Re: Which french flick is better?

Heres my order 

1. - Martyrs - absolutely amazing movie, quite disturbing in some ways and quite emotional.
2. - Inside - although its a pretty short movie its still very well made, realistic gore and nothing thats not too over the top and unbelievable.
3. - High Tension - Excellent movie, only reason its below Inside is cause of its ending.
4. - Frontiers - Pure shit, don't waste your time.

shotgunwedding - i know a lot of people disagree with INSIDE - "nothing thats not too over the top and unbelievable" - alot of chumps cry about the braindead cop who gets up and turns the lights on - i fucking loved that bit

i love the entire movie - non stop relentless violence

better than martyrs tongue - martyrs you watch the first time - it leaves you thinking about it for a couple of days - but you watch it a second time - you get bored as fuck - Inside - I could watch once a day

Yeah, didn't like Frontiers.

My list:

1. Inside - I really liked it as the gore is so realistic and home invasion films scare me the most.
2. High Tension - The ending was strange but after a second watch, I liked it.
3. Martyrs - This movie is well made but it doesn't hold a candle to Inside, in my opinion.
4. Frontiere(s) - I didn't like this movie at all.

Last edited by Dagger (2010-06-18 05:49:20)

hello guys...
High Tension is winning..
Flo TV

Last edited by Lowell (2010-10-02 00:25:06)

I'm gonna say Marytrs was my favorite, it really made me think and by the end i loved it and think it is one of the most original horror movies in a LONG LONG time!!!

I really like Inside as well...great simple story, great villian, beautifully filmed and extremely violent = Awesome!

High Tension i liked, it had good acting, great violent kills and awesome F/X and like many others i didnt like the ending at first but it grew on me.

Frontiers...i couldnt wait to see this movie so i ran out and bought it didnt like it very much for a couple of reasons 1. I already seen Hostel 2. Xavier Gens, i just don't like the shaky camera, it works some but its just not well done here.

Frontier(s) then Martyrs. I have watched Frontier(s) countless times and also own it. What a fucked up family! Martyrs had a bit better acting, in my opinion. Yet to see Inside!

High Tension all the way for me

My Top 10 'Frenchers' prob. play out like this:
Martyrs
Inside
Sheitan
Trouble Every Day
Them
They Came Back
High Tension
Eden Log
Frontiers
La Horde
Mutants

ok, top 11  smile

shit.  forgot about Brotherhood Of The Wolf.

Yeah, Brotherhood of the Wolf was awesome!
Note to self, rewatch BOTW.

Hi I'm new.
First post has to be this one to vote:
MARTYRS!  in my top ten fave horrors.
next would be High Tension (I liked the end!)
Inside next.
Haven't seen Frontiers yet.

if no one liked frontieres why does it keep popping up? I haven't seen it why the hate for it???

unless it has hairy fat men fucking new borns...... welll shit I gotta see that man I gotta see everything and I dooooo

Zombie Lake.

^ makes a fine coaster for your refreshment as you watch Inside LOL

Martyrs
Them
High Tension
Frontiers
La Horde

for me it would be.........

inside
martyrs
la horde
them
high tension

I am re-evaluating my choice of High Tension, leaning more and more towards MARTYRS still High Tension is my top choice though it maybe a tie in the end of this....for me...

Both are trippy ass movies on the first watch but once you figure both out on the second if not the first time around....well...enuff said...

Last edited by starkravingmad (2011-01-04 14:17:18)

DemonToSome wrote:

if no one liked frontieres why does it keep popping up? I haven't seen it why the hate for it???

Yeah I really don't get the hate for this movie. It's kinda weird people would find it that bad... and it's my favorite of the french movies. I don't know if it has to do with bad subtitles or dubbing something.. I'm french so I watch it in french so I wouldnt know.

Anyway... I would like to know what people hated about this movie.

Brotherhood of the Wolf was a kong fu flick not horror.  the werewolfs were pretend

Martyrs

La Horde

ejaculine wrote:
DemonToSome wrote:

Yeah I really don't get the hate for this movie. It's kinda weird people would find it that bad... and it's my favorite of the french movies. I don't know if it has to do with bad subtitles or dubbing something.. I'm french so I watch it in french so I wouldnt know.

Anyway... I would like to know what people hated about this movie.

I liked it, as well.  In fact I prefer it to Martyrs, which I thought tried to be too deep for its own good.

ChainSaW80 wrote:

I'm gonna say Marytrs was my favorite, it really made me think and by the end i loved it and think it is one of the most original horror movies in a LONG LONG time!!!

I really like Inside as well...great simple story, great villian, beautifully filmed and extremely violent = Awesome!

High Tension i liked, it had good acting, great violent kills and awesome F/X and like many others i didnt like the ending at first but it grew on me.

Frontiers...i couldnt wait to see this movie so i ran out and bought it didnt like it very much for a couple of reasons 1. I already seen Hostel 2. Xavier Gens, i just don't like the shaky camera, it works some but its just not well done here.

^^^^^^
Don't get me wrong, i didn't hate the movie but, by the time i had seen it, Hostel and Hostel Part 2 had been released and the whole capture and torture thing had been done to death already, so that turned me off a bit. After Hostel & Hostel 2 there was Captivity and all the Saw sequels popping up, then Train, which was essentially Hostel on a train. But mostly i didn't like Xavier Gens filmmaking. to shaky cam wasn't through out the movie but i don't think it worked in some of the parts it was used it. But just my opinion.

Maybe i just have a grudge against the guy since he F'ed up the Hitman movie lol

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2011-01-17 17:07:58)

No shit, man.  Hitman -- what the hell happened there?  Great actor in Tim Olyphant, intriguing source material -- but the movie was about as exciting and interesting as a fart you might have passed last week.