Topic: Nosferatu

I saw the Werner Herzog version of Nosferatu the other night and i thought it was damn good.. Herzog was definitely the best person to remake the original Murnau film.. especially considering they are both German.. It was clearly not a typical shitty cash in remake.. Is anyone here a fan of either film or director?

Re: Nosferatu

yes, and yes  smile

Herzog is amazing and Kinski is a force of nature LOL

Oddly enough I liked Kinksi's performance better than Herzog's direction.  I'm weird that way.

Still can't beat the oringinal Murnau Nosferatu, though.  The direction and cinematography in that movie, the use of shadows and practical FX -- considering the time period, it was phenomenal.  And it's still spectacularly creepy today.  They showed in on TMC this past Halloween and I couldn't help but still be impressed by it.

as far as the herzog remake, great atmosphere. cool that they shot an english and german version at the same time, so you can watch them both and see the differences in the performances. Love the remake, but i agree, there is not a greater horror movie than the original. Max is the scariest ever. Check out My Best Fiend, the story of Herzog and Kinski. Pretty wild documentary.

I'll have o give this one a look. I'm a fan of Kinksi's. He is one creepy SOB!

I agree with Lon about the original, for a movie nearly 90 years old it is amazinly well done! And still very creepy today. Still one of my favorite portrayals of vampires to this day.

Kinski and Herzog needed each other.. They worked off each other and were inspired by each other.. They have both done great work outside of each other but when they were together they were unstoppable. 
Aguirre the wrath of God and Fitzcarraldo are also both compulsive viewing.