Topic: The Beast and the Magic Sword

The Beast and the Magic Sword is one of my favorite Naschy werewolf films. It's got some of the usual ingredients we find in his werewolf portrayals: Evil sorceress, (two in this one), naked babes that give their all for Naschy, chains and torture, the curse on Naschy's character, and his death in the end.
there are no vampires, though.
It also has Samarais, a Shogun and ninjas. You see, a 16th century werewolf had been seeking a cure from a famous Jewish scholar in Spain. Before he can be cured, the Inquisition sends a group of assassins to kill the fellow and after a bloody knife fight with Naschy the assassins are killed but so is their target. As he dies he tells Naschy to go to Japan and look up a famous doctor there and he may be cured. He goes to Japan and finds the doctor/samarai who is the son of a general on the Shogun's army. But not before he plagues the countryside for several full moons and slaughters several people, including a group of samarai in a brothel.
It's a fun flick and it's never had an english featuring DVD release. My old boot had a blurry, washed out look and was also cut. Finally a nice boot has been put out there , uncut, with nice english fansubs and a nice clear pic and I got one! So yay for me.

Re: The Beast and the Magic Sword

always down for some new Naschy - never seen this one actually.
after bringing this to my attention, I found it too.  Yay for me as well! LOL
thanks for the heads up, fred!

Good stuff I'll check it out.

It's the biography of Ron Jeremy.:lol:

hellrat wrote:

It's the biography of Ron Jeremy.:lol:

I heard him say he poked 14 in a row on set with his sword. That's some magic!

deadhorse13 wrote:

always down for some new Naschy - never seen this one actually.
after bringing this to my attention, I found it too.  Yay for me as well! LOL
thanks for the heads up, fred!

Anytime! I'm talking to some guys about a fansubbed copy of El Caminante, which is supposed to be killer. The screenshots are very nice. When it comes along I'll give you a holler.