Topic: Roget Rabbit sequel?

While doing some research on Disney I found this news tidbit from 2007:

"The revival of the Disney/Amblin Entertainment partnership and the Roger Rabbit franchise which may lead to new theme park appearances, theme park rides for the Disney MGM Studios area, the Roger Rabbit sequel and lots more."

I for one wouldnt mind seeing a sequel to Roger Rabbit.  It was very adult oriented and I think with the right people behind it could actually be entertaining.  I just never knew they had ever thought about a sequel before.  But with regaining a partnership with Amblin, it sounds like this is a possibility.

Re: Roget Rabbit sequel?

Hey i loved Roger Rabbit back when i was a kid and i still love watching it. It is still so damn awesome and there is no other movie out there where cartoon characters interact with humans but do it right. Unlike that piece of shit movie Space Jam. So yeah if they pull it off with a sequel and make it look like and have that same feel that the original had, then it will be kickass.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Hey i loved Roger Rabbit back when i was a kid and i still love watching it. It is still so damn awesome and there is no other movie out there where cartoon characters interact with humans but do it right. Unlike that piece of shit movie Space Jam. So yeah if they pull it off with a sequel and make it look like and have that same feel that the original had, then it will be kickass.

Roger Rabbit is my favorite but I didn't think Cool World was horrid.

I completely agree with you on Space Jam though.

I agree with the great Dr.  Cool World was pretty good too.  And "Song of the South" from 1946, the first live action/animated action mixed movie isnt all that terrible.  But I agree that Roger Rabbit is the standard for the mix of live/animated action, and its the inspiration for my half completed screenplay so I gotta welcome the chance at a sequel.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-06 12:30:32)

How could i forget about Cool World. That was another favorite of mine from start to finish. But what i was mainly talking about for mixed world's i'm talking about real life cartoon characters, like from Walt Disney characters.

i loved Roger rabbit, its such a great movie, and i agree that a sequel could be pulled off, but it would have to be done with the same feel as the first, and, i think that it wouldnt be quite as good because they probably cant get the same voice for Roger rabbit.

deathgate666 wrote:

they probably cant get the same voice for Roger rabbit.

I think they could get Charles Fleischer to do it again.  I would love to hear him voice Roger again, especially with a root in horror films as well.  (He may be better known in the flesh as Dr King from Nightmare on Elm Street.  He also had roles in “The Hand" , “Bad Dreams" , and “Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight" .)

I for one would welcome him back with open arms to do Roger again, and I hope if the sequel does go through they can get him back at any cost!

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-07-07 02:52:36)

jmh314 wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:

they probably cant get the same voice for Roger rabbit.

I think they could get Charles Fleischer to do it again.  I would love to hear him voice Roger again, especially with a root in horror films as well.  (He may be better known in the flesh as Dr King from Nightmare on Elm Street.  He also had roles in “The Hand" , “Bad Dreams" , and “Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight" .)

I for one would welcome him back with open arms to do Roger again, and I hope if the sequel does go through they can get him back at any cost!

ya it would be awesome to see him come back again, i just wasnt sure if he was even still alive tongue and i didnt feel like looking it up on IMDB...

deathgate666 wrote:

ya it would be awesome to see him come back again, i just wasnt sure if he was even still alive tongue and i didnt feel like looking it up on IMDB...

He is very much alive.  Again, here is another person gonna be at Flashback Weekend horror fest in Chicago.  If I can make it and see him I will ask about the rumoured RR sequel and if he's been contacted regarding it.

This film would never be what the first was.. Disney has gone VERY far away from the adult image that they once had.. Awhile back they weren't afraid of doing some adult themed things but now they are all about doing this very very kid or family safe.. So I really don't want to see this happen..

However I would like to see one done the right way.. but I don't see that happening..

i wouldnt exactly call the Pirates of the caribean movies "kid safe". ya they are more directed towards kids, but some things in them are very adult. i just really hope they would make it so that it still has alot of the adult humor in it like the first one did.

i dont think a sequel will happen altho it would be pretty cool to see. its just so many years since the first and many movie companies dont touch sequels when a movie has been sitting on shelves for years.oh sure they talk and talk and talk about a "possible sequel" but it never comes to fruition (altho their are exceptions like the current prequel in the works to the 1987 Brian De Palma movie The Untouchables)

jmh314 wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:

He is very much alive.  Again, here is another person gonna be at Flashback Weekend horror fest in Chicago.  If I can make it and see him I will ask about the rumoured RR sequel and if he's been contacted regarding it.

Charles Fleischer would neither confirm or deny that he has been contacted about a possible sequel

jmh314 wrote:

And "Song of the South" from 1946, the first live action/animated action mixed movie isnt all that terrible.

Honestly this isn't exactly true.  Not about it being not all terrible, but about it being the first mix of live action and animation.

Disney was doing mixed media animations as early as 1921 with the silent Alice cartoons.  One of my film society buds wrote a book about 'em called Walt in Wonderland.

(edited to change "Love action" to "Live Action".   That was a whole DIFFERENT set of cartoons! big_smile )

Last edited by Mirthquake (2007-07-21 09:51:16)