Re: What are YOU watching tonite/this weekend?

I've watched a couple of horror movies this week already. Watched Disapeared, Wilderness and Stay Tuned.

Okay.. Stay Tuned isnt horror but the devil's in it... and theres ghouls and killer dogs in there too.

We're doing a horror movie night this friday. Still havent decided what to watch.

I have the weekend off and no plans...its Superbowl weekend and I live in Pittsburgh...and shockingly I am not a sports fan...so I'll be watching something this weekend just not sure what yet

Gonna go check out The Roommate, Netflixed Kick-Ass, and gonna catch Carrie (the original) on cable. Oh, and the Superbowl too! Go Steelers!!

Orphan - finally going to get around to watching it.
And I am really looking forward to watching Gaspar Noe's Enter the Void.

Last edited by alien25 (2011-02-04 11:55:18)

I Spit On Your Grave remake smile

Got my hands on a few older flicks I missed (or was too young to see) the first time around and will be checking them out over the weekend:

American Nightmare (1983)

House on Sorority Row

Last Days of Man on Earth (aka, The Final Programme).  I actually did see this on cable, way, way back around '81 or so (when I was just a wee nard all of 9 or 10 years old), but I remember almost nothing about it except some sex scenes and a guy walking off at the end looking like some kind of missing link.

I'll also be checking out The Last Exorcism, which I avoided due to seeing Eli Roth's name attached (even if his involvement was minimal) but I noticed a couple folks here have said some good things, so...

I've recently had the urge to show my parents some obscure horror, and, for some reason, for tonight, I'm thinking Antropophagus...

Finally I rented Monsters and RoboGeisha for tonight. Maybe we'll watch something else to... but I'm watching those for sure this weekend. Other possibilities are Cold Prey 2, REC 2, Frozen or Poughkeepsie Tapes.

Antro is so terribly slow and pretty uneventful till the final reel - hope they can stay awake, Chrizzy LOL

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2011-02-04 16:10:56)

^ Huh...I've never seen it, so I didn't know. They might make it. I want to show them Zombieland, but I've been waiting for a friend of ours to be here so she can see it too. I've also been considering Sleepaway Camp, Bad Taste, and, recently, I've had the urge to re-watch Ichi the Killer.
Hmmm... there's too many.

Antro is pretty dull aside from the infamous baby scene - it tests even my patience and have a very high tolerance LOL

the others you mention are far more fun to watch and still 'out there' - I suggest leaning toward one of those.  The fact your parents would even sit thru any of those makes me jealous - my parents never enjoyed the horror genre much.  Might explain my own unhealthy appetite. LOL

I got my love for horror from my parents. When mom was pregnant with me, she and dad used to invite friends over and they'd eat pizza and watch horror movies, and it apparently seeped into me.

And, yes, those others are fun... I especially got a kick out of Ichi. Not as much as I did from Machine Girl, though, but it's still epic Japaneseness.

^^ Ichi & Machine Girl; both great Asian flicks, along with Battle Royale I also want to see Meatball Machine.                                  Watching Hatchet 2 & While She Was Out, tonight.

Hopefully...

Death of a Ghosthunter
Enter the Void
and maybe I will get to finally finish watching Nightmare in a Damaged Brain (1981). I got about half way through it the other night

The little known Bob Clark classic Dead of Night (aka Deathdream) followed by Hatchet 1 and 2 and to close with the infamous Ashton Kutcher vehical Spread (hey, it didn't even take in a million $$$ and this guy is still acting like he's a Somebody).

frigging love Deathdream - very underrated, classic stuff
Savini's first real FX credit, too

...and that poor dog! LOL

Just watched Saw 7. Meh...

I think I will watch Scream tonight smile

LoudLon wrote:

I'll also be checking out The Last Exorcism, which I avoided due to seeing Eli Roth's name attached (even if his involvement was minimal) but I noticed a couple folks here have said some good things, so...

Blecch! 

I'm not saying don't watch it, I'm just getting my opinion in before it goes down.  lol

I have nothing worth watching tonight, but I'll look around on the online horror channels. There must be something out there...

Baby_Firefly wrote:

I think I will watch Scream tonight smile

Wes Craven is sweet! His best film i think is the hills have eyes.. Last house on the left and Nightmare on Elm are also superb..

I think i'll be watching Peeping Tom this weekend... Also Haxan looks pretty terrifying.. I'm not sure if the cabinet of Dr Caligari is horror, but i wanna watch that too...

I have The Road lined up to watch.
I watched Murder By Numbers BLECH what a waste of time.

I'm just about to watch Lucio Fulci's 'The Eroticist'. I hope it is as erotic as it sounds...

not quite, but if you dig Fulci you'll definitely enjoy it for all the surreal perversions it does offer

l

I plan on giving Monsters a second watch, then I have Hatchet II coming today.  I may try and watch a certain brutal Asian flick aw well.