Re: After Wolf: My Senior Project

Hurry up and git er dun lol .... fuck the profesors fuck em all
Posting a pic is the easy part compared to what your doin golden

sadly i'm not computer literate tongue

well to give a little help if you want to post a pic.... get yurself a freeby like oh what tyhe fuck is it called? its a free pic server and sorry buddy for the life of my death I canth think of it but I'm sure someone knows...  i even have an account there so kill me so I can releases this torment

I think know what you mean, Photobucket or Flickr right?

I've been putting off actually making a Blogspot/Livejournal or something a bit more cleaned up than just a Facebook for the film.

So I'll do that this upcoming week and post a pair of pictures that aren't spoilery.  Then again, it looks so cool I want everyone to see smile

Okay, I've created a Blogspot as WordPress costs money.  Included is an image of the head and bodysuit for the werewolf. 

They don't reveal much of the detail of suit and I don't consider too spoilerish, but if you want to remain in the dark; don't click.

http://smallangrydogproductions.blogspot.com/

Personally I'd want to keep as much about the creature under-wraps as possible, however in the university environment and needing to get as much attention for the film as possible...some sacrifices have to be made.

No I didn't mean photobucket or flicker its the other one I use, but anyways its cool you got something to post a pic. It looks awesome man even without a head.

*edit* well you didn't actually post a pic I had to go there haha but those other sites let you upload and put it here... oh ya I just remembered shit the one I use is imageshack.us

Last edited by DemonToSome (2010-12-16 00:37:26)

I fully admit I'm in no way tech savvy so I usually take the most absurd route to get to the logical conclusion.  tongue

But you gotta see a bit of the suit smile

The Suit looks great! does it have digi-grade stilts?

No stilts, the high quality ones are insanely expensive; lowest prices I've seen cost about as much as the full suit.  Instead the feet are shaped so that he's standing on the front of his foot to make it appear more canine.  The actor playing the wolf is about 6'5" and all the actors are at 6' or under, cleaver camera sells everything smile

thegoldensimatar wrote:

I fully admit I'm in no way tech savvy so I usually take the most absurd route to get to the logical conclusion.  tongue

But you gotta see a bit of the suit smile

Yep that's all that counts at least we can see it. Do you have any pics with the actor in full suit trippin around?

No, he went to work shortly after the suit arrived (a note for other student filmmakers, it's always good to be roommates with friends who don't mind acting; especially under makeup). 

Plan on taking some pictures and video tomorrow....but not gonna reveal that stuff.....right away.... *grins*

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2010-12-16 01:19:20)

thegoldensimatar wrote:

No stilts, the high quality ones are insanely expensive; lowest prices I've seen cost about as much as the full suit.  Instead the feet are shaped so that he's standing on the front of his foot to make it appear more canine.  The actor playing the wolf is about 6'5" and all the actors are at 6' or under, cleaver camera sells everything smile

That would work well too, especially with his height. If you do need stilts they can be built for pretty cheap out of hardware store supplies.

Friend of mine did make stilts for a Halo Elite suit he was building for Halloween; however it never provided him with the ability to move freely.

Taking out the stilts, we can have the advantage of the actor getting more freedom in how he moves.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

No, he went to work shortly after the suit arrived (a note for other student filmmakers, it's always good to be roommates with friends who don't mind acting; especially under makeup). 

Plan on taking some pictures and video tomorrow....but not gonna reveal that stuff.....right away.... *grins*

I hear ya mr golden, but when the time is right I know you will let us know. Even before I know anything about it... I'll buy a copy of it from you as soon as its released.
so save one for me will ya smile

I know it's a been a long time since I've done an update, but things have been slow till recent.

The Official Teaser to the film should be posted sometime late next week, my sound designer is going over it to make it sound nice. 

Still grabbing for locations, sadly ill-responsible students of previous years has closed off many place to student filmmakers. 

On Friday the great camera scramble occurred and luckily for us we're the only film shooting the first weekend of April and one of only four weekend two.  We managed to obtain the only RED One that is being released for senior/grad projects for our first three days.  Downside because of the 'Grads First' mentality, a grad film wanted the RED during it's second week and so were instantly knocked off the chance for it.  Instead of releasing the other 'student' RED to use we were forced to settle on the Canon 7D for the second weekend.  Obviously I'm rather P.O by this (as one the Grad film doesn't have their camera crew together, but we do) as we really can't shoot half the film in 4k and the rest in regular 1080p. 

So we're gonna try to get around this and get our hands on the other RED.  If we can't (or unable to convince RED to lend us one of their cameras) one of my DP's AC's owns a 7D; so we'll shoot the entire film on that as well as use the school's 7D.

I'm hoping for the RED as the look of RAW 4K is the look I want for the film; the only upside of not getting it is that we'll have two 7Ds for shooting and can do the film twice as fast.  Which will be nice during our two major set-pieces. 

On that note, though I've heckled my DP and she's on the cusp; at the moment this won't be SCAD's first 3D horror (or otherwise) film.  Maybe it'll change, probably won't.

Thats all for now.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2011-02-05 18:12:29)

Righto, update time:

Well; have run into some problems.  Have basically taken over the job of producing as well and currently on the hunt for another producer as my current has failed to show up to scheduled meetings and hasn't sent me any updates of progress of what I've asked her to do.

With actors the lead had to drop because of a family conflict the weekends of our shoot (I didn't inquire what the issue was) but it was hopefully remedied because one of the supporting actors (who had also auditioned for the role) was bumped into his role.  His role was cleanly written out and I beefed up a character who at this point only had one scene and three lines.  However one of the main supporting roles (can't write him out) said he's been cast in the mainstage production for next quarter and might be only able to be there for one weekend...might be. 

Still on a location hunt, waiting on a response from several feelers; if I don't get a response I'm making some phone calls on the other side of the weekend. 

Some positive note:

For the teaser: my sound designer wasn't satisfied with some of the sounds in Soundminer and he's trying to schedule a time in the foley stage sometime mid/late next week to get more 'real-world' sounds.

Long time since another update.

It seems like we got the Red camera for the whole shoot; the grad project is apparently falling apart so we might have it.

But let my producer go because of her failure to 'produce' anything.  After realizing I was being given false promises there's now about eight weeks of work to do in two weeks.  Also facing problems with securing a location as the one I nearly locked down I got a call from the Realtor's office early week before last that the owner changed their mind and decided not to let us shoot there.  Rushing to obtain a location while having to assemble props and such for the shoot for the first two weekends of April.   As well as hire an armorer. 

So much to do so little time...huzzah for stress!

YES!

Good news!

Because of terrible experiences in past years with SCAD students most building owners have refused permission for SCAD students to shoot.  After spending the past two weeks making calls to many reality companies around the Savannah area, I does believe I have a location; barely a week outta shooting.  It's not as prime as others I wanted, but those are the ones closed off.  But it'll do. 

First call to the office and when I asked; the response from the Realtor was "yeah sure"

It's gonna be a frantic week leading up to shooting getting it prepped; but it seems I have a location!  It makes me very, very, very happy. 

Getting a key on Monday, very excited.

I should be posting 'First Day of Shooting'; but I'm not.

I’m sorry everyone, but ‘After Wolf’ is dead. 

The Realtor rep didn’t return a single phone call or be able to meet in person to get together to get the key; despite having initial excitement about the project.  Without location to shoot…can’t shoot the film.  I can only assume his co-workers/partners changed his mind because of previous experience with irresponsible film students.

I thank everyone here who showed their interest and support for the project; really meant a lot to me.

Damn, I'm so sorry. Is there any chance of finding another realtor?

Problem is that the good location are represented by only three/four companies and I called all of them; same response: SCAD students = bad news.  And no chance to delay shooting sometime later in the quarter, I only had the two week window as my crew and cast disappear off to other projects.