Topic: Phenomena

Apparently the scene where the swarm of flies attacking the building is just someone pouring coffree into water

Re: Phenomena

Yeah, that was a pretty clever optical on Argento's part.  Of course when you watch it now it's awfully quaint and dated but it worked well at the time.

This may not be Argento's best flick but it's definitely one of his craziest.  The last twenty minutes especially -- the world's longest telephone cord, the pool of maggot-ridden corpses, the guy breaking his thumb to get out of the cuffs, Daria Nicolodi doing a sheet metal decap, the monkey with the razor, the deformed monster kid eaten alive by flies...pure craziness, I loved it!

One of my favorite Argento flicks. Also one of my favorite movie soundtracks.

And it features the ubiquitous Donald Pleasance.

Def one of the Best Argento films!  Has a really cool soundtrack too...a mix of Goblin and various Metal bands of the time period...Dario's own daughter gets her head lopped off in the opening scene!  Awesome!

one of the best. it's one of those when you describe it to people just like LoudLon did they stare at you for a long time, bet then you show them the movie and it's all there. monkey with a straight razor! you can't top that!

I believe when I saw it eons ago it was the American version called Creepers.  But it was the first time I can recall seeing Jennifer Connelly, and instantly falling in love with her.  I need to revisit this one, especially if there are significant differences between the two versions.

Yeah Alien Jennifer Connelly I got a honey drip too... damn young thing like her...

Love the film & music but thought some the metal stuff was placed in scenes where it didn't fit, like Maiden's Flash of the Blade.