Topic: Resident Evil:The Umbrella Chronicles

Yup, I've got more Resident Evil news for you guys. This time relating to Capcoms Wii exclusive installment in the series. Resident Evil:The Umbrella Chronicles is a new survival horror game that utilizes the innovative technology of the Nintendo Wii. RE:TUC will focus on untold events spanning the entire series. The main goal of The Umbrella Chronicles is to tie the rest of the series into Resident Evil 4 and the upcoming Resident evil 5. The game will feature RE4's third person gameplay, but will lack the full blown action of the newer installment in an attempt to bring the series back to it's roots. So don't expect to go plowing through monsters the way you did as Leon on the Game Cube.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.nintendowiifanboy.com/media/2006/09/rewii_scan_0915.jpg
This is the only Umbrella Chronicles screenshot to be released publicly. This image supports the news that one of the game's new features will be the ability to simply blow doors open instead of wasting time opening. This downside to this is that enemies in other rooms will now be able to traverse from one room to the other thanks to your impatience.

Rumour has it that an actual trailer for the game will be shown at the upcoming Tokyo game show in Japan.

Re: Resident Evil:The Umbrella Chronicles

very friggin cool Leon.

All of the Resident Evil games are really fun.  This one looks like no exception.

Capcom's been doing a good job at varying up the series with new gameplay mechanics and the such. I'll keep everyone informed as more news on this game progresses.

looks like im gonna need to get the new nintendo

aint that the truth. good to see you here vander.

The Wii is only going to be around 250 bucks so it's definitely worth it giving all the awesome games that are coming out for it.

yeah the WII is gonna be damn cheap so it makes me really think it might be worth it. Problem is the graphics so far for their games are VERY subpar.

Well the only graphics that have been shown aren't actually Wii graphics, but enhanced Game Cube graphics they used to give people a peek at what kind of games will be on the Wii. So don't fret just yet.

ahh that would explain hte shitty graphics

I wouldn't consider them shitty, but the finished product will look much better.