Topic: Final Destinaton 5

I am really excited for this. Hopefully, it will be better that the 4th one.
Thoughts?

Re: Final Destinaton 5

But...I thought the Final Destination 4 was supposed to be the FINAL Final destination?  If it wasn't, why the hell not???

Eh.  I stopped watching after part 2 anyway.

FD 6 and 7 will come out shortly after the Fifth one

LoudLon wrote:

But...I thought the Final Destination 4 was supposed to be the FINAL Final destination?  If it wasn't, why the hell not???

Eh.  I stopped watching after part 2 anyway.

I saw an interview with the makers who said it would be the last but IF!! they made another they already had ideas. I think they will keep churning them out but i for one am quite happy about that although i do think part 4 was the weakest i still liked it.

I find the Final Destination movies highly entertaining... it's what I put on when I want to watch something "light" lol Looking forward to the new one. Is it gonna be in 3D like the last one?

Not remotely interested.  Just like with Saw, I have to ask why?  We don't need anymore of these movies.  Take that time, effort and money and put it into creating something new and original.  I really liked the first one, but they have gotten progressively worse, with the fourth one being one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Like the first, the rest are crap.

I'm not a fan of these movies either.  If people like em...cool if they wanna make more.  I won't see them.  I tried watchin the last one and made it bout 20 minutes in.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Like the first, the rest are crap.

What? 2 and 3 are amazing, especially the third!!

alien25 wrote:

Not remotely interested.  Just like with Saw, I have to ask why?  We don't need anymore of these movies.  Take that time, effort and money and put it into creating something new and original.  I really liked the first one, but they have gotten progressively worse, with the fourth one being one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

You don't like Saw? Gasp

Last edited by KatJennings (2011-02-22 14:15:12)

This will be 100000000% better then the 4th movie.

I can not wait to see this movie,  it's my Franchise!

I loved the first 3, i lost count how many times i have seen them.

4 movie  is the weakest of 4 but it still had one or two good moments and i seen that least 5 times.

I really hope 6 and 7  ARE made and one of them should be made in UK, So i can be in.

I am also fan of the book series as got all 5 books, , 2,3,5 are the best!

I wonder they show teaser trailer just before scream 4, it be great if they do lol.

You know what I'd like to see?  All the money being spent on making more sequels put toward an original genre movie instead.

Do you know why most sequels suck?  Because H-Wood knows that if they make it, you will come.  And they progressively care less and less about the quality, so long as the name draws the audience in.

Lemmings!

LoudLon wrote:

You know what I'd like to see?  All the money being spent on making more sequels put toward an original genre movie instead.

Do you know why most sequels suck?  Because H-Wood knows that if they make it, you will come.  And they progressively care less and less about the quality, so long as the name draws the audience in.

Lemmings!

I find FD series very original, better than those ridiculously tacky slaher movies.

I thought the first one was passable.  Really enjoyed part 2.  But beyond that, it became obvious that the filmmakers cared less about making a good film than just having a good opening weekend.  And like the Saw flicks, folks just keep going to see them despite knowing good and well they're not going to get any better.

KatJennings wrote:
alien25 wrote:

You don't like Saw? Gasp

Where did I say that I dislike Saw?  I didn't.  I am merely asking what is the point of making the same movie over and over again.  Sure, they have changed locations, characters and created cool new kills, but the basic plot has not changed for either the FD or Saw movies.  And like I said, I would much rather see them expend their energy on creating new and original pieces in the horror genre, like both the original FD and Saw were at one time.  But once the sequels started, all creativity and originality were throw out the window.

I totally agree, Alien.  I was a huge admirer of the first Saw flick (back when I used to be a review writer, it was one of the only horror flicks of the '00s I gave 4 stars to -- actually, 4 Cleavers, as was the rating system of the website I reviewed for lol ). 

But as early as part 2 you could tell they were already running out of ideas.

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-02-22 15:28:29)

^Yeah Lon, I am a huge fan of indies, so just the backstory of how the original Saw came to be is one of the things that I like best about it.

One thing I really liked about it was the fact that the screenwriter played second lead, plus the fact that they managed to land Dread Pirate Roberts himself, Cary Ellwes, to star.  Personally I think it's one of the best performances Ellwes has ever delivered.

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-02-22 15:38:32)

^Totally agree Lon.  Unfortunately, Cary has not gotten better with age, he was not particularly good in the last Saw.  But alot of that could have to do with poor writing and directing.

He was in the last Saw?

Dammit.  I didn't bother with it.  I thought his story was over with the first one.  SHIT!  Now I'm going to have to watch the fuckin' thing.

^Yeah, that was one of the few things that I liked about the film, the return of Dr Gordon.  But I don't think I would see it based on that alone.

There are a number of actors whose entire filmographies I am compelled to see, and Ellwes is one of them.  I've seen everything the guy's done (even TV show appearances) aside from some stuff I simply haven't been able to find.  I have to watch it, regardless of how little I want to. lol

Well, at least I tried to dissuade you.  Now you can't blame me if you find yourself nauseated afterwards.  lol

Well, if I can sit through the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, I can probably sit through anything. lol

I liked the first 3 for what they were.

I still want the hour and a half of my life back I lost from watching part 4.