Hangover 2
Farragut North
The Darkest Hour
Hesher
Hobo With A Shotgun
Septien
Codependant Space Alien Seeks Same
Red State

Last edited by robertthunder (2010-12-04 00:36:00)

Re: Most Anticipated Films of 2011

also

The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made
The Thing
Hellraiser
Green Lantern
Don't Be Afraid of The Dark
Alien Prequel
Straw Dogs
The Smurfs

Cabin in the Woods
Scream 4
The Thing

Cabin the woods
Drive Angry
Scream 4
Hobo with a shotgun
Thanksgiving(hopefully it will be made next year, I have my fingers crossed)

Thanksgiving next year would be awesome, I have hopes for that one

Whichever studio owns Cabin in the Woods needs to release that finally, they keep pushing it back.  Probably end up going straight to DVD.  Starting to feel like a repeat of Trick 'r' Treat.

It's still going to get released, I know the date is in limbo, but they're still advertising it as January 7th

I kinda doubt it since it's MGM and they just filed for bankruptcy.  Their struggling with the Hobbit and the new Bond movie so I don't see them bothering to put this out in the theaters with all their troubles.  Wish it would happen though.

I really can't wait to see what Kevin Smith does with Red State.

The other day they were approved to come out of Bankruptcy and the new Bond is being worked on currently.  Cabin in the Woods just needs to be distributed so it will come next year, I am optimistic of it.  MGM is mismanaged at times, but when it comes to it, they need all that can make them money now and this movie won't be the biggest box office, but there's enough hype around it, like you said, look at Trick R Treat.  The movie that is fantastic but had all the more appeal that it was on the backburner for so many years.  Exactly why I wanna see Cabin in the Woods.

Hobo With a Shotgun and Sucker Punch I can't wait for

Cowboys and Aliens looks like a fun movie. Also good eye candy for us girls for Daniel Craig is in it. Be still my hart ! tongue

For horror movies  it's Hobo, cabin in the woods. In mainstream, The Avengers & Captain America.                   * Edit: How could I forget, the next Batman movie is the one I'm most looking forward to.

Last edited by Underdog (2010-12-04 20:46:10)

I'm so out of the loop

haven't heard of any of this shite except for Sucker Punch!

so bring that one on!  hell yeah, uber-psyched!!  LOL

shit.  I just remembered I've already seen Sucker Punch -  rrrrrr be to the pirates.  LOL

wake me up when 2011's over.

Red State (Kevin Smith's first horror movie)

Hobo with a Shotgun (can't wait to see Rutger Hauer in this lead role)

But the one I'm looking forward to the most is Captain America.  My favorite superhero of all time, and the very first superhero I was introduced to as a kid.  Despite years of bad writers, the god-awful Reb Brown TV movies from the late 70s, the much maligned '90 movie starring Jim Salinger and the in general severe mishandling of his comic title...I'm a Captain America guy through and through.  Absolutely cannot wait.

haven't heard anything of Red State - HUGE Smith fan - do you know if he's going to be going for a "seriously intentioned" horror, or not?

From what I've read, yeah, it's a straight horror flick.  Check out his website, not long ago he upped a really interesting post about having finished it and sitting with the cast and crew and all watching it for the first time. 

I'm also a huge Smith fan.  He's the only filmmaker I can think of who has yet to make a film I didn't enjoy thoroughly -- and that's including Mallrats.  That kind of consistency is rare for someone with my picky tastes, so naturally I'm very much looking forward to what he has to offer the genre.

All I really know about Red State is that it's supposed to be about crazy religious whack jobs like Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church.  The ones who go around protesting dead soldiers because their deaths are the punishment for America condoning homosexuality and all that good old nonsense.  Michael Parks is playing the crazy preacher.  And John Goodman is supposed to be in it too.

hells yeah - religious fanaticism is one of my few weaknesses.  That shit's all too real and frankly creeps me the fuck out.

Thanks you two, I think I'll stay awake for that one LOL

Just reading some stuff about it and I guess they had a screening for a few people, so there's some early buzz on it.  Neil Gaiman, don't know if you've ever heard of him, wrote a bunch of books and probably one of the best comic book writers ever said Red State is the  "best thing he's ever done. Left me shaken and grateful and wanting to make art."

Must be nice to be famous and get to see movies early.

deadhorse13 wrote:

shit.  I just remembered I've already seen Sucker Punch -  rrrrrr be to the pirates.  LOL

Foh Rehlz DH?!

nope.  my bad, prime.  was thinking of another film.  oops.

mdc666 wrote:

Neil Gaiman, don't know if you've ever heard of him, wrote a bunch of books and probably one of the best comic book writers ever said Red State is the  "best thing he's ever done. Left me shaken and grateful and wanting to make art."

That just sold me.

Scream 4
Cabin In the Woods
Grave Encounters

Well I know you will think I'm nuts.... but I can't wait for Hellraiser IX
Hey I dig fan films of Hellraiser so this one will fit in nicely