Topic: the burning moon

I was recently in germany and came across a dvd copy of The Burning Moon and can't seem to find it any where. I was just wondering how rare it is to have a copy of it.

Re: the burning moon

I can't speak for Europe, but it's relatively obscure in the States - and if I'm not mistaken - the DVD is out of print, too.

so whats this movie about ?

It's a low budget extremely gory German splatter film revolving around a couple of stories a brother tells his sister.  It's badly acted but should definitely please any gorehounds.

It's directed by Olaf Ittenbach whose entire career consists of these types of films and this was one of his first - they get a little better as he went on - I haven't seen anything from him in a while but I know he releases films pretty regularly - I'd be interested to see if his production values have gotten any better

its about two bedtime stories that a delinquent brother reads his little sister. These disturbingly morbid stories focus on a serial killing blind date and a murderous, psychotic priest. Still haven't watched it yet i need to get a multi region dvd player.

thanks deadhorse13, I tried everywhere to find a copy, so im hoping its rare. i bought about 14 dvd when i was down there and was wondering if there is any demand for dvd like this one. most of mine are zombie dvd but i got a few that are not. Even have one that says in german only 1000 copies made

well you got me curious so I did some investigating LOL
I guess there's never been a legitimate DVD release of it here - on Amazon you can purchase the VHS for upwards of 50 bucks.  I remember in the late 90s you could only get a hold of dubbed bootleg copies of it with fan-made subtitles.  I grabbed a copy somewhere off the net a few years back that was ripped from a DVD that featured English subs - so I assume it must have seen a proper release somewhere.  But yeah, I'd say you definitely have yourself a rarity!

Well thanks man, Thats good to hear

I really want to see this movie. I love all of Olaf Ittenbach's films. Looks like I'll have to find a bootleg.

Im interested in seeing this

I saw it a long time ago...I used to live by a video store that had all kinds of rare stuff...

Hello,
i live in Germany an can tell you something about the movie "The Burning Moon". At first, the movie only sell in a limited edition. It was sold out very fastly. This Uncut Version was forbidden in Germany. Later, an cut Version came out of VHS. The DvD´s are all uncut, but sold out, too. All this Versions are very expensive, now. A few Bootlegs are on the Market.

You can buy it here:
http://www.dvduncut.com/Horror-Filme/Th … ncut-.html

Excuse my english, its not my native language.

Last edited by Pest (2011-01-14 03:10:20)

i can pick up a steel book copy of this relatively cheap.........

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss … rning+moon

if anyone wants one give me a shout........i'm sure we can work something out! wink

http://vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=-252862 … 20d&sd

dunno, what version is here, cutted or full

I have checked the link, it looks great!

Princess cruise lines

Last edited by madycl (2011-06-15 11:39:37)

Bam!  33 TTs to Kirsty!