Topic: Resident Evil, not as Extinct as perceived

I just picked up Resident Evil Extinction the novel.  Yeah, it's not supposed to be out until the 31st of this month as far as anyone else is concerned, but one borders store didn't seem to mind giving it to me early.  Anyway, i am not going to give away any details of the book, but at the end it does say "to be continued"...weather or not DeCandido intends to write his own continuation or if there will be a forth movie is yet to be determined, but just be aware, the story does not stop with Extinction.  Just thought i would share what i have discovered

Re: Resident Evil, not as Extinct as perceived

im still skeptical about this movie because it looks like to me that its gonna stray too far away from the resident evil storyline. i dont kno, we are just going to have to wait and see about it.

TheResidentEvil wrote:

I just picked up Resident Evil Extinction the novel.  Yeah, it's not supposed to be out until the 31st of this month as far as anyone else is concerned, but one borders store didn't seem to mind giving it to me early.  Anyway, i am not going to give away any details of the book, but at the end it does say "to be continued"...weather or not DeCandido intends to write his own continuation or if there will be a forth movie is yet to be determined, but just be aware, the story does not stop with Extinction.  Just thought i would share what i have discovered

Russell Mulcahy was quoted saying that "Extinction" is going to be the last of the series.  Whether that's true or not, we'll have to wait and see.

I'm only interested in the games. I found the movies to be pretty boring. Therefore I'm only interested in Resident Evil 5 for the Xbox 360.

so far, the book is superb...gives the characters a bit more depth (i think)...weather RUSSELL intends to do another re movie is unlikely, but sony is always up for making money and will probably pass the buck to another director and writer if the need were to arise...but i am sure russell won't pass a chance to make more dough as well

I've read a couple of the books and they've all been great.  Same with the games.  However, the movies, not so much.  tongue

There are two series for the books...the S.D. Perry series created in storyline with the games, and the DeCandido series released in storyline with the movies.  Both of which are excellent.  It gives you a lot of back story information and "thoughts" of characters that you cannot get in the movies or games.  DeCandido (though not a favorite author of mine) does a superb job at recreating the movies in a new format, keeping true to the story line and characters, but giving you a more in depth look a each character.  Resident Evil Extinction the novel is not due out until July 31st as far as i can find, but the borders stores in minnesota have the books in stock, and one store allowed me to purchase one early because they were confused by the release dates (one of their computers said July 21st, the other said July 31st).  They figured the release date was pushed back, but had nothing solid to go on, so they let me buy it.  And let's just say, i am about 100 pages in and i am enthralled.  The movie is going to be AMAZING.  I'll know what happens to jill, if chris is in the movie, and where Angie went probably by tomorrow!  Huzzah!  i am loving it.  well, enough of me.  Ciao

Last edited by TheResidentEvil (2007-07-25 02:02:17)