Topic: Res. Evil 5.

Well folks it looks like there could be a fifth installment in the series.
There is nothing concrete yet but with the success of Afterlife I would be surprised not to see it.
From GameInformer .com:
Critics may hate it, but Resident Evil: Afterlife -- the fourth film loosely based on the Resident Evil games from Capcom -- is doing very well for itself. The film opened number one at the box office this past weekend, and now its leading lady is already dropping hints about a fifth movie in the works.

Speaking to New York (the magazine, not the city), star Milla Jovovich called Afterlife "the biggest movie in the franchise" and revealed, "So we're definitely going to do another one."

Even more interestingly, Jovovich says the fifth film is going to be "a more interactive process." Her husband and director of the Resident Evil films, Paul W.S. Anderson, plans to join Jovovich in communicating with fans via Twitter to find out what they want from the next Resident Evil movie.

On Jovovich's Twitter account, the actress told one fan that they don't yet have a deal with Sony for a fifth film, but "but we hve sum grt ideas 4 another RE! n i've been telling paul sum of the ideas from fans as well 4 another script!"

Re: Res. Evil 5.

Great news! I'm not a big fan of the series, but "Afterlife" was really good! And Milla's a doll. Looking forward to seeing the next one.

I would go see it !  smile

i really enjoy the resident evil movies and would welcome another (just forget about 3-d please)

I am a fan as well even though they really don't follow the games at all...the 4th one was the most fun in the series...

I liked the first three but I didn't care for Afterlife. I hoping the fifth will be better.

Watching Afterlife tonight.

I plan on picking it up on Blueray this weekend...ring in the New Year Resident evil style!

As much as I really despites RE: Afterlife -- I picked it up anyway.  It's times like this that I hate being a completist, because I know I'm never going to watch the damn thing but I already owned RE 1-3...

That said, if Anderson and Jovovich (luuuuuuuuuuuuv me some Milla) are looking for feedback on what to include in the fifth one, I would like to see them ACTUALLY MAKE A MOVIE WHICH HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE GAME.

LoudLon wrote:

As much as I really despites RE: Afterlife -- I picked it up anyway.  It's times like this that I hate being a completist, because I know I'm never going to watch the damn thing but I already owned RE 1-3...

That said, if Anderson and Jovovich (luuuuuuuuuuuuv me some Milla) are looking for feedback on what to include in the fifth one, I would like to see them ACTUALLY MAKE A MOVIE WHICH HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE GAME.

Its not too late for them to do a reboot of the series at this point...

Good point, but I highly doubt they will.  These silly RE flicks have yet to lose money, so they won't bother messing with a formula which has proven thus far to be successful.  Critics can trash these flicks 'til the cows come home, but so long as they make a profit the filmmakers and studio don't give a shit.

Personally, while I didn't like the movie, RE: Apocalypse is the only flick which has bothered trying to incorporate more of the game itself.  More zombies, the graveyard, Nemesis, etc.  And IMO, RE: Extinction was the best flick of the bunch.  But that's not saying much.

woo-hoo!! consider me excited.

Lilith wrote:

woo-hoo!! consider me excited.

Excited for what exactly?

^^ For another Res Evil film big_smile Bring it on!

Lilith wrote:

^^ For another Res Evil film big_smile Bring it on!

Im with you on that one...I don't care how over the the top the franchise gets...

From yesterday.
http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/ … a-twitter/

Cool.  I love the games, big fan of the movies.  Didn't know Milla was married to Anderson.  Just no superhero mental powers, please (that was a God-awful concept).

Can't wait, I actually liked Afterlife, seeing as how the movies have started introducing characters from the game into the movie.  Though the only RE movie so far that was actually based on the game was the CG film, Resident Evil: Degeneration, and there is also supposed to be another CG film for RE.

RE-BOOT MY ARSE! (Hmmmmm....)

We need an proper and satisfying ending (which we had until the final seconds of "Afterlife") to this lot of films first!
"5" had better end it now.  I like the series, but 5 films are enough.

Bloody Angel wrote:

Can't wait, I actually liked Afterlife, seeing as how the movies have started introducing characters from the game into the movie.  Though the only RE movie so far that was actually based on the game was the CG film, Resident Evil: Degeneration, and there is also supposed to be another CG film for RE.

As far as I can tell this is the official site for the sequel to the CGI movie REs Evil:Degeneration.
http://www.residentevilcg2.com/

;

Oh god no, pleeeeease no. I love the games and the first 3 movies but..Afterlife? I thought was a hot mess..and not the good kind. I mean yeah, who doesn't love them some Milla and her moves and zombies but to me, the movie got old real fast. It felt like 90% of the movie was in slow motion which irritated me to death. Plus, it was like they just took the enemies from all the games (including the new one obviously) mashed it together, and tried to pass it off as following the game series. Hopefully this new one won't be such a disappointment /:

Looks like the release date at this point is Sep. 14th 2012.
http://www.viewsbuzz.com/resident-evil- … t-trailer/

I dont how people like the resident evil films the first one was good but by no means excellent and Apocalypse was one of the worst films i have ever seen. Id rather revisit Resident evil 4 (PS2) than watch that again- now, that is a masterpiece in survival horror.

Last edited by Vasquez (2011-08-09 15:24:06)

I love the first three RE films.

But the fourth flick, Afterlife, didn't do it for me. RE films are supposed to be an action/horror blend. Afterlife was basically just the action without the horror. It was just a much more mainstream attempt, IMO.
Not sure how the fifth one is going to turn out, but I hope it's more horror based.

Vasquez wrote:

Id rather revisit Resident evil 4 (PS2) than watch that again- now, that is a masterpiece in survival horror.

I agree, great game. big_smile