Re: Black Christmas Offends Christian Groups?

I think the christians have a bigger battle to fight than what is released to theatres.  Christmas was a lie.  It was created to get pagans to denounce their "heathen ways"...in reality, according to research, Jesus was born in the spring, not the winter!!!  And besides, the Christian college here in the twin cities is fighting a legal fight because one of their students/staff was charged with forcing a 13 year old girl into doing sexual acts.  All i can say is...HEY, THEY MOVED UP FROM 12 YEAR OLD BOYS.  seriously, they need to fix themselves before they start spewing their intellectually challenged "scripture and word of god" at everyone else

TheResidentEvil wrote:

I think the christians have a bigger battle to fight than what is released to theatres.  Christmas was a lie.  It was created to get pagans to denounce their "heathen ways"...in reality, according to research, Jesus was born in the spring, not the winter!!!  And besides, the Christian college here in the twin cities is fighting a legal fight because one of their students/staff was charged with forcing a 13 year old girl into doing sexual acts.  All i can say is...HEY, THEY MOVED UP FROM 12 YEAR OLD BOYS.  seriously, they need to fix themselves before they start spewing their intellectually challenged "scripture and word of god" at everyone else

Ok two points. First off PLEASE everyone dont turn this into a religious debate, lets keep on the topic of Black Christmas. Secondly as a history buff ( as goon knows ) this informaiton posted is 100% true and correct and can be verified. It was created to compete against the THEN pagan festivals.

Good call Meh, this could get really ugly. Seriously, it's just a movie and weither you belive in Christmas or not, or if the holiday is valid or not, is not the debate. Just stick to the fact that epole are upset because of the release date of the film, I would bet that if it was released in the summer no one would have noticed.

see thats just it, does it really matter its released on xmas? Its got no under lying religious tones at all, its just a guy killing folks while they exchange gifts.

And lets not forget that all the review as of late say it's a lame movie!

indeed there are at least 3 reviews between this site and www.moviesonline.ca nad its NOT looking good.

Latest review by Tim Hannigan who also writes for this site.
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie_review … hp?id=5093

This topic is about CHRISTIANS being upset ABOUT THE MOVIE...so, my post was well within the bounds of this post.  It isn't a debate.  I just pointed out the fact that there are other things more important than this movie that people should be appaulled about.  Also, i must say, with meh's latest comment in mind, that this movie takes place over the time of christmas where IT SO HAPPENS that these people celebrate it...it's not a knock at christianity in anyway...more the idea that serial killers and the immortal are always around...to set this movie during the summer would be tired and unoriginal.  i think late december is the BEST time to set it around.  I can't wait to see this movie.  And, if you read my posts on the resident evil thread, you will notice that i rarely take into account the criticisms of those on this website.  :::nods to meh:::  lmao...Merry Chrisma-Hauna-Quanic-Yule-Comercial Holliday DAY (the last bit was for athiests)!

lol... i think what hard2kill was trying to say was to anyone reading NOT to turn it into such a debate. You did not.

The thing is....if they had strong beliefs and whatever this shoudln't bother them, Any movie that touches religion they flip out, same with The Exorcist, Stigmata, Da Vinchi Code........if they are as religious as they say they are this shoudlnt offend them as much as it is......

what I say to these fuckers is its only a fuckign movie. I seriously hate when people bitch about a movie. Its a religous movie with killers and blood. who cares seriously I know everyone is titled to their own opinion but leave the movies alone. it an hour and a half movie if you dont like it DONT WATCH IT. Just liek if you dont like someone dont talk to them. But no they have to start shit and try to get a movie banned when its never gonna happened soo these ppl might as well stop your bitchign and grow up. Leave us horror movies alone.

Guess the christian right haven't checked this one out yet

http://www.odessafilmworks.com/jcvh/