Topic: Toy story 3 ?

i have not seen this movie yet but i was thinking of taken my nephew who is  5 and half years old and my niece who is 2 and half.

People are saying its too scary for kids, is that true?
my nephew and niece already seen Seed of Chucky and black sheep, i think they  will be fine!

One of cousins who is 19 years old said she  got scared of the Monkey hmm in this movie?

Re: Toy story 3 ?

I liked it, it was a good nostalgic experience if you grew up with the first two films. Its not scary, its just that society believes children need to be sheltered and protected from the evils of society and that maybe this film is too dark and scary for them but its not. Its a children's film that has a few dark moments, but overall I really liked it smile (coming from someone who also loves Cannibal Holocaust, Clockwork Orange, and also Requiem For a Dream tongue lol)

not scarey, good flick cool

This film is so great!!! Nothing scary in that film, even for kids!

Thanks guys, i will be taking this week

this is the best Toy Story and I would defenitly reccomend it and nope nothing truly scary wink

"Sunnyside is a place of ruin and despair, ruled by an evil bear who smells of strawberries"- Mr Pricklepants

lol

I loved this movie      and I did cry a little at the end

We took our kids to see it & we all loved it, it's not scary anybody that says it is are talking crap.

Toy story 3 is superb, fantastic flick. this flick is hilarious. Every one must watch the movie if you want enjoyment.

it's good but was darker then the rest and i dont think as re watchable.

parts were like a prison movie for kids, including Buzz getting held down and victimized.

swollenguy wrote:

parts were like a prison movie for kids, including Buzz getting held down and victimized.

LOL you make it sound like he got raped.

It's hardly 'dark' or 'scary'. There is nothing in it at all that would have bothered me as a kid and I was pretty sensitive lol.

I love this movie. Spanish Buzz is HILARIOUS!

swollenguy wrote:

I agree, some scenes did have a much darker tone then the previous two films.

Toy Story 3
8/10
Really good kids flick.

Baby_Firefly wrote:
swollenguy wrote:

It's hardly 'dark' or 'scary'. There is nothing in it at all that would have bothered me as a kid and I was pretty sensitive lol.

Against his will he got held down by a group of bad toys, they opened him up and messed with one of his switches, erasing his conciseness. That’s being violated if I ever saw it.

My three year old who loves Buzz got a serious look on his face and asked me what they were doing to him.

Yeah its light hearted fair for an oblivious tot or an older kid. But it had some pretty dark scenes compared to where the franchise started. I am not a prude in anyway but I don’t think you would have seen things like them playing poker in the first one. I understand part of the audience has grown up since the first but the first was truly kid friendly.

Great movie. The best Toy Story and actually one of my favourite films this year.
Got a bit of sawdust in my eye towards the end...

swollenguy wrote:
Baby_Firefly wrote:
swollenguy wrote:

Against his will he got held down by a group of bad toys, they opened him up and messed with one of his switches, erasing his conciseness. That’s being violated if I ever saw it.

My three year old who loves Buzz got a serious look on his face and asked me what they were doing to him.

Yeah its light hearted fair for an oblivious tot or an older kid. But it had some pretty dark scenes compared to where the franchise started. I am not a prude in anyway but I don’t think you would have seen things like them playing poker in the first one. I understand part of the audience has grown up since the first but the first was truly kid friendly.

lol sorry it makes me laugh. The result of it was funny though and that comes like a few seconds later. He thinks he is a space ranger again.

Just watched this with the kids, it was awesome!! THIS is how sequels should be done, the ending was great and I felt it was fitting for all of us who followed Toy Story from the beginning as we have all grown up, with these films.
I was actually shocked by how good this was, and the kids loved it!

yeah we all choked up at the end! i have not returned the copy to blockbuster and the store just shut down.

when Andy sat down and introduced all his toys to the little girl.. it got me all choked up..

i thought they were done at the garbage dump. everybody in the theatre took a deep breath after they were seved by the claw!

Baby_Firefly wrote:
swollenguy wrote:
Baby_Firefly wrote:

lol sorry it makes me laugh. The result of it was funny though and that comes like a few seconds later. He thinks he is a space ranger again.

yeah it makes me laugh too. But when your three year old looks up at you obviously disturbed and asks you what they’re doing to buzz. You think as a parent (not as a grown up enjoying the movie) ”wow could have done without that scene.”  I am not a prude and wouldn’t want them actually changing anything about the film. But given the choice when sitting down to rewatch something with my little guy it’s going to be TS 1 or 2 or shrek ever after

It was a good movie...def not horror in any way shape or form...lol