Re: Which T.v Series Scared You As A Child?

None really scared me, but as a child we didn't have many horror shows, just sci fi shows like Outer Limits and Twilight Zone. smile

Night Gallery

None really ever scared  as a kid I was a huge fan of Tales From The Crypt...lol but really wasnt a child either more a teen at the time...

I didn't really get scared by shows as a kid too much either, though  watched all the horror type shows I could.  One of my favorites was Wolf (I think it was called), one of the first shows Fox had as a new network.

I loved it when non-horror shows would have a dark show.  Like when The Greatest American Hero had the haunted house and the spirit.  ScyFy had a marathon and I got to see that one recently.  Also...and no one seems to remember this...remember when there was that episode (might of been a two parter) of the Incredible Hulk where there was a bad Hulk?  The two fought.

I also loved Halloween episodes of shows.  Roseanne (yes I brought up Roseanne on a horror thread!) had some great ones...not scary but fun.  Ok...now I'm just reminiscing.  smile

Full House.  All those child molesters living under one roof.  Creepy.

On a side note...I think Full House is the worst show ever.  Part of the reason I think that is not just because of how bad it was, a lot of shows were (and are) bad, but that is was actually successful!  So, now that you mention it mdc, I agree.  Very creepy.

In my early and pre-teen's i had this genuine fear of alien abduction...probably due to shows like Sightings and The X-Files.

Bionic Woman...LOL

The robots without faces were scary!

boo!  wink
http://www.designboom.com/history/female_robots/37.jpg

^ ^  and Westworld...  creeeeepy

http://goremasterfx.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/westworld-4.jpg

http://www.originalalamo.com/images/westworld-web.gif

It seems to be a bit of a trend here than no one was really scared by much on TV as a child, and I'm not gonna break it. But, there was a show that was creepy in its implications, and it's one I wish they'd put back on TV...

Millennium.

I always wanted to be like Frank Black, with the special insight and whatnot.

Chrizzy wrote:

It seems to be a bit of a trend here than no one was really scared by much on TV as a child, and I'm not gonna break it. But, there was a show that was creepy in its implications, and it's one I wish they'd put back on TV...

Millennium.

I always wanted to be like Frank Black, with the special insight and whatnot.

true that !!  that was a good show

MistressOf Horror wrote:

^ ^  and Westworld...  creeeeepy

http://goremasterfx.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/westworld-4.jpg

http://www.originalalamo.com/images/westworld-web.gif

Ok...Yul Brynner is a fellow bald guy and one of the coolest dudes ever.

Definitely early seasons of X-Files scared the bajeezus out of me, but the show that haunted me the most was a short lived series called The Extraordinary from about 1993, it was a very atmospheric reality type show that dealt with unexplained mysteries of the world, and paranormal stories, All of which i believed at the time.
What made these shows even more special was the fact i wasn't supposed to be watching them, they were obviously on too late for my little 8 year old mind, but i could angle a glass cabinet in my room to see the reflection of my grandparents television and i would lay awake all night silently shitting myself yet having the time of my life. This sneaky approach did nothing but heighten the thrill, and is definitely what pushed me into being a horror movie lover.
Man the Extraordinary, they never released it on DVD but i would love to track a copy of that show down, i think even to this day it would freak me out a bit...something about unexplained mysteries that just gets to me.

None. I was born with nerves of steel!

I don't remember getting scared by anything.
I used to watch my dad play Resident Evil on playstation, which I found very interesting. I only remember getting scared when my mom screamed. lol. ^^

XeniaGerrard wrote:

I used to watch my dad play Resident Evil on playstation,

I feel old now.

swollenguy wrote:

I feel old now.

Nah, don't. ^^ I'm probably just quite young. :3 At least people say so

thefinalsolution wrote:

The Little Vampire. The original BBC version. That theme song creeped me out!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrVSUv71 … re=related[/youtube]

I uesd to watch that but it was in English, pretty good from what i remember.

When I was really young, the old Outer Limits was pretty scary.  And then later Tales from the Darkside was good.

When I was about 5, I loved Freddy but was scared to death when I heard Unsolved Mysteries coming on. Guess it was the music.

Goosebumps. I remember when the Slappy episode came on I was hiding under my blanket and telling my Mom to turn the TV off, but looking back at Goosebumps now it's actually kind of cheesy.

I loved goosebumps! I remember when they came out with the books that let you choose what you did next and each option took you to a diff page. Awesome! It wasn't scary but I was in love with Are You Afraid of the Dark growing up.

I never got in to Goosebumps or Are You Afraid of the Dark even though I grew up with those. I mostly watched cartoons or movies, I remember a part in The Hobbit animated movie scaring me.

In elementary school  in library class my class was watching the episode about the haunted mask, and my library teacher who wasn't the best looking put on the episode. I shouted that the mask looked like her and I got kicked out of class. Unrelated, but I just had to share lol.

And I love the episode of Are You Afraid Of The Dark about the haunted house with a werewolf in it, the episode was kind of like an anthology like Creepshow.