Topic: Help With Change: Genres

I am putting together the new genre code so that you can build top lists by genre and want some feedback on the genres. I want to setup some base top level genres and will make it VERY easy to build your top lists and want to know what genres to include. So far I have

Foreign
B-Movie
indie
Zombie
vampire
Action
Sci-Fi
Thriller
Supernatural
Comedy

What other top level genres should we have? This new code should go live this week for everyone to give it a shot just want to get some solid feedback first.

Re: Help With Change: Genres

Supernatural

Slasher

Creature feature?
Classic?
Black and white?
Comedy?

yeah comedy duh that was stupid of me to overlook lol. Supernatural also probly makes sense for a top level genre.

Independent                                                                                                                                                     B movies

Last edited by Underdog (2011-01-23 12:54:11)

you can tell its early. Good job underdog addding both!

Drama?

80s...as it was one of the best decades ever for horror
Exploitation (could fall under B-Movie)
Classic: as in the universal monster films and old Hammer stuff

How about Found Footage ?

MistressOf Horror wrote:

How about Found Footage ?

^ Thats a good On Moh

Creature Feature?

Slashers!!

I think you should break "foreign" up.  Italian horror, European/Hammer Horror, Asian Horror, French Horror -- they may all be foreign horror but stylistically, thematically and in terms of atmosphere they're their own separate entities.

Personally, I think they deserve their own genre headings.  Say you walk into a video store which specializes in foreign horror films;  you'd never see Frontier(s) in the Asian Horror section, just as  you'd never see the Hong Kong horror flick Peacock King in the French section.

Just a thought.