and that the book If Looks Could Kill that would never work as movie

but i do think the Destination zero would be better as movie,
Final Destination 2 : Destination Zero (i give this 9/10 )
This novel takes place in Los Angeles, following the lead character, Patti Fuller, who works at a magazine called Borderlands Control. While boarding the South Hill Metroline with her boyfriend, Patti is suddenly caught up in an explosion on board the car she's in. Fire destroys everyone inside her car in an instant, but in an odd twist of fate, Patti realizes that she and her boyfriend, as well as a few others, have yet to board the doomed car of the Metroline. Patti begins to make a scene, blocking these few people from getting on board, and soon enough, it pays off. The stranded few begin to argue with her as the Metroline leaves the station, but seconds later, a horrible explosion is heard as a bomb goes off on the Metroline. Patti knows that what she experienced was more than a lucky dream, and as she slowly figures out that she, like countless in the past, has had a premonition, the few survivors begin to die in gory ways. Patti and her boyfriend Will become desperate to find a way to remove their names from "Death's List" in time, and while researching, Patti learns that her great-grandmother, Juliet Collins, also cheated death once, saving many from a house fire. As Patti slowly figures out how her great-grandmother cheated death for good, time becomes strained as her and Will's name end up at the top of the list.

that perfect for movie
i did here this one could be in 3D

Other Vission could
Motel there could be gass leak
High school get blow up

I have wrote a story for Final Destination post that later

Last edited by BASSI (2006-12-20 04:44:58)

I only saw the first one, so I really havent been following the series at all. ResidentEvil welcome to the site, great post, I made it news
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_7102.html

They are getting a little outlandish in the death setups and I think if they go forward with too many more films it's going to end up a straight to DVD series, which is sad because the first two are very good.

The books through black flame, as well as 3 of the 5 Zenescope comics for this series have been cancelled due to lack of interest.  I am wondering if New Line is pulling out and cancelling the movie plans due to lack of interest as well.  i have the black flame correspondence saved in my inbox and could post on here if there is any interest!

I've only seen 1 and 2..3 fizzled out..

I'm not a big fan of the Final Destination films.  I wish that something new and original would come out rather than a fourth installment to an "alright" series.

i must applaude the creators of Final Destination because they are producing Black Christmas and have created Tamara (a kick ass, witch empowering smack down)...So they are getting new ideas, maybe they will let FD sit and stew for a few years.  As far as i am aware, it won't be produced until much much later...probably 2010...here is the link to keep yourselves posted...   it is from countingdown.com  http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3894705 the IMDB source seems to have been deleted...if i come across it again i will add it to the board

Not really surprised that they are coming out with another Final Destination movie.  I am not opposed to it, although I never really followed the series.  I just never was able to get into it.  I thought the first one was okay and the second one was eh, but I did not even bother seeing the third one.

i looooooooove  the final destination trilogy!!!!!!!! i hope they make a fourth one............

The Wikipedia site for final destination 4 has been deleted as well...though countingdown.com still keeps their page.  A few fan sites are stating (without any sources that i could find) that Final Destination 4 may hit theatres in 2008 or 2010...One of the books in the series that was cancelled (Wipe out by Alex Johnson? i think that was the author) has a release date for 2010 after being cancelled for late 06 early 07...so they may be anticipating the release of the movie.  This is all analysis of what i have found and should not be taken as solid fact...it is just my opinion...all i know for fact according to imdb (which hasn't failed me yet) is that the movie is greenlit! If you find some information on the prospect of the 4th movie, post it with a source.  thanks

NEW INFO FOUND ON BLOODYDISGUSTING.COM!!! 

Friday, October 20, 2006
Get more Final Destination 4 news

New Line Cinema is happy- very happy actually as Final Destination 3 has pulled in over $113 million worldwide in box office business alone. Tonight I had a conversation with 'Dr. Anonymous' who informed me that the studio is looking into developing a fourth film in the franchise that kicked off in March of 2000 and altogether grossed over $300 million worldwide at the box office. Details are slim at this point of Final Destination 4 as things are still in the "talking" phase, but we'll keep you posted as more news comes in. Anyone for the return of Devon Sawa? I know I am! 
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/1450  (scroll down a bit and click on where it says "exclusive..."

***  Bump and edit  2/9/07

Check this page out!!! http://www.insomniacmania.com/index_def … ?id=387632

according to insomniacmania.com (i don't know how reliable this site is) Ashton Kutcher, Clayne Crawford, Shane West, Lauren German, Sunny Mabrey, Tom Welling, and Ross Patterson are in talks for casting.  We should also expect this movie sometime in 2009.  I figure we should expect some news in the coming months on production.  I'll try to keep the updates coming

Last edited by TheResidentEvil (2007-02-09 07:08:00)

I Love all of the Final Destination movies! They are all my favorite scary movies. I really really really love it if they keep the movies going. I enjoy them i have all of the films on DVD, my favorite one of them all would have to be Final Destination 2 it is just brillant how they are all involved with the murders of the victims from the first film. If there is going to be a final destination 4 which i hope and pray there is it would probably have something to do with an ship explosion or a cruise ship sinking, because all they good themes are takin such as Final Destination (the plane), Final Destination 2 (the pile-up), Final Destination 3 (the roller-coaster). So please pretty please make a Final Destination 4 i would love it! & if there is any way try and get Sarah Michelle Gellar or Tara Reid to play in the film they are my favorite.

The trilogy was a good idea but like alot of films its being taken to far in my opinion.

every time a good movie saga comes out, they just keep pushing it

They must be running out of ideas now for a possible fourth Final Destination movie. I did like FD3 and they ended it with a pretty good anti-climax which was different to the first two films.

Shit i'll be gald to see a 4th film. Hell a was surprise by the 3rd one.

No news so far.  They may have shelved the idea.  They have some great novels they could base their movies off of.  The Novels have some excellent twists.  But, alas, still no news

I think the "Final Destination" series is done with.  If they decide to make a fourth film, it's going to turn into a dead horse, much like the "Saw" series.

If they make a fourth one could we get a reprise of the black dude who seemed to know all about things? Surprised that plot line got dropped as it was pretty intriguing.

The first one was interesting enough, death almost as a character, the second one had the best ever freeway pile up, the third one was stretching things to get extra coin.

Jethro wrote:

If they make a fourth one could we get a reprise of the black dude who seemed to know all about things? Surprised that plot line got dropped as it was pretty intriguing.

The first one was interesting enough, death almost as a character, the second one had the best ever freeway pile up, the third one was stretching things to get extra coin.

Heh... the "black dude" is none other than genre legend Tony Todd aka Candyman.. I almost have no doubt whatsoever that a fourth film will be made in this franchise. The third made more money for them then the first two films. Now when they decide to make the fourth one we may never know.. It took awhile for part three to come along so I'm guessing they are doing the right thing here and letting the films marinate for awhile..

I really hope they don't.  This series just doesn't interest me.  hmm

Goon wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Heh... the "black dude" is none other than genre legend Tony Todd aka Candyman..

Thanks Goon didn't realise that, in which case lets have a fourth movie ... where do I sign the bring back Todd partition. Dang, more fool me for not watching the credits.

Apperently the Final Destination movies have spawned off a series of books.  The newest one has a group of kids that go to Cancun.  Here the link where I saw it http://moviedeaths.blogspot.com/

Yea my bro has a couple of the books. He really loves the movies. I liked the first 2 and the 3rd was OK nothing special...

Jethro if you listen closely when the kids are at the Amusement park the announcer on the loud speaker is Tony Todd.. They had to give him some kind of role in the film to kind of link this film to the previous ones. I remember talking to him awhile back before the movie was in full swing and he was talking about the whole 3-D thing they were going to do.. They usually keep him in the loop about these films..