Re: Found Footage Films

Cool Mistress...curious what you'll think bout it. 

I just got done with June 9 (lazy night tonight).  I really don't have anything good to say about it.  For those of you that hated the Blair Witch folks, and wanted them to die...multiply that by 10 for these characters.   

Think I'm gounna take The Meadowoods off my list for now.  That didn't look too good.  Would appreciate info on it if someone has some.

Meadowoods was pretty bad IMO. If you disslike annoying characters then don't bother with it LOL.
It did remind me a little af the movie "Zero Day" I think is what it was called. Kinda based on the Columbine shootings. It wasn't horror but a very disturbing movie IMO.

Lake Mungo was interesting.. it had a few creepy moments. I felt sad for the family and I found the cell phone incident near the end to be very weird..

Of any of the the one I have seen, Meadowoods is probably one of my least favorites.  The characters really annoyed me.  And they were even more annoying in June 9, but I did think the ending was done pretty well, which kind of made up for them.  It was funny, but when I saw the ending of The Last Exorcism, I instantly thought of June 9. 
Mistress, that is part of why I liked Lake Mungo so much, the characters are very realistic, and in spite of the slow pace, they draw you into the story.  That and what they discover about their daughter along the way.

The Last Exorcism has been my least favorite so far. I haven't seen Meadowoods or June 9

As for Lake Mungo I agree with you. The characters were very realistic and thats what makes this kind of movie work.

Just FYI folks, Zero Day (2003) is not really a horror movie but IS one of the most disturbing character studies and found footage movies I have ever seen. Very real and very good movie.

Chainsaw, that 's the one kinda mirroring the Columbine Massacre, right?

^Yeah, that's the one. It's a must see smile

ChainSaW80 wrote:

Just FYI folks, Zero Day (2003) is not really a horror movie but IS one of the most disturbing character studies and found footage movies I have ever seen. Very real and very good movie.

Zero Day sounds impressive...I've gotta keep an eye out for it. More than just the found footage idea, I'm a fan of anything that really tries to just be realistic.

Death of a Ghost Hunter.  Was ok  7 / 10.

http://i52.tinypic.com/24n4dqp.jpg

Ghostseeker wrote:

There is one scene in particular (think doorway) that I think worked extremely well.  smile

^That scene, think cover, gave me chills.  Nicely done!

Ghostseeker wrote:

I liked this movie a lot

Saw Meadowoods.  Not as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Part at the end which I found surprisingly disturbing. 

Felt like we were supposed to be in awe of the main characters.  Like we should be sitting there thinking how evil they were.  Instead I found them annoying and really wanted bad things to happen to them.

5.5 / 10.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Instead I found them annoying and really wanted bad things to happen to them.

Yeah, especially the chick and the ringleader.  They both really deserved to have something bad happen to them!

hmmmmm Imma have to give Death Of A Ghost Hunter a watch

Yes you do Mistress! smile

someone stole all my personal films which I had entitled "Birth of A Breast Hunter".
Mistress featured in Act 23, 27, 30 & 31        it was a work in progress   tongue

Let's not forget The Hills Run Red.

^ I still say the makers of that really missed out on an opportunity to make a far more compelling and vicious film than what they ended up with, dammit.
LOVED the premise, the film not quite as much LOL

^ I didn't like it much either. It coulda been a valid slasher flick but turned into House of 1000 Corpses meets Hostel at the end.

I just found Death of a Ghosthunter on netflix instant! Score! I'll have to check It out soon.

deadhorse13 wrote:

^ I still say the makers of that really missed out on an opportunity to make a far more compelling and vicious film than what they ended up with, dammit.
LOVED the premise, the film not quite as much LOL

aint that the truth !!!

Saw The Last Broadcast.  Interesting and entertaining.  Kinda disappointed with the end...without giving it away...kinda changed the theme of the movie with the camera views.

Overall thought it was worth seeing.  Can totally see how it could of inspired the Blair Witch Project.  Don't know if it did or not.

I will have to check that out also

Yeah...I got REC coming next, so hope to see that over the weekend.  I know it's supposed to be good, and one of the better found footage films.  I was just late seein it, plus I typically avoid the dubbed movies, with a few exceptions.

So...curious what you'll think of the Last Broadcast.