Topic: Adam Sandler.

Am I the only one who scratches their head at Sandlers popularity?
The only one who thinks he's not funny and is talentless?

Re: Adam Sandler.

I can't f&*kin stand him, I'd rather pull out my nose hairs one at a time than watch him try and act funny, which he fails at miserably.

He's hit and miss, definitely not the 'comic giant' his career would seem to indicate, though.
I like his earlier stuff, especially Happy Gilmore and I enjoy 50 First Dates - It's the kind of role I wish he'd do more of instead of so often trying to force the funny

Haven't really liked him since SNL...and even then he wasn't all that great.

His career started with him making babbling sounds like a baby.

I think he's got talent, and is charismatic, but hasn't showed it for quite a while. I would like to see him do a movie with Jim Carry. Just not by Happy Gilmore studio.

hell, I can remember Sandler on MTV's Remote Control.  yikes! LOL

I stand by my comment that Billy Madison is one of the best surrealist comedies in the last 30 or so years.  happy Gilmore was also enjoyable to me because I love golf and hockey.

Everything else besides Punch Drunk Love I can give or take... usually I just pass on it

I like some of his older movies, but his new stuff gets worse and worse.

yes, his older stuff was good.. his recent attempts suck the big fat hairy one.

I like the Lunch Lady song and the Hanukkah song

Happy Gilmore was good

I don't mind him, just gotta be in the mood. Anger Management was his best imo, maybe its because Jack Nicholson is in it lol. Still tho, once and a while im in the mood for something supid his movies do the job

^^The first time I saw Anger Management it freaked me out. I went to school with one of the girls that play the lesbians and had no idea she was acting, let alone in that movie....Suddenly she was just on screen. I had to skip to the credits to make sure I wasn't going crazy!

I can take or leave him.  I wouldn't say I dislike him -- but I don't like most of his movies.  I did like The Wedding Singer, Anger Management and Punch Drunk Love.  I think that he, like so many other comedians, is actually rather good at playing straight drama as opposed to comedy.

But as the saying goes, comedy is drama in disguise, so...

Because of this thread, I stayed up last night to watch Billy Madison.

I liked Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer & 50 First Dates & a few others but i started to go of him when he did Little Nicky.

I like his old stuff and CD’s. his new stuff sucks

MacheteMassacre wrote:

Because of this thread, I stayed up last night to watch Billy Madison.

My apologies. lol

i love BM. but you have to be in a silly mood.

Oh I see what’s going on here Mr. penguin.

I would say i am fan, i liked most of his movies , Little Nicky, Waterboy, Anger Management , Mr. Deeds, Big Daddy ,Happy Gilmore and on and  i also liked Eight Crazy Nights. as fan of A.S I do agree that the newer movies are that  not good,  The last good movie he was in was The Longest yard i seen that movie 100 times by now.

I also heard that You Don't Mess with the Zohan  was good aswell, i not seen that movie yet. if i liked the above, i would like this aswell.

you have to be a pretty big fan of Sandler to like Zohan - I thought it was ridiculous and not in the "so stupid it's funny kind of way" either IMO

Zohan was funny it was his stupid off the wall stuff, which I like.

I think it’s when he tries to make a mainstream comedy that it sucks. But when he and his friends can go crazy and do whatever dumb idea they come up with; that’s when he’s at his best.

deadhorse13 wrote:

you have to be a pretty big fan of Sandler to like Zohan - I thought it was ridiculous and not in the "so stupid it's funny kind of way" either IMO

Him banging the old ladies and John turturro acting like an idiot amuses me every time

LoudLon wrote:

I can take or leave him.  I wouldn't say I dislike him -- but I don't like most of his movies.  I did like The Wedding Singer. I think that he, like so many other comedians, is actually rather good at playing straight drama as opposed to comedy.

Yet again Lon speaks wisely. i liked the wedding singer, and i really thought Bedtime Stories was a really sweet, uplifting film, but like Lon said, a lot of comedians excel at drama , and Adam Sandler is very good in " Reign Over Me"in a dramatic role.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2011-01-26 14:41:25)

I like The Waterboy and the Wedding Singer also.

I loved sandler! The Wedding Singer is an absolute favourite of mine, the waterboy,Little Nicky, etc.                                     I did prefer a lot of his earlier stuff but thought bedtime stories was sweet. He's great in straight roles he surprised me like Robin williams did, especially at his diversity. Would be nice to see him break away from comedy and see how far his range can go :-)