Topic: Grave Encounters

I dont know about you guys, but I can't wait to see this !!  I love the storyline and Im a sucker for Found Footage Movies

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_19592.html

** EDIT **

just saw this film,, I gotta say they did a good job, dead on the TV show Ghost Adventures.. They took the whole found footage film and took it everywhere it needed to go.. good start. good backstory, good ending. lots of scares and action. Im buying the DVD as soon its released

It had elements of Blair Witch but unlike Blair Witch this movie DID show what was making 'the spooky sounds ', and had a ending that was strong and gave closure.
Also borrowed a bit from House on Haunted HHill. But it wasnt a problem since they did EXACTLY what House on Haunted Hill failed to do- focus on a HAUNTED mental asylum and took it well beyond spooky and bizarre..

exaclty the kind of movie I was waiting for. smile

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2011-09-18 03:00:21)

Re: Grave Encounters

Didn’t we write this?

yes swollen,.they totally stole our idea !!!!\

guess its why I like the storyline  tongue

I'm a big fan too Misstress, and this one looks promising!

Me too, looks so awesome! Seems like a bit of a cross between Rec and Paranormal Activity.

I cant wait to see this

You will need to demand this movie, if you want to see it, if you don't want to  see it demand it to  Birmingham, UK LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN8nq0DR6E4

http://eventful.com/demand/grave-encoun … e_dconfirm

Last edited by BASSI (2011-08-02 16:41:58)

**EDIT**
just saw this film,, I gotta say they did a good job, dead on the TV show Ghost Adventures.. They took the whole found footage film and took it everywhere it needed to go.. good start. good backstory, good ending. lots of scares and action. Im buying the DVD as soon its released

It had elements of Blair Witch but unlike Blair Witch this movie DID show what was making 'the spooky sounds ', and had a ending that was strong and gave closure.
Also borrowed a bit from House on Haunted HHill. But it wasnt a problem since they did EXACTLY what House on Haunted Hill failed to do- focus on a HAUNTED mental asylum and took it well beyond spooky and bizarre..

exaclty the kind of movie I was waiting for. smile

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2011-09-18 03:02:19)

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr9dd4Vujk1qbrwu5o1_500.gif

I've wanted to see this ever since I saw this gif from it circulate LOL

guess I'll have to get to gettin  - sounds boss  smile

there ALOT of creepy scenes..

all Im gonna say is the ceiling scene and bathroom scene were frealy

deadhorse13 wrote:

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr9dd4Vujk1qbrwu5o1_500.gif

I've wanted to see this ever since I saw this gif from it circulate LOL

guess I'll have to get to gettin  - sounds boss  smile

Actually, that shot made me less interested in seeing the flick. It's a tired, overused AfterEffects trick that anyone with a pirated copy of AE have been duping since Video Copilot had a tutorial on it back in Jan 07.

Well, maybe not "less interested", but I did do an audible "sigh" when I saw it in the trailer. But, FF is my thang, so I'll def be checking it out... even if I've had the same concept outlined for a few years now... oh well.

^ I think WE ALL had the same idea for a movie ever since the ghost hunters/paranormal investigation type shows have been airing on televison. The 'reality show thats faked comes face-to-face with the actual paranormal' storyline. I can remember seeing this sort of concept   a long time ago. I can think as far back as 1996 on Tales from the Crypt Season 2 Episdoe 16- Televison Terror starring Morton Downey Jr

what I like about this film is that the story line was done well..  in my opinion
unlike some which didnt pan out as well as they could like AfterDark Horrorfest :Task

Yeah, I want to see this.  How did you see it Mistress?

Its On Demand / Infinity if you have cable

Our On-Demand sucks!   mad

aww try to find it online.. its worth the hunt

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrksfhreTx1qb5esko1_500.gif

thats a tongue on the floor by the way smile

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2011-09-19 00:05:53)

Mistress...you have great taste, and I especially love Found Footage.  However...I've given up on the Torrent thing.  Beyond my knowledge...I'll just patiently wait like I did for The Troll Hunter and REC 2.  Those were worth it.  Please stop torturing me with images from the movie though!  smile  This one I R E A L L Y want to see.

I saw this film recently and I LOVED it! I'm a fan of FF films but only when they are very good, and recently I haven't found any with decent scares but Grave Encounters really hit the spot.

The two scenes above are brilliant but they are not the be all and end all of the film, the whole atmosphere is intense and creepy as hell and the shocks and jumps are just brilliant. One of the best films I've seen all year big_smile

Oh and I have a digital copy on my PC if anyone would like it sending somehow?

I'll PM you  wink

>>> SPOILERS <<<<<

>>> SPOILERS <<<<<

I really liked the scenes where the arms came out of the walls and ceiling,
and the entrance became a neverending hallway.
plus the hospital ID badges that appeared on their wrists was an eerie touch

I PM'd you!

I really liked this film.
The parody of "Ghost Adventures" was spot on!  That just had me laughing, especially the $20 bucks to the gardener.

The one thing I could not handle was the girl's screaming- it pierced my skull.  The black guy was a bit annoying, too, but understandable.

I liked some of the more subtle things, like shadow figures in the background, etc.  I thought the ending got a bit contrived, but I can roll with it.

7.5/10

Gonna watch this shortly. I've hopes, but not high ones.

Zed_Chuva wrote:

Like I said above, if you ever watched "Ghost Adventures," you'll get a bunch of laughs from the beginning of the film.

Just have your finger on the 'Mute' button towards the middle of the film when the girl starts screaming.

I've been really excited to see this. I can only hope it'll be scary but from the looks of the trailer, it seems like it will be pretty creepy.

azathoth wrote:
Zed_Chuva wrote:

Like I said above, if you ever watched "Ghost Adventures," you'll get a bunch of laughs from the beginning of the film.

Just have your finger on the 'Mute' button towards the middle of the film when the girl starts screaming.

She really does her best Heather doesn't she? I kept waiting for her to scream, "MIIIIIIKE! MIIIIIIIIKE! WHERE ARE YOU MIIIIIIKE!!!!"

The beginning was hilarious. All the inside "digs" at paranormal shows. Oh, how true a LOT of that is. Hey, I love those shows, but I also know what goes on behind the scenes too, so... LOL Great job.

The flick itself I did dig. They used the found footage angle well. What I like about it, is the unknown around every corner. The first person view can really lend a nice uneasiness to situations.

My biggest digs against it, was the bad use of AfterEffects, like I mentioned before. Overall tho, I did enjoy it. A solid 7.5/10 from me.