Topic: John Carpenter's "They Live" a soon to be TV Series?????

I just saw this news on a Wrestling website but it was an interview with Roddy Piper in Empire magazine that talks about being in talks to be involved in a TV series based on the John Carpenter film "They Live" that he starred in.  Here is the info I found:

" In the new issue of Empire Magazine, WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper says director John Carpenter is in talks with the Sci-Fi Network to make Piper's 1980's movie "They Live" into a TV series, which Piper would be involved in. Piper "retired" at WrestleMania III to work on the movie, which is considered a B list classic, and starred as John Nada. "

I checked Empire Magazines website and was unable to find any additional infor about this information on their.  If anyone see's it on newsstands, flip through and see what you can find out.

I love They Live, I think it is Carpenters second best film, and it would be interesting to see it as a series.

Re: John Carpenter's "They Live" a soon to be TV Series?????

THEY LIVE hell-ya!!!!!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie its trully great. i really really hope it does Justice..its going to have Roddy Piper so thats a really GREAT start. Didnt he die the end.....I CAME HERE TO DO TWO THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and im all out of bubblegum-classic line.i wonder how they plan on explaining pipers character surviving as if i remember right he got shot at the end

Last edited by skincarver (2007-08-24 13:04:48)

I liked They Live alot and that fight scene was great with Piper and Keith David.

I'll check out the series if Piper is in it.