Re: 'Nightmare on Elm Street'

Bleh.  Thought it was a huge waste of potential.  Not to mention talent (Hailey, Clancy Brown).  Watching this felt like getting slapped in the face; easily interchangeable with crap like Friday the 13th '09, TMC '03 and other such high-gloss/low quality horror classic remakes.

it was as stinky as azathoths monkey doo doo neutral

Last edited by Michael_Jason_Krueger (2010-09-29 23:43:32)

i watched this for the first time last night.

it wasn't as bad as i though it was going to be........but it could have been a hell of a lot better!!
it lacked tension and the characters were superficial.

i won't be rushing to see this one again. hmm

I fucking love it!

Some of the best lines Freddy has ever had, as well as having the balls to actually pretty much put it out there that he was a pedophile.

Plus there was some sexyness between Freddy and Nancy xD.

"What are you screaming for? I haven't even cut you yet"

ChainSaW80 wrote:

Seen it...definitely one of the worst remakes to date. 5/10

Agree. A real nightmare (in an awful way) for the true fans of the original.

I saw this movie opening day and it was i almost want to say horrible like there was even a Michael Bay explosion in it, and it was over the top, with way to much CGI, Freddy's face is layered with CGI and looks kinda dumb and his voice was digitally deepened and he sounds like Bale's Batman

yep jj you're right........to much cgi! and that was one of the concerns i had before the film had been released.

the scene were freddy is coming out of the wall looked awful, i really don't know why they kept that in........if you want to pay homage to the original at least do it properly. hmm

Baby_Firefly wrote:

I fucking love it!

Some of the best lines Freddy has ever had, as well as having the balls to actually pretty much put it out there that he was a pedophile.

I agree. I don't care what the fanboys say, I thought it was a entertaining movie.

Finally watched this last night. Mixed feelings...
I had heard complaints galore on here about the new Freddy, Jackie Earl Haley, but i thought he was the only bright spot in an otherwise dull movie. His Freddy was menacing, creepy and less campy, which I think suited a character fuelled by rage for being burned alive! The rest of the acting was barely passable and the plot paper thin. I was really hoping for a Rob Zombie-style remake with lots of backstory and fleshing out (no pun intended!) of the characters.

twistedsista wrote:

yep jj you're right........to much cgi! and that was one of the concerns i had before the film had been released.

the scene were freddy is coming out of the wall looked awful, i really don't know why they kept that in........if you want to pay homage to the original at least do it properly. hmm

Yeah after almost 30 years with all the technology we have somehow they made that look worse than it did in the original

Suspiria_89 wrote:
Baby_Firefly wrote:

I fucking love it!

I agree. I don't care what the fanboys say, I thought it was a entertaining movie.

Exactly you just had to let it go and enjoy the fun of it. I went in all in judgy mode at first and then just thought that it was great entertainment.

I thought it was boring for the most part. My problem was I couldn't help comparing it to the original while watching it and how inferior it seemed. The original scared the crap out of me (still does), but this one just felt like a by the numbers horror flick.

Baby_Firefly wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:
Baby_Firefly wrote:

I fucking love it!

Exactly you just had to let it go and enjoy the fun of it. I went in all in judgy mode at first and then just thought that it was great entertainment.

I dug it, too. Haley was great, and the nightmare imagery was some of the best in the series. It is a bit uneven, but hardly the trainwreck that some would have us believe.

A nightmare On elm Street is the best Thriller movie.I have seen this movie with my friends and we enjoyed a lot.

I think  Nightmare On the Elm Street is best thriller flick. I do not think that it is Ok types but I think It is WOW..........

Although definitely not a great remake or horror for that matter, Jackie Earle Hailey as the new Freddie did what I thought was a great job considering the shoes he had to fill, the story is of course predictable, hit and miss with the direction, and so my overall vote or rating would be 2.5 bones out of 5 the way I look at it is they could have done far worse and there are far worse remakes out there

I really liked it & enjoyed it more than i thought although i did go into it with the intention of giving it a fair go. I liked how they had similar kills as the original but not the same & i liked the effects. One thing i didn't like was the look of Freddy, this has nothing to do with Jackie Earle Hailey in the part it was always going to be a problem cause unlike the Halloween & Friday the 13th remakes there is no mask to hide behind i just didn't like the look. Over all though i thought it was great & the ending was way better than the original.

Glad to see another fan. I think that brings the count up to four LOL