Topic: Alien Abductions

I just watched the "Fouth Kind" last night and while it wasnt a great film it did stir some fear in me.  I always thought the concept of something otherworldly coming to take you away as scary...the movie's "Communion" and "Fire in the Sky" were pretty creepy flicks in their own right...What do you all think about this topic?  Are you a believer in Alien Abductions?  I myself feel that the universe is just too big for Earth to have the only "Intelligent" life

Re: Alien Abductions

I'm completely with you on this topic (See my review of Invasion of the Body Snatchers). Few things freak me out more than the thought of alien abduction. I used to watch that show "Sightings" all the time when I was younger even though it scared the shit outta me!

I thought The Fourth Kind was as creepy as they come. Even though normally I would have dispised how they messed real footage with film I thought it only made it better and was very different. I was to affraid to watch Fire in the sky when I was a teenager and have yet to watch it but it is on my netflix instant queue.

Great topic by the way, and I like how you said "intellegent" haha!

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2010-12-16 10:43:19)

http://www.myspacesarcasm.com/myspace-motivational-comments/12/pics_motivational-aliens.jpg

Too many alien abduction cases to dismiss them. However , methinks these sightings is part of a larger whole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9kQX5tnZgM

Last edited by fmvgamer (2010-12-16 11:08:18)

Great responses from the three of you!  Thanks for your input!  ChainSaW80- watch "Fire in the Sky" and "Communion" if you can find them...both very good Abduction stories...scary!

A friend of mine was probed by an alien, after which he paid him and dropped him back off in the front of home depot. I don’t condone the behavior but who am I to judge.

swollenguy wrote:

A friend of mine was probed by an alien, after which he paid him and dropped him back off in the front of home depot. I don’t condone the behavior but who am I to judge.

Lol...nice

You should watch Altered

When I was younger I had this fantasy that aliens would come to Earth and, rather than try to destroy us, they would abduct fat or ugly people, take them to their space ships, do some body work on them and return them as Adonises.  Seriously. lol

Otherwise I've never really given much thought to alien abduction.  I've read some stories, seen some videos, and some of the folks who claim to have been abducted appear sincere.  I'm sure in their own mind, they fully believe it.  But when it comes to aliens -- while I am very open to the possibility that they exist because I refuse to believe that in an infinite universe, we're as good as it gets -- I'd need some form of concrete, irrefutable proof to actually believe in them.

swollenguy wrote:

That's just about the funniest damn thing I've read in months. lol

LoudLon wrote:

But when it comes to aliens -- while I am very open to the possibility that they exist because I refuse to believe that in an infinite universe, we're as good as it gets -- I'd need some form of concrete, irrefutable proof to actually believe in them.

Yup. Same here.

I watched a documentary called "Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel a couple moths ago. Very interesting.

The Creature wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

But when it comes to aliens -- while I am very open to the possibility that they exist because I refuse to believe that in an infinite universe, we're as good as it gets -- I'd need some form of concrete, irrefutable proof to actually believe in them.

Yup. Same here.

I watched a documentary called "Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel a couple moths ago. Very interesting.

You guys wanna come to home depot?

I do believe there are other forms of life besides us in the universe, but as for aliens abducting us, that's a tough one, it's obvious they would be more advanced than us, traveling to our planet proves that, so why would they even bother.

I guess until I see concrete proof of alien abductions, I'll just have to say anything is possible.

The Creature wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Yup. Same here.

Yeah, I watched that, too.  Agreed -- very interesting.

Not long ago, my sister came for a visit and showed me a website of old religious paintings which featured some rather interesting "alien" imagery, like space ships and rockets and funny little men. 

Slightly off topic, but while science by its very nature contradicts religion (and vice versa), there are so many unanswered questions out there that I don't see why we can't have both.

Last edited by LoudLon (2010-12-16 17:14:37)

Personally, I have no reason to abduct anyone, even those that I plan on probing.  I have found that paying them usually suffices!  wink

MistressOf Horror wrote:

You should watch Altered

Yeah I forgot about that picture...I guess I didn't include it as its not considered "based on a true story" like Communion, Fire in the Sky, and 4th Kind...

There's some funny shit here in this thread... I don't dismiss aliens living on their own planet somewheres in this bubble we call a universe. But, as for them visiting us?! No fucking way!
I don't believe any of the so called sitings and abductions.
OK sitings I can kinda get into since it is only unidentified BUT it's definitely terrestrial, not extraterrestrial
Abductions are drug induced hallucinations or awake dreams or someone needing their 15 minutes of fame

Yes it is true. I saw a UFO real close like maybe 500 feet from me. It was rather amazing. Was not scared at all.  Also once when I was out at night while I was watching a plane ...a ball of light shot across the horizon fast  and approaching the plane,  it slowed down to match the speed of the plane, then looped around it ( I kid you not) and than shot across the horizon.  it was fantastic to see and obviously not another plane considering the moves it made. Now I do not think they hurt people like in the movies but my mom thinks she was an abductee. she told me a story of when she was a little girl in Germany on her parents farm how she saw a UFO in the field. she remembers walking towards it then she remembers waking up on the ground a few hours later with no memory of what happened. I think many people may fake it or tell stories but also i feel that it may be true for many people. Now I do not know myself if I ever been abducted but I had some real scary dreams that suggest that i have but then again i do not know if it can be true or an active imagination. I do know the sightings i had was real

Last edited by Godzilla_Rules (2010-12-23 20:57:07)

See... there's some funny shit in this thread LOL

http://www.shof.msrcsites.co.uk/aliens.gif

Thats so simple but SO true LOL

Fourth Kind was a pretty creepy flick. I believe it's possible for there to be other life out there somewhere, but I don't believe it's ever visited earth. When someone produces an alien corpse, then I'll believe.

I haven't seen Fourth Kind, actually never even heard of it except here.

Christ. I read online a sign of abduction is when you wake up and the time is all the same number like (1:11 am 3:33 am) and I woke up and the clock said 1:11am and i freaked out. Turns out i looked at the clock at an angle and it was really 1:17 am .. LOL  scared the crap out of myself. I should never read scary threads before bedtime LOL

Last edited by Godzilla_Rules (2010-12-24 02:41:32)

The mind plays wild tricks sometimes zilla. I knlow its hard to get a grasp of that I'm saying when your mind is playin with ya but thats all it is!